Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 05:09   #181
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

State authority and liberty are a zero sum game. Authority should be questioned at every turn. The state should face resistance in everything it does.

It's only healthy

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

Rush Limbaugh
Old 08-04-2014, 08:54   #182
clancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Depends on the content of the post(s).
As for individuals, post history can often be self defining.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk

Could this be considered anti-authority?

There is a psycho female at the Detroit Ambassador Bridge who once was refusing me to come back into Michigan because I had a Florida drivers license and no passport and couldn't "prove" I was a US citizen. (Prior passport required days). We had plans of meeting others at Xochimilco's for dinner and she was holding us so long my sister in law made a cell call to the people to tell them we were being detained.

The psycho ordered her to get off the phone or she would be arrested for interfering with a government employee in the performance of duty so my SIL hung up.

I showed two retired dept ID's with photos and was told they could be forged. I became a smart alec and said passports can be forged also and added that to be a LEO in the states one must be a citizen. I then asked for her to get a supervisor and was told I can't ask for nothing. My son in law is a Border Patrol officer/ and K-9 there and was on duty so I asked the psycho to call him over. She said "he can't verify nothing for you and he doesn't have anything to do with this"

This is going on now for at least twenty minutes and finally I said "look, do what you want to hold me because I'm getting out of the car to let my family go to meet friends", and as I opened the car door, she said "well next time you better have a passport or birth certificate-you can go now".

When I call my SonIL, he told me the the psycho had just returned to work and given her gun back because she had flipped out before. My SIL brought it to a supervisors attention but she is still out there.

If you go across the bridge, check to see and avoid the heavy set, med complx. BF, at one of the stations. She really is nuts.

Last edited by clancy; 08-04-2014 at 08:57..
Old 08-04-2014, 10:42   #183
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
Could this be considered anti-authority?

There is a psycho female at the Detroit Ambassador Bridge who once was refusing me to come back into Michigan because I had a Florida drivers license and no passport and couldn't "prove" I was a US citizen. (Prior passport required days). We had plans of meeting others at Xochimilco's for dinner and she was holding us so long my sister in law made a cell call to the people to tell them we were being detained.

The psycho ordered her to get off the phone or she would be arrested for interfering with a government employee in the performance of duty so my SIL hung up.

I showed two retired dept ID's with photos and was told they could be forged. I became a smart alec and said passports can be forged also and added that to be a LEO in the states one must be a citizen. I then asked for her to get a supervisor and was told I can't ask for nothing. My son in law is a Border Patrol officer/ and K-9 there and was on duty so I asked the psycho to call him over. She said "he can't verify nothing for you and he doesn't have anything to do with this"

This is going on now for at least twenty minutes and finally I said "look, do what you want to hold me because I'm getting out of the car to let my family go to meet friends", and as I opened the car door, she said "well next time you better have a passport or birth certificate-you can go now".

When I call my SonIL, he told me the the psycho had just returned to work and given her gun back because she had flipped out before. My SIL brought it to a supervisors attention but she is still out there.

If you go across the bridge, check to see and avoid the heavy set, med complx. BF, at one of the stations. She really is nuts.
Today, do you see her actions as that of an individual? Or do you use her actions to paint the entire Border Patrol/Fed .gov/ .gov in general?

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.
Old 08-04-2014, 23:43   #184
clancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
Today, do you see her actions as that of an individual? Or do you use her actions to paint the entire Border Patrol/Fed .gov/ .gov in general?
I see her actions as an individual.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:24   #185
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Occupation can give one a biased view and inhibit critical thinking.

Rush Limbaugh
Old 08-14-2014, 15:46   #186
RickD
Pro-Open Curry

Send a message via AIM to RickD

I had no idea this thread was still active.
Old 08-18-2014, 20:16   #187
Steve83
Bronco guru

I vote we change the term to "anti-overbearianist". I don't really resent authority, as long as it's OUR authority (as written in the Constitution). I think it's an overbearing government that the founding fathers were "anti-", and I'm on board with THEM. I resent & resist the big brother mentality at every level, but of course, the level I have the most interaction with is LEOs.
Walk softly & carry a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Steve83; 08-18-2014 at 20:19..
Old 08-18-2014, 23:19   #188
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Why do you have the most interactions with LEO's?

Sent from my ORI using Copatalk

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 08-20-2014, 09:00   #189
clancy

Quote:
Why do you have the most interactions with LEO's?

If that question is directed at me, it is because I work a late night shift. I close the bar down anywhere between midnight and 4am. Where I live, if you are out driving after midnight and a cop sees you, odds are good you will be stopped. The other night I was driving home and got stopped around 2:30am by a trooper. After the usual license and registration request and the usual questions(where are you coming from, where are you going, have you been drinking), I asked why I was stopped.

The trooper told me he stopped me because my rear license plate lights appeared dim. Yeah, right, he was on a fishing expedition, and figured the odds were that if I were out that late, I must have been drinking.
Old 08-20-2014, 13:11   #190
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
If that question is directed at me, it is because I work a late night shift. I close the bar down anywhere between midnight and 4am. Where I live, if you are out driving after midnight and a cop sees you, odds are good you will be stopped. The other night I was driving home and got stopped around 2:30am by a trooper. After the usual license and registration request and the usual questions(where are you coming from, where are you going, have you been drinking), I asked why I was stopped.

The trooper told me he stopped me because my rear license plate lights appeared dim. Yeah, right, he was on a fishing expedition, and figured the odds were that if I were out that late, I must have been drinking.

Sounds like harassment. Illegal for sure but impossible to prove.

Rush Limbaugh
Old 08-20-2014, 14:46   #191
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Not impossible.
Do a traffic count and compare that to the number of cars stopped.
If it's really just about every car that is stopped as he claims ...

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 08-20-2014, 16:07   #192
Ohio Copper

From the New York State vehicle code:

4. if required to display a number plate on the rear, a white light which shall illuminate the numerals on such plate in such manner as to render such numerals legible for at least fifty feet from the rear. The provisions of this subparagraph shall also apply to trailers.

Almost the exact same as Ohio's revised code. So yes, appeared dim is good enough, no matter what you feel.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Old 08-20-2014, 16:09   #193
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Sounds like harassment. Illegal for sure but impossible to prove.

Why would it be harassment? Sounds to me like the NYS Trooper is doing a hell of a job.

If his tag isn't illuminated at a distance of fifty feet, why do you feel it is "illegal"?

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Old 08-20-2014, 21:58   #194
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
From the New York State vehicle code:

4. if required to display a number plate on the rear, a white light which shall illuminate the numerals on such plate in such manner as to render such numerals legible for at least fifty feet from the rear. The provisions of this subparagraph shall also apply to trailers.

Almost the exact same as Ohio's revised code. So yes, appeared dim is good enough, no matter what you feel.
Traffic enforcement is about safety right? Imagine how unsafe a car is to fellow motorists with a dim plate light.

hey Clancy, did he pace off 50 feet to see if the light was sufficient?

Rush Limbaugh
Old 08-20-2014, 22:01   #195
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Why would it be harassment? Sounds to me like the NYS Trooper is doing a hell of a job.

If his tag isn't illuminated at a distance of fifty feet, why do you feel it is "illegal"?
Because although you won't admit it, you and I both know that the trooper stopped clancy for the exact reason clancy stated: fishing expedition.

Rush Limbaugh
Old 08-20-2014, 22:58   #196
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

A valid stop is a valid/legal stop, no matter your emotions.

Old 08-20-2014, 23:45   #197
clancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Traffic enforcement is about safety right? Imagine how unsafe a car is to fellow motorists with a dim plate light.

hey Clancy, did he pace off 50 feet to see if the light was sufficient?
I don't believe he did. He parked maybe 10 feet behind me, and from what I saw in my side mirror he went right back to his car. I don't think he even called in my license. It was less than a half minute from the time he took my license, walked away, and came back, gave it to me, told me about my dim license plate lights, and told me to have a safe trip home.
Old 08-20-2014, 23:48   #198
clancy

Quote:
Not impossible.
Do a traffic count and compare that to the number of cars stopped.
If it's really just about every car that is stopped as he claims ...

"Where I live, if you are out driving after midnight and a cop sees you, odds are good you will be stopped."

A bit different from "just about every car", isn't it?
Old 08-20-2014, 23:51   #199
clancy

Quote:
A valid stop is a valid/legal stop, no matter your emotions.
Would I be wrong in feeling negative emotions when I was pulled over last December, in a snowstorm, and given a ticket because my rear license was partially obscured by snow?
Old 08-20-2014, 23:57   #200
clancy

Quote:

I find your idea of "a hell of a job" quite a bit different from mine. I guess I should be grateful that there cops out there as conscientious as you and the trooper who stopped me, but for some strange reason I don't.

For the record, I stopped at the local town police department and asked one of the cops to look at my license plate lights, and explained why. The cop just shook his head and said he can't believe a trooper would waste his time with such BS. Oh, yeah, my lights are just fine.

Closed Thread