Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2004, 21:32   #1
leeinmemphis

Needing advice on some workout program ideas....

Hey everyone,

I am needing to start working out again and need a little help with getting a well balanced program to start with. I am 31 y/o, 6', and 247# as of this morning. I think that I will be going on a bear hunt late next spring and I want to be in good shape for all of the hiking that I will need to be doing on the trip. Overall my strength is ok but my endurance is terrible and my legs are probably the weaker part of my body right now(I sit behind a desk all day or drive around town looking at prospects.).

I'm thinking that I'm going to start off with my diet changing a little for the better. I have to eat out during the week for lunch because I am out of the office a good bit. Typically it is always fast food but I'm going to start forcing myself to eat a salad with low cal dressing every day. That is probably the worst meal I eat every day.

As far as working out goes I have been doing the following work out 2x's a week on my bowflex:

Inclined bench
Inclined flies
Lat pull down
Tricep press
Bicep curl
Leg curl
Hamstring curl

All exercises are done to almost total failure....usually in 3 sets of 8-10 reps each.

I also have a very nice elliptical machine that I bought for my wife that I have access to. I am doing it 2-3 times a week as well.

Can someone help me out with maybe a 2 or 3 day split along with working in some cardio? My main goal is to tone up/gain strength and I would like to lose 30lbs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

-lee-
leeinmemphis is offline   Reply With Quote