Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2004, 05:04   #1
Ender
ComfortablyNumb

how long to leave the dog out???

how long would you guys leave your dog out in cold weather?

i deliver to this house once in a while...when i first started, it wouldn't get below 60 degrees...not a big deal, i go out in shorts at anything above 60 most the time.

every time i go to this house, this beautiful Golden barks his ass off at me (like a good dog should) from the back yard. now, its quite possible that they let the pup out because they know someone is coming and don't wanna deal with restraining the dog from greeting me/defending the house...or maybe they leave him in the yard all the time.

as it gets colder, windchill and all, i go to this house, and the dogs in the backyard. i'm thinking, "DAMN, ITS COLD!"

naturally the dog has a nice thick coat, and my pup has a double coat, but i still don't like to leave her outside for more than 30 mins max in the cold.

when i let her in, her fur is really cold feeling, but only for a couple mins...then shes at room temp again. her skin is much warmer at all times...i still don't like to leave her outside, but she LOVES being outside...i always end up putting her out for a bit, letting her in for 10 or 20 mins, then letting her out again at her insistance.

anyways, in weather you think of as COLD, how long would you leave your dog out?

"We'll meet again...don't know where, don't know when; but I know we'll meet again, some sunny day."
Ender is offline   Reply With Quote