SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2005, 14:26   #1
bigbore

I think my 21 has proven its durability

For several years Iíve been abusing and neglecting my Glock 21. A running joke among some friends and I, nothing planned or documented. As I tell people what it has been through, most simply donít believe me. I wouldnít either, I guess. If someone told you their Glock has at least 150K rounds through it, and has gone almost 15K rounds with no cleaning or maintenance, would you believe them?

I want to do this so I have documentation, of what has been done, and how it worked. I donít care about 500rds without a FTE, or FTF. Once it was buried in the mud w/a full mag, and when I dug it out the next day it went bang the first time I pulled the trigger but the weight of all the mud on the slide kept it from cycling. I scraped off most of the mud on my boot and fired the remaining 12 shots without a problem.

I want to know how much can it take and still function. If not function perfectly Ė what will it take to get running again.

Quote:
Originally Posted By Mr45auto:
Hey partner, better you than me. I wouldnt do that test on any pistol I've gotta pay for. You do realize of course you're gonna make a $400 gun into a $100 gun?
Its all been done already, I'm just going to keep track this time. Heres a pic after around 15K rounds with no cleaning, and being buried in mud etc...
The barrel fouling was amazing, it was basically a smooth bore.
Valuable Info

Quote:
Originally Posted By dubb-1:
Quote:
Originally Posted By triburst1:
Which of your 1911s are you going to put through the same tests?[]
I'd vote for Springfield Professional Model.

Be well!
Come on over and toss your Pro (video)out the window. Hopefully it will land on my glock instaed of the rocks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by bigbore; 02-06-2006 at 06:38..
bigbore is offline   Reply With Quote