SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2006, 10:29   #1
BlackBelt

I'm getting uneasy about Gracie vs. Hughes

Matt sure seems to be motivated and in the best shape of his life. Royce is no slouch, but he's certainly not as young as Matt. I figure if it goes to the ground, and stays there, the advantage eventually will go to Royce. As long as there is enough time. The Gracie style doesn't always fit into neat little time frames with a bunch of rules. If it stays standing, Hughes will eventually out strike Royce...advantage Hughes.
Hughes is without a doubt one of the baddest boys in MMA. Royce was the same back in the day. Royce has been fighting overseas a lot for the past few years. I hope that it has helped him evolve.
Either way, it promises to be a great fight...if for no other reason than it's the 'old' vs. the 'new'.
I also figure either way, Royce wins the moral victory...he started the UFC, and this is what it has evolved into. Like he says, "He's a proud papa."
I have wiped my slate clean Sat. night and am heading to my local sports pub to check it out. I can't believe I actually got a date for this thing, also. Boy, she's gonna be pissed when I don't spend a minute of time paying attention to her!
BlackBelt is offline   Reply With Quote