Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2007, 13:11   #1
dawg23
Resident Dimwit

Employee Learns Lesson - Don't Talk To Strangers

One of my employees came into my office this morning to tell me the following story (I posted a condensed version on Training and Tactics, without the detailed description of the location):

Yesterday morning (January 15) he stopped to buy gas on his way to work. He stopped at the Shell service station located on Highland Road, next to the I-10 on-ramp, in South Baton Rouge. For those unfamiliar with this part of town, this is the exit where the big water slide is located and is about two blocks from the Country Club of Louisiana - not considered to be the "bad" part of town.

As he was leaving the pumps, a young, polite, well spoken black male walked up to his truck and asked for directions to some place (I didn't ask where). The black dude (BD) reached into the truck and grabbed my guy's wallet, which was lying on the dash. My guy asked that he take the cash ($6) and give back the wallet. The BD pulled a 9mm pistol, told my guy to get the **** out of there, and started walking toward the entrance to the store where an accomplice was waiting in a parked car.

My employee decided to drive past the BD's car to get license plate number. The BD didn't like this and began shooting - hit the truck three times, with one shot blasting out the rear window.

My employee drove across Highland Road to State Police Troop A (about 200 yards away), told a trooper what had happened and gave him a description of the vehicle and license plate number. Troopers drove through the area, spotted the car and arrested the two occupants. They brought the BD's back to Troop A and my guy identified the shooter. Troopers found the 9mm pistol in the BD's car (no wallet) and recovered three slugs from my guy's truck.

Final result is BD charged with attempted murder and my employee vowing to never again talk to strangers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by dawg23; 01-16-2007 at 13:20..
dawg23 is offline   Reply With Quote