Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2007, 19:48   #1
LongGoneDays
Misanthropical

Pulled over.

I have a long ramble about getting pulled over in Carry Issues, I left out the part that pertained to Louisiana and thought I'd get some experienced responses here.

I had my G19 in the glove box, and the officer asks me "If I run this will it come back in your name ?"

Huh ? This is Louisiana, brother. He asks me where I bought it, I tell him down South. He said "Well you bought it so it would be registered to you."

I tell him I bought it brand new, mine and always has been mine. He goes to his car for awhile, comes back with the ticket and my gun.
After he handed it back to me I ask him if he meant that when I did the background check, would it put my name on it ?"

He confuses me a little by saying "I ran it, it didn't come back as stolen. We run all guns in traffic stops."

But that's NOT what he said he was running it for. I understand the policy, but why ask me if it was registered to me ? To try and get a good idea if it was stolen ?

As I understand it, you're not required to "register" a gun in Louisiana. Also, that there is no record that can be found by running the serial number during a traffic stop, that shows the owner's name. Right ?
LongGoneDays is offline   Reply With Quote