SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-07-2007, 16:40   #21
TMG

"Ears" - "Open Sir"
"Eyeballs" - "Click Sir"

And at chow, "Where's my friggin' Double Rashons private?", "Where's my Diet Privates?", "When the Guides done, you're all done!"

When you first started marching, how many had to repeat this:

DI - "Forward..."
Recruit - "Take a full 30 inch step with the left foot Eye Eye Sir"

And the things I say to my kids every so often for fun.... 'Go brush your fangs', Put on your 'Go Fasters', dont forget your 'Moon beam'..
Old 11-07-2007, 18:02   #22
glkdawg45

Send a message via AIM to glkdawg45
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357glocker View Post
Do they still use the "Cobra" smell good stuff in huge quantities for everything?

When I was at P.I., it was the old Aqua-velvet. Anyone remember it ?
Tennessee Squire
glkdawg45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 18:49   #23
Whiskey Six
Platinum Membership
Marine 0369

Where to begin? Final PFT. One recruit had the runs all down the back of his legs. It was a mess. After the run he was standing at attention and the Senior sent him to the squad bay ahead of all of us. Our Senior turned to us and said. "Nobody laughs. That recruit just ran the crap out of himself". We all about died.

We were in the squad bay one evening when a recruit asked for permission to make an "emergency sit down head call" The DI asked him if he knew what sound an emergency vehicle makes. The recruit replied "Sir, a siren, Sir". The DI replied "I had better hear a siren then". That recruit howled for all he was worth the whole time he was in the head.

Don't forget "chicken wing".
Whiskey Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 20:54   #24
gruntmedik
CLM Number 291
Honk Honk

Playing "Beat the clock" on the Quarter Deck.

Making it "Rain" in the Pit.

Not being allowed to say our SDI'd name, only "Senior Drill Instructor Staff Seargent mmmmm"

Mountain climbers under your rack.

The Daytona 500 with our racks.

Foot-locker drill.

Man, I miss it.
Old 11-07-2007, 21:19   #25
Whiskey Six
Platinum Membership
Marine 0369

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntmedik View Post
Playing "Beat the clock" on the Quarter Deck.
"With a fartsack and pillow case. Get in my classroom. Now! Move!"
Whiskey Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:16   #26
357glocker

"You wanna play games recruit? I got games, I have more games than Milton Bradley, more twists than a rubix cube, lets play!

Losing- If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
357glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:42   #27
gruntmedik
CLM Number 291
Honk Honk

During mess week, myself and four other recruits were tasked with moving our squadbay from the 3rd deck to the 1st deck. Our Drill Instructor apparently thought we had it too easy, so among other things, he had us mount the pull-up bars that were on the quarter-deck. He then sprinkled foot powder all over the quarter-deck, dared us to dismount the pull-up bars, and went to chow. I swear that was the longest he ever spent at the chow hall.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:26   #28
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

Ouch, I remember the pull up bars at MCRD SD, the bloody tape all over them, the blisters that burst and you had to do pushups on the hot pavement with open wounds, then get back up on the bloody bars. Oh the good times and the rite of passage.
GreenDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:25   #29
02LimitedX

I enjoyed working the pits at Chosin... The DIs would take you in the head and youd play games. They'd have about 20 people in the head bear crawling around the head 20 times in 3 minutes while hes splashing water all over the deck. Of course you never got all the laps done in time so you did it again... and again and again. Then we had to squat down and bunny hop with our hands on the persons shoulders infront of us and do so many laps in 2 minutes and we even had a guide, his guideon was a dirty mop he held horizontally to hit everyone in the face with. I really enjoyed boot camp. Maybe I'm just crazy like that, but it was fun! Some of the craziest stuff happened at Weapons and Field Training Bn...
02LimitedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:42   #30
ro42023

i remember pugil stick training and i saw that a quick thrust to the head would get you a fast kill. so i went up with a guy a bit bigger than me and i just thrusted my stick in his face and the DI's stopped the match and gave me the win. i had the fastest win in the company. i ran off and i started to take my protective gear off when the Senior Drill Instructor from the platoon of the guy i beat came by and slapped me across the helmet i was wearing with a smile. ever since then when he would see me he would go out of his way to give me ****. not hazing me but just playing around.

oh yea, IM THE WHOLE F'n SHOW
ro42023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 13:38   #31
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro42023 View Post
i remember pugil stick training and i saw that a quick thrust to the head would get you a fast kill. so i went up with a guy a bit bigger than me and i just thrusted my stick in his face and the DI's stopped the match and gave me the win. i had the fastest win in the company. i ran off and i started to take my protective gear off when the Senior Drill Instructor from the platoon of the guy i beat came by and slapped me across the helmet i was wearing with a smile. ever since then when he would see me he would go out of his way to give me ****. not hazing me but just playing around.
I learned a little bit about pugil stick fights prior to going to boot camp so I was looking forward to the matchups. On the bridge over troubled waters, I got up there, started talking trash big time, all the while bringing my stick to a vertical forward cant position while the other guy was talking back he was bringin his stick horizontal, quick jab to the face and a buttstroke to knock him into the water, was all it took for me to win both of my fights.

The recruit behind me was a crazy dude from Boston, he got all crazy early, ran all the way across the bridge and started beating the snot out of the recruit who was not prepared to see such a vicious attack coming all the way over at him. Needless to say it hurt his psyche and he lost to the crazy Bostonian as well. That day was so much fun.
Old 11-13-2007, 16:46   #32
Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDrake View Post
Ouch, I remember the pull up bars at MCRD SD, the bloody tape all over them, the blisters that burst and you had to do pushups on the hot pavement with open wounds, then get back up on the bloody bars. Oh the good times and the rite of passage.

Me too. One time one of the DI's grabbed the last guy coming in the squadbay and said, "Oh. You wanna hang around, ha?". He made that poor guy hang from that bar for at least an hour.
Rugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 16:48   #33
Rugby

I got my head knocked off in the pugil sticks, but a different outcome in the boxing. I noticed when the DI blew the whistle, the first thing everyone did was swing at the head. So when it was my turn, the whistle blew, I ducked, the other guy swung over my head and I punched him as hard as I could in the belly. They made us go at it until he finally tagged me.
Old 11-13-2007, 16:53   #34
Rugby

My most memorable moment was first phase drill. One of the recruits was too scared to request permission to go to the head and ended up pissing himself. Eventually the DI noticed and made everone in the squad "blow dry him". He stood at attention while about 14 other recruits had their noses pressed up to his crotch (or as close as they could come) just blowin' away. Thank got I was in a different squad.

Anyone else have to do the three or four to a single urinal?

How about the bleach showers during field day?
Old 11-13-2007, 16:57   #35
Rugby

During second phase field training, the recruits were saving chow then sneaking into the ****ters to eat at night. Well, the **** sucker would not suck out the porta-johns because of the wrappers. There was stool over the height of the seats. The DI's made us go in and hand pick out the wrappers. Yummy. And my wife wonders why I'm all messed up in the head.
Old 11-13-2007, 17:01   #36
02LimitedX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugby View Post
My most memorable moment was first phase drill. One of the recruits was too scared to request permission to go to the head and ended up pissing himself. Eventually the DI noticed and made everone in the squad "blow dry him". He stood at attention while about 14 other recruits had their noses pressed up to his crotch (or as close as they could come) just blowin' away. Thank got I was in a different squad.

Anyone else have to do the three or four to a single urinal?
We had alot of people pissing themselves. The funniest time was when a recruit had to go in the chow hall. He drank all the water out of his canteen and proceeded to refill it below the table. Our DI ran over and started screaming at him telling him if he had both of his hands in his lap then he must be done with chow! Our DI had no clue what was going on under that chow table... LOL.
We had to get 4 recruits on a toilet but only 3 on a urinal. We even figured out how to get 4 in a porta potty! And then there was the time we fit 80 recruits inside the stalls in the head... there was only 10 stalls! I miss it even though it was only last week.
02LimitedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 17:05   #37
Rugby

The pit.

"Oh. You don't wanna go down-up no more? Very well, up-down-up-down..."
Old 11-13-2007, 17:07   #38
Rugby

First phase drill. We were ****ing up bad. The DI's made us take our boots off and throw them in a pile and proceeded to give us 30 seconds to get boots back on. Nothing like two hours of marching with the wrong size boots.
Old 11-13-2007, 17:08   #39
Rugby

How about being on the 500 yard line at the rifle range and having the DI tell you to grab your gear and run to the pits. Upon arrival another DI asks what the **** you're doing here and sends you back. Repeat.
Old 11-13-2007, 17:10   #40
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

We had a Private Pyle night at the rifle range, a recruit took a donut or cookie to the squad bay and the DI found it, we came back from chow and every footlocker was empty on the floor, the racks were taken apart and sitting in a heaping pile of metal and mattresses, the place was a wreck. Then they took the culprit, put a campaign cover on him and had him bend his own platoon, the Senior had me go get him lots of water and snacks so he could sit indian style and bend his own, this is the same guy who refused to hump up mount mother, and a JR DI buttstroked him and knocked him out (lost his belt for two weeks)

I was a diet private, 8 pounds over...and knew I had lost it by then, was always a top PFTer so I decided to turn the tables on the DIs when it came time for meal inspection, I put one frickin leaf of lettuce on my tray. The JR's didn't give a rip, they would just look at me and say "what the f*$k is wrong wit choo boy?" The Senior ended up asking me to explain it, I told him that "this recruit is a top performing member of 1125, sir, and he no longer feels he should be a diet private, sir" he took me into the duty hut and weighed me. I had already lost 15 pounds, so he took me off diet private, hell I lost 30 pounds in boot camp. All the time I had scrunched balled up doughey white bread into balls and slid them into my cargo pockets for some form of nutrition.