SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-18-2007, 14:33   #1
bangelo
MAC dADDY

Need shooting buddies

I got to say that going to the range with the GF is fun at first, but I cant ever talk guns with anyone there because shes starts to get fussy if I stay there to long. Any one around the Fairborn/Dayton/WPAFB area want to go shooting with me? I think i want to go shoot my AR this weekend if its not too cold. Actually screw the cold, im gana do it any way.

Also I need a outdoor rifle/pistol range to go to. I usually go to vandiallia range and armory, laughorner(sp?) or that public rifle range in spring valley. And it sucks. Stupid one shot a second rule. Any one know of any other ranges around these areas?
bangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 21:35   #2
joedoc

Hey Bangelo---there is another ODNR range out east called Tranquility.
It is on my list of ranges to try, have not been there yet. Southeast of Hillsboro.
There is also Fairfield sportsman club, but it is private----between Cinti and Dayton.
Frankly, I haven't had a bad experience at Spring valley, but I didn't know about the one shot per second rule.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:17   #3
bangelo
MAC dADDY

Joe, thanks for the list. Ill have to check it out. Yea im not a big fan of spring valley, I mean its alright, but I was shooting my glock there one day and the range officer came over and asked me to space my shots out more. I wasnt blindly unloading or anything. Oh well. Thanks for the input!
Old 12-19-2007, 12:59   #4
gtmtnbiker98

Try Clinton County Farmers and Sportsman Association. http://www.ccfsa.com
gtmtnbiker98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 20:19   #5
G37 Commando

There are a lot of Ohio people here. Some of them are from Dayton.

www.AR15Adviser.com
G37 Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 23:21   #6
Flexmoney

http://www.miamisburgsportsmensclub.com/
Flexmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 17:02   #7
ANeat
Got Pb?

Tranquilty is a nice place, Im not to far from there. Very nice private range in Lynchburg Ohio, more pistol oriented.

Also another private club, Miami Rifle and Pistol club, very active club with Bullseye, USPSA, Highpower, benchrest and other fun stuff
http://www.miamirifle-pistol.org/
ANeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 20:43   #8
CaptToyota

Troy Fish & Game... southeast side of Troy... 202 up to Troy from Huber if that where you at.

Need 2 people to sign your card, and get you in the dor to pay and into the meeting... get your privelidges at next month general meeting when you go grab your card.

Refer to AR15.com Ohio hometown forum for help.
CaptToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 04:46   #9
kelsitone
Armed & Safe

I used to be a member at Middletown Sportsmen's Club, but I foolishly got rid of all my long guns a while back. http://www.middletownsportsmensclub.com/ It would be a bit of a drive for you, maybe 45 minutes.
kelsitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 18:38   #10
shadow_dog
Hilljack

I belong to Middletown, http://www.middletownsportsmensclub.com/. Great place in my opinion.

Fairfield is just a 10 minute drive for me, I didn't join because A LOT of members left when they shut down the rifle range. I have been there as a guest before. Seems to be ruled by the shotgun crowd.

I drive 30 minutes to Middletown, no regrets.
Old 12-31-2007, 00:25   #11
Eagle1
Oh glockaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_dog View Post
I belong to Middletown, http://www.middletownsportsmensclub.com/. Great place in my opinion.

Fairfield is just a 10 minute drive for me, I didn't join because A LOT of members left when they shut down the rifle range. I have been there as a guest before. Seems to be ruled by the shotgun crowd.

I drive 30 minutes to Middletown, no regrets.

same reason i left, been a member at MSC for 3 years now and love it...

In God we trust, all others are checked through NCIC!
Eagle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 23:29   #12
joedoc

Middletown

Could I ask how hard it is to join Middletown Sportsman club?
The reason I ask is that when I tried to join Milford's club last year it was a bit of an ordeal--in particular one has to be free on the one sunday per month that they have their orientations, then you are expected to come and do grunt work at a couple matches, etc. I still am lacking one of the required signatures needed to join there (I work most weekends, which is the biggest barrier)

Is this also the requirement at Middletown?
Old 01-02-2008, 21:50   #13
Setzer77

Send a message via AIM to Setzer77 Send a message via Yahoo to Setzer77
I live in Dayton. The Spring Valley range is a bit of a bummer, but it's free. I usually don't have the cash to pay every time I want to go the range AND still have enough ammo to make it worth while. Typically I shoot at a friends house. There's also a shooter's club in Sydney/Anna that's worth going to.
Setzer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 22:14   #14
bangelo
MAC dADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setzer77 View Post
I live in Dayton. The Spring Valley range is a bit of a bummer, but it's free. I usually don't have the cash to pay every time I want to go the range AND still have enough ammo to make it worth while. Typically I shoot at a friends house. There's also a shooter's club in Sydney/Anna that's worth going to.
I might check it out once. but 50 miles a a little bit to much to drive a few times a week. I wish i owned some property.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:17   #15
SyLord

Send a message via AIM to SyLord Send a message via Yahoo to SyLord
Tranquility is nice, if you can find it. Not many signs, but I like it that way.

Do not go there the weekend of a gun show, you will find numerous idiots. Last time I was there someone showed up with a nice home modified machine gun. It worked, but he unloaded a thousand rounds in 15 minutes, and sprayed casings 3 tables over in each direction. I walked back to my truck with pistol in hand waiting for him to blow it up, or kill himself.

He did neither, ran out of ammo, packed up and left. I then collected a bucket of 30-06 brass, finished shooting my revolver, and left.

90% of the time I have gone the place is empty, short of just before deer season. I like the tables there and would like to build myself one like it for my yard. I moved and can now shoot in my yard, so I don't go there much anymore.

I live in New Richmond. I wouldn't mind making friends this way to go shooting also. No memberships anywhere anymore here either.

Darrell
SyLord is offline   Reply With Quote