SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2007, 02:11   #1
MAX100

Excellent Ceramic Paint for Refinishing Firearms

For anyone is looking to refinish a firearm this is an excellent way to do it.

The Dupli-Color ceramic added high heat engine paint is excellent to refinish shotgun barrels or receivers or any other firearm that you are looking to put a parkerized looking matte black finish on. It will withstand heat up to 1200 degrees. It is Tough cured finish that resists oil, gas grease, rust, salt, humidity, and solvents. I have used it on many firearms with very good factory looking results. It is tougher that Duracoat or Gun-Kote finish that cost about four times more. It cost about $6 from your auto parts store. (Part # DH 1602 High Heat Black) gives a nice matte black looking finish. You have to prep the surface well like you do with Gun-Kote bake on finish. I heat the part to 100 degrees before I start. I usually put two light coats with 10 min wait between coats. The directions says to hold 10" -12" from surface but at the end of the 2nd coat I hold it out a little further to give it a dusting for that light rough parkerized looking finish. Then you let it dry for about 20 mins and bake it in the oven on 400 for 1.5 hours.

Get the Dupli-Color High Heat 1200 degree engine paint only, it is tough as nails.

Here is the Dupli-Color link so you will know what to look for:

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/engine.html

Here is a picture of a mag tube ext I refinished with the Dupli-Color 1200 degree High Heat Black. This Magazine Tube Extension is on a H&R Excel Auto 5. By the way the Excel Auto 5 is an excellent low cost shotgun, very reliable.

This will give you a good idea of what your finish will look like after it has cured.

Gunsmithing

GC
MAX100 is offline   Reply With Quote