Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:46   #61
paul1973
Blue pitbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOGE View Post
So a complete stranger tells you that your wife is cheating on you. Do you....

A. Pimp slap the stranger

B. Shoot your wife

C. Gather more info

This must be Steve from the gun store
paul1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:49   #62
ArmaGlock
Glock Armorer

How about throwing the magazines across the store and telling him what you think of him, maybe embarrass him in front of his buddies a little.

Sounds like somebody needs to put this guy in his place.

Typical gun store behavior. In order to keep myself out of trouble I stay out of places with customer service representatives that act like that. My mouth will not stay shut, treat me like crap, and I'll treat you the same.
-Florida Glockers/1911 Club/Black Rifle/Tactical Shotgun #491/G1 Niners #140

"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men." Edmund Burke
ArmaGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 13:04   #63
DaveA

I had the same experience at a place near me as well. I've bought 3 guns there and each time you buy one you get a years membership on the range.

I bought an AR for $800 something and the guy I usually deal with wasn't there. Instead there was this guy who's always there ignoring people and surfing the web on the computer they use to check prices.

After being ignored several times, I go "Can I get a renew on my membership card for the range? I just picked up my AR" He doesn't even look up and goes "That's only if you buy a new gun." I said "Yeah...I just picked up my Bushmaster that I ordered. It's new". And he goes "How much was it?" with this annoyed tone. I go "$800 (something)" and he goes "Oh you need to spend $1000 to get the free range time" Which I knew to be complete bull****.

Then he goes "I'd better not catch you SNEAKING that in here, we're not rifle rated" I looked at him and said "I shoot here all the time, I'm aware of the range rules but thanks for the reminder. I think Top Gun is rifle rated. Maybe I'll just go there from now on and not bother you since you're obviously so busy."

I've never been back and although Top Gun is a lil more pricey, they're polite and a real sharp operation. I go there for all my handguns and rifle needs.

I suppose I could have called the first place (Wolverine Shooting) and complained but I figured, "Hey you want to be a jerk? See ya." I've never been back.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 13:13   #64
kgain673

I'd hate to say this but most ( not all ) gun stores are very rude, and come off like snobs ( similar to art snobs in art galleries), but less "classey". This is just my opinion so dont flame me guys. Many of the gun retailers that my brother and I enter treat us like we have no business buying a firearm. My brother is in the army and knows how to handle a rifle better then most of the fat mall ninjas, and they refuse to think anyone knows more then they do. The truth is they are retail, they know only what they have to sell. I'm sorry guys but I've have very few good gun store visits. My point is that any high end retail store you enter should treat customers with respect, when they are trying to seel you a tool for 300-900 dollars.
kgain673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 13:16   #65
Jeff82
CLM Number 237
NRA Benefactor

I'm beginning to see a reason why the shooting sports don't attract many new shooters...

This needs to be corrected for our own long-term benefit.

Now how....

We do pretty well f2f with folks but how do we get (all) gun shops to show a positive face?

"A Republic, if you can keep it." B. Franklin, 1787, outside Independence Hall

There's not "good" or "bad" muslims, only those true to their book and those that aren't, yet...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Jeff82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 13:33   #66
BustedFlush
Springy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzer View Post
Capitalzation and puctuation would help if you really want us to read your posts.
An extra press on "Return" key does wonders as well.

See, I just did it.

Sounds like a gun shop I would enter at most once.

BF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
- Add your SN prefix to the list

- No Hammers!

- Timmah!

:patriot:
BustedFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 16:53   #67
aaronrkelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radjxf View Post
I actually bought an HK USP from this a**hole a few years back. At the time, he was the only guy that had any in stock for 150 miles. Got a small taste of his rudeness on the phone. Got to his shop after a 3 hr drive, just about had to snap my fingers in front of his face to get him to acknowledge my presence. He was busy with a bunch of inbred cronies at the time
I spoke clearly and concisely with patience. Said "yes sir and no sir". He still treated me like some annoyance. Guess he kinda dented my ego as I clearly could have his behind for breakfast if necessary
Why are 75+% of gunshop owners such you-know-whats?
Avoid this tool.
Check out 417 guns, Bass Pro, heck anywhere but EDI/Steves!!
Well, apparently he can treat customers like this and they STILL BUY from him.....like you did. Maybe hes doing it right.

Hes got YOUR money in his pocket and you put up with it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." - Claire Wolfe
aaronrkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 17:05   #68
Radjxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronrkelly View Post
Well, apparently he can treat customers like this and they STILL BUY from him.....like you did. Maybe hes doing it right.

Hes got YOUR money in his pocket and you put up with it.
Touche!
You are correct, however when somebody drives 3 hrs one way, spends $75 in gas, I decided to take the good with the bad and move on.
Maybe you guys would get along fine?
Radjxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 17:21   #69
PRECISION4808

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassdeer View Post
I would of droped the brochures on the floor.
I was thinking the exact same thing!
PRECISION4808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 17:22   #70
aaronrkelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radjxf View Post
Touche!
You are correct, however when somebody drives 3 hrs one way, spends $75 in gas, I decided to take the good with the bad and move on.
Maybe you guys would get along fine?
Probably not, I have principles and treat people with respect until they prove otherwise.

He would have proved otherwise on the phone and would have saved me the trip. If not, I could care less at what cost or time, I would not have walked out of that store with a gun and I would have told him why.

I wouldnt have bought water from him if I was dying of thirst.

I have been known to go out of my way to prove a point, even at my own expense.

People that continue to buy from stores like that, for whatever reason, are why that guy thinks he can treat people like he does.

Because he can, and they still buy.

.....just doesnt make since.

Thank god you didnt have a problem with that gun and have to interact with him again.....that would have really sucked.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." - Claire Wolfe
aaronrkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 19:21   #71
T. R. Graham
The Glocksmith

I make my living by manufacturing firearms and doing firearms customization.

The CUSTOMER is the entire reason why we are in business. They are not there to waste our time.

Some folks forget this.

TR Graham
The Glocksmith
Riflesmith, Elk River Tool & Die
T. R. Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 19:54   #72
Doug Fresh
NRA MEMBER

rude

I was in a gun shop in N.H. I brought a friend there to look at a rifle. The owner handed my friend a brand new browning bolt action in 300 wsm. Then my buddy passed it to me to look at. Upon handing it back to the store owner he gave me a dirty look and then turned to his wife and said " clean this one up real good they got their prints all over it". What a rude thing to say to two potential customers. I won't go back. I feel your frustration.
Doug Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 20:31   #73
Zodiac
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. R. Graham View Post

The CUSTOMER is the entire reason why we are in business. They are not there to waste our time.

Some folks forget this.

TR Graham
The Glocksmith
Amen!!!! Ain't that the truth!
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 20:45   #74
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:

Some folks forget this.

TR Graham
The Glocksmith
This is true, regardless of you chosen profession.
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 21:00   #75
James Cox

Quote:

Some folks forget this.

TR Graham
The Glocksmith
THANK YOU!
Not all of us are inconsiderate rude jerks. We're out there, just gotta know where to look
Old 02-19-2008, 09:21   #76
Upshot

I've never posted here but lurk around and read occasionally, but this story was enough for me to register so I can comment. I can tell you for a fact as I live and work in Springfield MO, that Steve/EDI Plus is absolutely the worst you will find. This guy is a top-of-the-line *******. I've bought two guns from him in the past, and both were miserable experiences. A handful of my friends have tried to buy guns from him and only one ended up actually getting one.

As pure dipchits go, Steve is first class. He sells guns 15 bucks cheaper than everybody else, but I sure as hell have no idea how that helps him when the moment you walk into his gun shop you are going to be belittled and condescended.

I donít know anybody that wouldnít pay an extra $20 to have good customer service.

Iíll never go back, my friends will never go back, and most people that have ever shopped there have similar stories and will never go back.
Upshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:27   #77
Blitzer
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to Blitzer Send a message via Yahoo to Blitzer
Any more I tell them when they are Richard Craniums and walk out. Over priced guins and extreamly low IQs make me want to throw up!
Old 02-24-2008, 18:13   #78
bbeach
Kstateskier

Well today was a welcomed change! First time visiting Pistols Plus in Lake Ozark, MO (right off HWY 54)... FANTASTIC Customer Service! Very knowledgeable salesman, we talked guns for a bit, talked about some different ammo! He didn't have the magazines I was looking for in stock but offered to order them in and either ship them to me or call me when they came in. Super Nice guy and very very nice gun shop! One of the nicest shops I've ever been in. Huge selection of pistols too all on a big glass wall box. A lot of Glock stuff too - shirts, polos, range bags, etc. Anyway just thought I'd comment on a good shop to go with the bad one!

I knew there were good ones out there!
Old 02-24-2008, 18:26   #79
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeach View Post
Well today was a welcomed change! First time visiting Pistols Plus in Lake Ozark, MO (right off HWY 54)... FANTASTIC Customer Service! Very knowledgeable salesman, we talked guns for a bit, talked about some different ammo! He didn't have the magazines I was looking for in stock but offered to order them in and either ship them to me or call me when they came in. Super Nice guy and very very nice gun shop! One of the nicest shops I've ever been in. Huge selection of pistols too all on a big glass wall box. A lot of Glock stuff too - shirts, polos, range bags, etc. Anyway just thought I'd comment on a good shop to go with the bad one!

I knew there were good ones out there!
That's good to know... I get through that area from time to time on business. I may have to stop in and buy something!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 20:03   #80
bbeach
Kstateskier

It doesn't look like a very large gun shop from the road, but wow inside was really nice! And they have two rooms of Assault Weapons for display that was really neat to look at too!