Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-07-2012, 15:59   #1
GunsNBibles

Desantis sof-tuk holster tight fit for glock 27

I just got mine a week ago and when I tried to out my gun in it it didn't enter smoothly. Do they just need some breaking in? Or have I just gotten the wrong size? The packet lists glock 27 as one of the guns that fits in that model.

---------------------------------------
Hey yutz. Guns aren't toys - - they're for family protection, hunting dangerous and delicious animals, and keeping the king of England out your face. -Krusty The Clown
GunsNBibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 16:39   #2
lyodbraun

I think those holsters are just way to soft to try and reholster a gun I found that the trigger guard gets hung up on the leather and prevents it from going in smooth...
lyodbraun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 17:34   #3
GunsNBibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
I think those holsters are just way to soft to try and reholster a gun I found that the trigger guard gets hung up on the leather and prevents it from going in smooth...
Exactly my problem. The glock square trigger guard is huge nod thick as it is, I got it in and left it in storage until I use the gun hopefully it will form itself like a catcher's mit.

---------------------------------------
Hey yutz. Guns aren't toys - - they're for family protection, hunting dangerous and delicious animals, and keeping the king of England out your face. -Krusty The Clown
GunsNBibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 18:53   #4
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
Agree with Lyodbraun. That said if you want it to fit better you can wet mould it to your gun.
What you do is hold it under running water for like thirty seconds. Not knowing what age your Glock is put your Glock in a bread bag or baggie,insert gun in bag into holster until dry and don't get the urge to help it along in drying by and source of heat. When it's almost dry you can if you want an even more formed fit put some form of weight on it,I have seen some folks sit on their gun in holster for a time.
When dry you will have a form fit holster for you Glock,for however long that type of holster will last. SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 19:14   #5
vmann
Controller

any leather holster is going to require some break in...

U.S. ARMY
vmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 19:19   #6
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmann View Post
any leather holster is going to require some break in...
The above is most certainly true. Any leather product requires use and the more use the better it will fit. It will also get softer.

By the way, I have molded leather with alcohol and get the same results.

Just ask a motorcycle guy/gal with leathers, or think of the old bomber jackets. Fit like a "glove" (for the same reason).

I don't use leather holsters but it doesn't mean I don't like them. I just want to re-holster with one hand IWB.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote