SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:36   #21
Clusterfrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGlockster View Post
Cool idea, though I couldn't find a price or their NRR. Any insight into these two things?
Street price on a surplus QuietPro is around $260, but a bag of earbuds will add a bit to that. NRR is 30 dB plus 9 dB of active noise canceling.

The unit is very good at filtering background wind noise and amplifying voice. At a recent match I had to turn the audio off because I could hear two guys whispering crap about me and it was pissing me off.
Old 02-15-2013, 22:02   #22
Angel

I have two of these and they are great! I use foam inserts and these over them. I raise the volume all the way up and can hear comfortably everything in the range but have double protection when gunfire goes off.
Just went to the range with my 14 yr old daughter and we both used foam inserts and these over them. We were well protected but could carry on normal conversation.
Highly recommend them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven11 View Post
Amazon.com: Howard Leight R-01526 Impact Sport Electronic Earmuff: Home Improvement

works great and low profile so they don't mess up my cheek weld of my rifles and shotguns
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 22:06   #23
China boy

Just ordered the Howard Leights. -$50 on amazon. I'll let you all know what I think but I keep hearing (haha) good things about them. I'll let everyone know what I think.
China boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 22:38   #24
Snaps
Hail 2 The King

I love the surefires, I can't stand wearing muffs, especially when shooting a rifle.
Old 02-16-2013, 18:38   #25
m87

With no hearing damage so far that I can tell, I'd like to keep it that way. I've always used dual protection.

1. First, get a few pairs of rubber ear plugs; they last forever and can be washed off in a few seconds unlike foam plugs.
Something like this, although I'd just stop in the hardware section of any store:
http://www.arizonatools.com/hearing-...FWamPAodnB4AIg

2. Then top them off with electronic muffs turned most or all the way up. I'll second the Howard Leight Impact muffs for ~50...I don't shoot a ton, but they've held up over several years so far and are quite slim. The battery compartment is a bit of a pain.
m87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 15:48   #26
Python-Hunter
NRA Life Member

Has anyone had any experience with "Hyskore 30150" earmuffs?
These are electronic and work from 2 AA Batteries.
I had a chance this weekend to try a set. They seemed to work great!
They sell for about $30 from MidwayUSA and Northern Tool.

Last edited by Python-Hunter; 03-11-2013 at 15:49..
Python-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 18:31   #27
Lnguyen9

Just regular $1.00 ear plug.
Lnguyen9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 18:51   #28
BenjiEDF

I worked on F16's for 6 years so foamies were part of my uniform haha. WHAT DID YOU SAY!?! I guess it would be nice not to have to yell at everyone at the range. I see guys with the electronic ones all the time, but I've never tried them.

So to the OP: you don't have to take off your EP's (don't do that, you really can get permanent hearing damage) just yell if you want to save money.

"Life is good" ~Hickok45
BenjiEDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 21:24   #29
Nine Shooter
Average Guy

I use MSA Sordins because they make you look like this guy:

General Firearms Forum

Just kidding, I use them because they are rugged and waterproof. They cancel gunfire but you can hear voices just fine. They run about $250.
Nine Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 18:31   #30
China boy

I ended up getting the Howard Leights and like them. I can now listen to music while I shoot at the range with my iphone. The left ear sometimes has a buzzing noise which is alleviated by wiggling the one wire. I use ear plugs with them and crank up the volume and it works perfectly while easily hearing my music. Lately I go to the range alone so I can't say how they do while talking at the range. But so far I'm satisfied by my purchase.
China boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:10   #31
vafish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob View Post
Ear muffs are crap, and foam plugs are a pain to use. The SureFire earpro are awesome!

http://www.surefire.com/ep5-sonic-defenders-max.html

General Firearms Forum
They have some with foam tips that are even better.

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.
educate children." -- Confucius
vafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:18   #32
FireForged
Millenium #3936

As a person who suffers with tinnitus, I use pro ear 33 and canal plugs together.

I dont understand why people are perfectly willing to raise their voices to be heard over lunch in a noisey cafe but at the range, people seem to feel that 2 guys must be able to talk softly to one another without being hindered by their hearing protection.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:14   #33
kirbinster

I've got a pair of the Howard Leights and use them on top of cheap foam plugs - works great. The only time I wish for more is when someone is firing a 308 cannon at the indoor range, but I think that is more vibration than noise that rattles me.
kirbinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 22:11   #34
thebibby

Another Peltor user; fairly inexpensive, light, fold into a small package, and pretty durable. Had them a few years and no issues.
thebibby is offline   Reply With Quote