SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:39   #1
Glock30fan
Cmbt Tupperware

Interesting new Glock variation

It seems Glock is now importing Austrian proofed and date coded guns to fill the supply vacuum created by Obama's election. The guns have "Glock Inc. Smyrna, GA" stamped on the underside of the trigger guard as required by Federal law since the right grip panel on these guns intended for other markets does not have that wording.

Check out some photos and info here:
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...5/m/1971086351
Glock30fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 19:37   #2
Solitaire

I saw one of these today at a local shop (G19 for $529 + tax). Are they of interest to collecters? The clerk talked like they'd be snatched up quickly because of the Austrian proof marks.
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:18   #3
quichedem

Pretty sweet. I'd surely snatch one up if I had the spare cash! The only GLOCKs with proofs come from Austria, so I'd imagine they'd be of a littel value down the road (unfired).
Old 02-26-2009, 20:57   #4
Quail Fat

I've been wanting one of these for a very long time.

I got one, and even though it's the same as an American Market Glock, the European models seem more "authentic".
Quail Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 21:08   #5
Graves
Diesel Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail Fat View Post

I got one, and even though it's the same as an American Market Glock, the European models seem more "authentic".

Yeah like slapping a Type R badge on a civic, or Euro license plates on a VW Golf. Totally EDM yo
Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 21:25   #6
JBP55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail Fat View Post

I have a few.
JBP55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 21:17   #7
maherdabum
Maherdabum

Glock 19

I bought my Glock 19 from a local shop and it took nearly 4 weeks to come in. I bought the 23 on the same day and the gun arrived two days later.

I never knew the 19 was that popular.

Maherdabum

The Ultimate Glock Collector
17,19,20,21,22,23,26,27,29,30,31,32C,33!
maherdabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 14:20   #8
nsabjg

I just bought a G19 with the proof marks at a local shop(Pensacola FL) for $509.
Si Vis Pacem (Parabellum)If you want peace prepare for war.("under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security")
nsabjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:04   #9
MurrayNevada

Quote:
Originally Posted by quichedem View Post
Pretty sweet. I'd surely snatch one up if I had the spare cash! The only GLOCKs with proofs come from Austria, so I'd imagine they'd be of a littel value down the road (unfired).
In relation to the term "unfired." Aren't they all fired before shipment? How could the gun be considered unfired?

Thyank you
MurrayNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 22:01   #10
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

Murray,
Without willfully putting words in his mouth, I think he means that if the pistol is unfired once it clears the factory, it will look to be in very good shape, hence worth more money. It's one of those things where it makes sense in context, and when you break it down (take it out of context), it's not 100% perfectly true.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.
MakeMineA10mm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:16   #11
MurrayNevada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMineA10mm View Post
Murray,
Without willfully putting words in his mouth, I think he means that if the pistol is unfired once it clears the factory, it will look to be in very good shape, hence worth more money. It's one of those things where it makes sense in context, and when you break it down (take it out of context), it's not 100% perfectly true.
I understand and thank you for your explanantion. I was interested because I recently bought an "Austrian Proofed" G19 to put away for 15+ years to hopefully give to a grandson some day. I took it from the gunstore to the safe where it will remain. My only concern has been wondering if the fouling from proofing and test firung will have an adverse effect on the condition of the pistol in future years.

Ordinarily I would never store a weapon after shooting without a proper cleaning but I also know that future value could be lessened when trying to "clean up" things that may someday become collectables. Still not sure what to do.

PS: You signature line made nme smile as I was a guest many years ago at a small base far away named after "Old Gimlet Eye."
MurrayNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 17:57   #12
sgt rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayNevada View Post
I understand and thank you for your explanantion. I was interested because I recently bought an "Austrian Proofed" G19 to put away for 15+ years to hopefully give to a grandson some day. I took it from the gunstore to the safe where it will remain. My only concern has been wondering if the fouling from proofing and test firung will have an adverse effect on the condition of the pistol in future years.

Ordinarily I would never store a weapon after shooting without a proper cleaning but I also know that future value could be lessened when trying to "clean up" things that may someday become collectables. Still not sure what to do.

PS: You signature line made nme smile as I was a guest many years ago at a small base far away named after "Old Gimlet Eye."

What ever firearm you own wether unfired or not , always take it out of the safe once in awhile and oil it and check for rust. So dont worry about cleaning it .Just look on the auction sites and you'll see beautiful S@W revolvers that were neglected and have rust spots thus killing the value. If you want to keep its value just dont paint it pink or stripple the grips with a soldering iron.
sgt rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 20:48   #13
GunOneDown

so I wonder what models are being shipped with the proofs? I would love to have another M20 while the stamp.

about the 19's being popular is they are used for Conceal Carry alot and action shooting as I seen lately. 23's are in the same popularity category.
NRA, GSSF, SMGA, MS Glockers #131,
RimFire #3829, Bull Dawg Club #131
MSGunowners.com
GunOneDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 19:31   #14
GunsRUs
Just an Old Guy

I got a new in the box Austrian Proof marked G-19 today my local gun dealer. I wont post the price as I got it at cost but suffice it to say it was excellent and it is the blue label version with 3 mags. It is going in the safe as I already have a Gen 3 Glock 19. I just could not pass this up with the Austrian proof mark.

Last edited by GunsRUs; 04-18-2009 at 19:32.. Reason: spelling
GunsRUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:31   #15
Sherlock Glock
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by maherdabum View Post
I bought my Glock 19 from a local shop and it took nearly 4 weeks to come in. I bought the 23 on the same day and the gun arrived two days later.

I never knew the 19 was that popular.

Maherdabum

The Ultimate Glock Collector
17,19,20,21,22,23,26,27,29,30,31,32C,33!

When you decide to fill out your collection with:
G17L, G24C, G34, G35, G37, G38, G39.
Let me know. I have owned every glock model made except the 380's
and the G18 ( but have shot them)
Old 06-17-2009, 11:22   #16
Glock9Master

Hey MurrayNevada all Glocks come with a copper lube from the factory so that they can be stored for a prolonged period of time without drying out. 15 years will test the SPEC380 however I don't know how long the grease will last on the firing pin. You might want to call Glock and see what methods they recomend
Glock9Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 14:20   #17
Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves View Post
Yeah like slapping a Type R badge on a civic, or Euro license plates on a VW Golf. Totally EDM yo
Hey man, don't front! The average "Type R" badge is good for 45-50 WHP over stock. It's based on the same physics model that tells us that applying carbon fiber over your existing dash panels somehow makes your car lighter.

I hear those Austrian Proof Marks can add 450 FPS* to a 115 grain 9mm.

*once VTEC kicks in
Arcana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:51   #18
tampashooters
Shellback

Glock did not send these to fulfill anything. These were part of a large order cancellation, and they just sent these to the U.S.

They are worth the same as any other Glock.

tampashooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 17:54   #19
m4arc

You mean like this one?

Glock Collector's Club
Glock Collector's Club
Glock Collector's Club

Glock Collector's Club

I don't think they're worth anything more than a regular Glock and I didn't pay any more than the regular price but I have a 21 year old G19 with the same markings so I thought it would be cool to have a new one as well.