SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:17   #1
NRA_guy
Unreconstructed

Mississippi House Bill 311 on CCW still alive

This bill will reduce the time for the state to issue CCW permits to 45 days, but it also contains a requirement that renewals can be made by mail (except every 10 years you would have to go in for a new photograph.):

Quote:
The Department of Public Safety shall, within forty-five (45) days after the date of receipt of the items listed in subsection (5) of this section: (i) Issue the license; (ii) Deny the application...
Quote:
The first renewal may be processed by mail and the subsequent renewal must be made in person. Thereafter every other renewal may be processed by mail to assure that the applicant must appear in person every ten (10) years for the purpose of obtaining a new photograph.

Conservatives have faith in individuals; liberals put their faith in the government.
NRA_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:09   #2
para40
curmudgeon

NRA_guy, what about the fingerprint thing with the FBI.

The way the MHP explained it to me was that the FBI only allowed a limited time frame for fingerprints, this was why you have to be printed each renewal.
Old 02-25-2009, 15:28   #3
NRA_guy
Unreconstructed

Quote:
Originally Posted by para40 View Post
NRA_guy, what about the fingerprint thing with the FBI.

The way the MHP explained it to me was that the FBI only allowed a limited time frame for fingerprints, this was why you have to be printed each renewal.
You may be right. I find that folks often tell me things they think are true or should be true, but might not be.

To my knowledge, the FBI has nothing to do with fingerprinting or the acceptability of fingerprints.

Of course the State does the fingerprinting.

The state law says:

Quote:
A full set of fingerprints of the applicant administered by the Department of Public Safety;

The Department of Public Safety . . . shall forward the full set of fingerprints of the applicant to the appropriate agencies for state and federal processing [whatever that means--NRA_guy].

In the event a legible set of fingerprints, as determined by the Department of Public Safety and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, cannot be obtained after a minimum of two (2) attempts, the Department of Public Safety shall determine eligibility based upon a name check by the Mississippi Highway Safety Patrol and a Federal Bureau of Investigation name check conducted by the Mississippi Highway Safety Patrol at the request of the Department of Public Safety.
I expect all this will be moot before Obama gets through.

Conservatives have faith in individuals; liberals put their faith in the government.
NRA_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 16:16   #4
para40
curmudgeon

I was told it was because of whatever alphabet [ncis?] thing that allows for no call in on firearm purchases.
Old 02-25-2009, 17:02   #5
para40
curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by para40 View Post
I was told it was because of whatever alphabet [ncis?] thing that allows for no call in on firearm purchases.
NCIC, I knew that.