Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:15   #1
MyNewGlock23

Shore Shot Pistol Range...

I spent Valentine's day with my fiance and some family at the Shore Shot Pistol Range in Lakewood, NJ and I must say it was a great experience. The staff was great, range master was very helpful to the 4 "new" shooters that I brought with me. Everyone had a blast (literally) and I'm sure that at least 4 out of 6 of my group will be back!!

So far, Shore Shot is the only range in Jersey that I've found where you can rent pistols and that has a full shop with guns and accessories! They've just earned my business!! The 60 minute drive was totally worth it, and I'll be making it again very soon!!

If you haven't been there and you're in Jersey, check it out!!

www.shoreshotpistolrange.com

I am in no way affiliated with Shore Shot and wanted to share my experiences.

"I'm a firm believer the distinct "click-clack" noise coming from the unknown dark being better than any laxatives ever made." repoman1984 :rofl:
MyNewGlock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:29   #2
Sticky Grips

do you own any firearms? I buy my pistols from shore shot, but im a member at central jersey in Jackson. Its great, mainly because you buy your own ammo, no one bothers you, and the pistol range is 24hr.
Sticky Grips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:33   #3
MyNewGlock23

I don't own any firearms yet, my FID application is pending. I should have my FID and purchase permits within the next week or two according to the Detective handling my application.

Where is Jackson? I live in New Brunswick and depending on the drive and amount of membership I would consider Central Jersey.

"I'm a firm believer the distinct "click-clack" noise coming from the unknown dark being better than any laxatives ever made." repoman1984 :rofl:
Old 02-16-2009, 13:44   #4
Sticky Grips

Its near great adventure. I think i spoke to you months back about giving you a tour of the club the offer still stands.
Sticky Grips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 14:11   #5
MyNewGlock23

Now that you mention it, you're right! I went to the website earlier...and it looked really familiar. I'm at exit 9 on the Tpke, so it's not too far. If all goes well with my FID card & purchase permits, I'll definitely take you up on your offer. I was looking at the membership fees, and it looks a bit expensive for me right now, but I'd still like to check it out.

Thanks for the offer!

Keith

Old 02-19-2009, 18:31   #6
rppnj

Shore Shot is Great!

I respect that Shore Shot Pistol Range continues to do business in the rabid anti-gun Peoples Republic of New Jersey. Bill Sherman, the owner, and his son Kyle run an outstanding range and although I can't get there as much as I would like, I support them as much as possible by purchasing all of my guns there. If you have an opportunity to visit Shore Shot,you'll have a great time. I even brought my wife and daughter in for Shore Shot's handgun safety training course and they really enjoyed themselves.

'Integrity is who you are and what you do when no one is watching.'
-rppnj
rppnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 18:35   #7
MyNewGlock23

Definitely a great place. I just got back a few hours ago. Friendly staff, decent handgun selection clean range. Can't really ask for much more than that.

Old 04-09-2009, 13:13   #8
maksim

Shore Shot is a good store. Great prices... but as far as range goes... I prefer 2 miles down the road... or close for most folks. Brick Armory. Brand spanking new range... not alot of people, and no holes in the ceiling. hehe.

Bunch of people on njgunforums.com were discussing both places.
maksim is offline   Reply With Quote