Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-20-2009, 19:54   #1
Txnowtn

Recommend gun shops in Knoxville area?

Looking for gun shop with good selection and that will give a fair trade value when trading for a new handgun.

Any opinions appreciated.

Old 02-21-2009, 14:35   #2
JRWnTN

WD Sporting Goods on Alcoa Highway. These days, selection may be down due to panic buying. Good luck.
JRWnTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:32   #3
why

Have lived here for 40 years. If you find one, please let me know. There aint any sech animal.
Your best bet to divest yourself of a gun is Craigslist (being discrete when listing) ot TN Gun Owners forum.
why is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 17:24   #4
Txnowtn

I've been dealing with Wayne at Sevier Indoor Range for several years now and he has always been fair.

I was just wondering about the Knoxville gun stores. I guess I'd better stick with what works!
Old 03-09-2009, 13:30   #5
MakinItWorse
Gangsta!

Send a message via MSN to MakinItWorse
I use Coal Creek Armory off Lovell Rd for almost all of my purchases. They're knowledgeable and have fair pricing. I do not know about trades... I'd suspect they wanna make money off you, they are a business, but I doubt they'd screw you.
Old 03-10-2009, 19:10   #6
Landogie

Send a message via AIM to Landogie
My best experiences have been Frontier Firearms in Kingston
Landogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:29   #7
Txnowtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landogie View Post
My best experiences have been Frontier Firearms in Kingston
I hear them advertise on the radio a lot but have never been there.

Since my original post, I listed my pistol for sale on GT, sold it quickly for a good price, then ordered a new one online from Budsgunshop.com.

I paid $25.00 for the transfer. It was worth it by not having to haggle over a trade in and then pay sales tax on buying a new one.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:20   #8
why

Frontier treated me like they were selling used cars at a gunshow a few years back and I'll never do business with them. I all but asked the owner exactly how stupid do you think i am.

Coal Creek has too many days when they are just plain incompetent (and this was before nov election). They have also lied to my face.

Austins in Oak Ridge is very friendly, but stock approaches zero as they are just too small a shop.

Bass Pro and Gander Mtn have laughably high prices.

You will never get a fair price on a tradein. Buying, yes thats possible. But never selling to a dealer. Seriously, TGO is the way to sell. http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/vb...y&categoryid=2

I agree with the poster who said buy it online somewhere and pay the shipping/transfer fee. Steve Day of Day's Militaria in Clinton used to do transfers for $15 but he may just be working from his home now.
why is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 18:01   #9
KingsideRook

Stock at WD is always improving after the election - I work there on Saturdays, and there's still lots of steady buying, but we're keeping the shelves full for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWnTN View Post
WD Sporting Goods on Alcoa Highway. These days, selection may be down due to panic buying. Good luck.
KingsideRook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:02   #10
SMSTRICK
"WE THE PEOPLE"

Drive just outside of Knoxville going west on I 40 and get off at the Gallahar Road exit. Go to Frontier Firearms. By far the best selection of quality firearms. Coal Creel Armory is a great shooting range and also sells qulity, but they do not have the selection the Frontier does.
SMSTRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 19:21   #11
ntranced
10tranced

++1 for Wayne at Sevier Indoor Range
+1 for WD

Before You buy online AND pay transfer fees again, try out the Gun Genie at Gallery of guns.
http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx
You search, choose, make down payment, pay remainder and pick up gun at Sevier Indoor Range (or available dealer of choice). There is no transfer fees, because you're ordering from their supplier!
Old 04-16-2009, 05:48   #12
Txnowtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntranced View Post
++1 for Wayne at Sevier Indoor Range
+1 for WD

Before You buy online AND pay transfer fees again, try out the Gun Genie at Gallery of guns.
http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx
You search, choose, make down payment, pay remainder and pick up gun at Sevier Indoor Range (or available dealer of choice). There is no transfer fees, because you're ordering from their supplier!

By doing that don't you have to pay sales tax, (which is more than $25.00 transfer fee)?

Any time I've ever looked at Gallery of Guns, they want full MSRP.
Old 04-17-2009, 19:12   #13
ntranced
10tranced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txnowtn View Post
By doing that don't you have to pay sales tax, (which is more than $25.00 transfer fee)?

Any time I've ever looked at Gallery of Guns, they want full MSRP.
You're correct on the tax issue. When I purchased my G20sf in February, the tax was twice the transfer fee. I didn't stop to consider the tax question. But, in hind sight I did still keep more money in the local economy, and I supported a good range with great people.

When using the genie, one must click the INSTANT QUOTE button to get pricing from nearby dealers with tax and fees figured in. A deposit and its on the the way. My 20 was coming in the door before they even got their order off. Sevier Range offered a selling price of $546 when the MSRP was $637. it may not have been the cheapest but it was close. I believe wholesale was near $481.
Old 03-11-2012, 16:39   #14
daustin777
Dan

I know I am resurrecting an old thread but I was wondering if there has been any change or any new gun shops open up in the Knoxville area. I'm here for 4 days and would love to visit some good shops. Interested in Glock, Sig, and Springfield. Also a good indoor range. Thanks.
daustin777 is offline   Reply With Quote