SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-04-2009, 21:34   #1
dasadab

Anti-Barking Device

Hi,
I have two dogs--a female shepard (Beauty) and a male terrier mix (the Beast). The neighbor on the other side of a cinder block fence just got two shepards that constantly bark. My dogs join in occasionally, but usually just tolerate it. Anyone have any experience with a device similar to the one here: http://pestcontrol.netfirms.com/dog_bark_stopper.htm

I am really sick of the constant barking. I thought I could get the device and basically put in on a tree along side the fence.

Do these things work? Thanks. Dean
dasadab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 19:47   #2
Platz

I would have serious doubts about that being effective, especially long term.

But I gave the site a quick scan and they note that they have a 100% money back trial period, yada yada. So I suppose I'd probably read the fine print carefully, and if that's really the case, and they have a decent enough rep (google them perhaps, see if you can dig up any reviews), I'd probably give it a shot.

Barking dogs drive me nuts, even my own. I just bought a traditional bark collar for mine and every once in a blue moon I have to throw it on one of two that like to greet the morning (sometimes at 4:30am) with a series of K-9 style barks as they gallop out the backdoor. Once they do this a couple mornings in a row, someone wears the bark collar for a day or two to remind them that that's rude to the neighbors. They've never made it past level "one" of the traditional shock collar. They don't even get popped anymore, ever. They know once it's on the fun is over. Reviews of the anti-bark collars with the SOUND like what you're asking out are generally not good (IE: they are often ineffective). FWIW