Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-19-2009, 23:41   #1
majorbludd

Best Glock Shop in ATL

Where is the best shop to buy a Glock in the ATL area? Having a difficult time finding anything in Newnan area.
majorbludd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:11   #2
dudel

I did pretty good on a G26 at the Bargain Barn in Jasper.

Don
dudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:54   #3
FillYerHands
you son of a

The number one Glock retailer in the world is Smyrna Police Distributors. If you have a badge, EMT ID, or a GSSF certificate, it is worth the trip. They are on Windy Hill Road in Smyrna, you can Google directions. They are completely no nonsense, but they will take the time to explain everything and answer all your questions. They are pros who are used to dealing with pros.

The number one consumer retailer of Glocks in the world is right around the corner on South Cobb Drive, Adventure Outdoors. While their shop is a lot busier, if you can't qualify to buy from SPD, it is the way to go. I guarantee their selection can't be beat. Heck, they have more used police trade-ins to choose from than most shops have new guns. While you're there, you can check out any gun made by man, from a .22 Derringer to a .50BMG Barrett. Bring cash, the posted prices assume a 3% cash discount.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Clip? Magazine? Who cares? Take

|
|
Life Member |
FillYerHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:10   #4
dictaearl

Send a message via Yahoo to dictaearl
Does a military ID qualify you to purchase from there?
dictaearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:50   #5
BabyG

Hi

Yes, your military ID will get you into SPD. Glock LE prices are extended to our military also.

Baby G
BabyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:54   #6
Sir Glockster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillYerHands View Post
The number one Glock retailer in the world is Smyrna Police Distributors. If you have a badge, EMT ID, or a GSSF certificate, it is worth the trip. They are on Windy Hill Road in Smyrna, you can Google directions. They are completely no nonsense, but they will take the time to explain everything and answer all your questions. They are pros who are used to dealing with pros.

The number one consumer retailer of Glocks in the world is right around the corner on South Cobb Drive, Adventure Outdoors. While their shop is a lot busier, if you can't qualify to buy from SPD, it is the way to go. I guarantee their selection can't be beat. Heck, they have more used police trade-ins to choose from than most shops have new guns. While you're there, you can check out any gun made by man, from a .22 Derringer to a .50BMG Barrett. Bring cash, the posted prices assume a 3% cash discount.
+1 Bought my G27 at Adventure Outdoors because I don't qualify at SPD. Everything other than ammo and guns I've bought at SPD. Nice people to deal with and very informative.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillippians 4:13

G27
Sir Glockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:02   #7
scoose
Nugent for prez

Send a message via MSN to scoose Send a message via Yahoo to scoose
Clyde Armory Athens Georgia! Best cunstomer service by ANY gun dealer I have dealt with, very competitive pricing and a good selection. New glocks at $499 and plenty of LE trade ins at different prices. Also, these guys seem to be able to get stuff in that no one else can. Top notch LE provider too!

The folks at Adventure Outdoors are overpriced ( last time I was there they had added about $40-$50 to the glocks )and the staff isn't knowledgeable. By God don't ask them any questions about the milsurp stuff behind the counter. ALL you will get is gibberish.
scoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 22:49   #8
yrone
re - member

Isnt The AR bunker in Newnan? Two friends of mine bought ARs from them at the gun show for GREAT prices and the staff were courteous and knowledgeable. They should have an ok selection of Glocks.
yrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:40   #9
B767capt

I give a thumbs up on SPD. I have bought all of mine there. Even a new Ruger LCP for 269.00.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:24   #10
82ndVet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudel View Post
I did pretty good on a G26 at the Bargain Barn in Jasper.

Don
+1 This is THE PLACE to go for all your outdoor needs. Bass Pro cannot touch this place. When I purchased my G17 there on New Years eve, I received a free $50 gift card for purchasing one of the select Glock models they were running a special on.

I now have a gssf certificate and was wanting to purchase from SPD, but do I need to qualify or something to use it there? Never heard about this before, and they are the closest place that accepts those certificates that I know of.

Thanks.
82ndVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:31   #11
sappy13

I purchased my pf9 from Adventure outdoors and a buddy just bought a Kimber from them. The times i have been there i found their prices not too bad on most guns. I know i got my pf9 for like 50 bucks cheaper than any of my local dealers could. It is a great place to go if you are not certain what gun you want, because they have tons.
sappy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 14:06   #12
cpl0313

Just picked up a used gen 3 model 22 for 419.00 from Adventure Outdoors. Couldn't tell that it had been fired much. No barrel wear to be seen. The had a few left. In at least the same condition.
cpl0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 14:52   #13
scoose
Nugent for prez

Send a message via MSN to scoose Send a message via Yahoo to scoose
Good price!!!! Was it a refurb or LEO trade in??
scoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 15:02   #14
Gamecock94

I got my G27 at Pannell's in Woodstock. Normally the guys behind the counter are not the most personable people I've met, but there is one older guy that works there part time that is super friendly and knowledgable...he's the one I dealt with and it was a pleasure.

Big Woods Goods in Holly Springs is excellent. Very nice folks and if you are a GCO member you get 10% off on accessories (not the sidearm though)
Gamecock94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 17:55   #15
82ndVet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock94 View Post
I got my G27 at Pannell's in Woodstock. Normally the guys behind the counter are not the most personable people I've met, but there is one older guy that works there part time that is super friendly and knowledgable...he's the one I dealt with and it was a pleasure.

Big Woods Goods in Holly Springs is excellent. Very nice folks and if you are a GCO member you get 10% off on accessories (not the sidearm though)
Yeah, Big woods Goods is ok too. Nice folks there. No need to order Glock mags when you got that place right up the road...lol.
Old 02-25-2009, 22:11   #16
cmcinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock94 View Post

+1 on BWG
Got my G19 from them a few months ago. Great people there.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:48   #17
FillYerHands
you son of a

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82ndVet View Post

I now have a gssf certificate and was wanting to purchase from SPD, but do I need to qualify or something to use it there? Never heard about this before, and they are the closest place that accepts those certificates that I know of.

Thanks.
You can use your certificate at SPD without other qualifications. I really like them because they have a better holster selection.

|
|
Life Member |
Old 02-27-2009, 07:55   #18
82ndVet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillYerHands View Post
You can use your certificate at SPD without other qualifications. I really like them because they have a better holster selection.
OK, thanks. I'll stop in once I'm down that way again.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:12   #19
FillYerHands
you son of a

Since you are making the trip, while you are there, go across the little side street and eat at Old South Barbecue. You'll like it, I guarantee.

Of course, as I once heard it, barbecue is like sex - the worst you ever had was pretty damn good.

|
|
Life Member |
Old 02-27-2009, 09:49   #20
Sir Glockster

Anybody know where I can get a sturdy plain black leather holster belt around Marietta? SPD has been backordered going on 2 months for anything smooth and black and not a duty belt. Adventure Outdoors doesn't have any holster belts. Nothing at Dick's or REI either. Prefer not to order online.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillippians 4:13

G27
Sir Glockster is offline   Reply With Quote