SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:51   #1
Swattie
Cry Havoc

Berets

Who do I talk to to see about making the beret with the class A and B uniform only and going back to the patrol caps for the ACU's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Criminals often suffer from a mineral deficiency disorder. Two shots of lead to the thoracic cavity normally takes care of their problem immediately.
Swattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:02   #2
DiabloesLoco

Send a thank you note to GW Bush for making the entire Army "elite" by taking the Black beret from the Rangers and handing it to every assclown in uniform. After that, get that hot miserable peice of headgear on your skull and get to formation....

They simply suck- like most everything else French.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:56   #3
Swattie
Cry Havoc

I think the beret would be OK for the Class A. It has no place on the ACU.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Criminals often suffer from a mineral deficiency disorder. Two shots of lead to the thoracic cavity normally takes care of their problem immediately.
Swattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:14   #4
deadday

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloesLoco View Post
Send a thank you note to GW Bush for making the entire Army "elite" by taking the Black beret from the Rangers and handing it to every assclown in uniform. After that, get that hot miserable peice of headgear on your skull and get to formation....

They simply suck- like most everything else French.
The Rangers took it from the Cav....
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 18:20   #5
AF-Odin

It wasn't GW who gave you the beret, it was GEN Rick Shinseki, then Army Chief of Staff and now Obama's VA Secretary. I agree with the comment about taking the beret from the Cav for the Rangers. Cav guys wore them somewhat "unofficially" in the 70's like MANY of the armored forces in the rest of the world.
Old 03-29-2009, 21:34   #6
CPT_CRUNCH
P.O.W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF-Odin View Post
It wasn't GW who gave you the beret, it was GEN Rick Shinseki, then Army Chief of Staff and now Obama's VA Secretary. I agree with the comment about taking the beret from the Cav for the Rangers. Cav guys wore them somewhat "unofficially" in the 70's like MANY of the armored forces in the rest of the world.
yes, GEN Shinseki made that change in Nov 2001. several years before GW took office.
:patriot:
CPT_CRUNCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:24   #7
Odin's Underlin
Odins Underling

People need to quit complaining about the type of headgear that is issued or who wore it and when they did. If you can't soldier because of a something as useless as a beret in the American Army, go join an army that enjoys wearing one. That beret will not make you a better soldier.
Odin's Underlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:26   #8
Odin's Underlin
Odins Underling

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT_CRUNCH View Post
yes, GEN Shinseki made that change in Nov 2001. several years before GW took office.
Several years before GW took office? I'm sure you meant to say something else. At least I hope you did.
Odin's Underlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:41   #9
deadday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin's Underlin View Post
People need to quit complaining about the type of headgear that is issued or who wore it and when they did. If you can't soldier because of a something as useless as a beret in the American Army, go join an army that enjoys wearing one. That beret will not make you a better soldier.
Sure won't, but at least a PC will keep the damned sun outta my eyes...
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:50   #10
The Maggy

The ACU PC is horrible imo. They made it thicker then the old BDU PC and its alot hotter. The one thing I couldn't stand more then seeing a pog in a messed up beret is every pog pvt. sporting the ranger roll in their PC.

The Maggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:53   #11
deadday

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maggy View Post
The ACU PC is horrible imo. They made it thicker then the old BDU PC and its alot hotter. The one thing I couldn't stand more then seeing a pog in a messed up beret is every pog pvt. sporting the ranger roll in their PC.
But but, all the cool kids do it!! The ACU PC can be made more tolerable by ripping the map pocket out....who the **** puts a map on top of their soaked with sweat hair anyways?
Old 03-31-2009, 12:30   #12
The Maggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadday View Post
But but, all the cool kids do it!! The ACU PC can be made more tolerable by ripping the map pocket out....who the **** puts a map on top of their soaked with sweat hair anyways?
lol yeah I figured out how to remove the map pocket after my second day in Kuwait. Honestly I think the Booney is way under rated though. Every now and then some retard will starch his but most people manage to wear it properly

Old 03-31-2009, 12:31   #13
deadday

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maggy View Post
lol yeah I figured out how to remove the map pocket after my second day in Kuwait. Honestly I think the Booney is way under rated though. Every now and then some retard will starch his but most people manage to wear it properly
Yup, boonies FTW
Old 03-31-2009, 19:50   #14
pt945
GLOCK 17

Every now and then some retard will starch his

i have got to see that.. a boonie that looks like a drill sgt.'s brown round.
pt945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 21:31   #15
The Maggy

one guy in my company showed up for the deployment with his brim starched on a basket ball so it kept a perfect round bucket hat/ straw sun hat look for 15 months.

Never could under stand why worn as if pulled from your pocket and put on your head is so hard.

Old 04-07-2009, 18:28   #16
SEAX
Wilson

Beret's make me think of France
France makes me think of cowardice and failure
Cowardice & failure make me think of France

See my dilemma?
Old 04-08-2009, 00:08   #17
deadday

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAX View Post
Beret's make me think of France
France makes me think of cowardice and failure
Cowardice & failure make me think of France

See my dilemma?
Join the Foreign Legion? No berets there...
Old 04-09-2009, 22:57   #18
ranger88
CLM Number 130
Charter Lifetime Member

It was once said by a special forces guy that a beret is the most useless piece of equipment in the Army inventory. It won't keep the sun out of your eyes, keep your head warm when it's cold or cool when it's hot out. It won't keep your head dry when it's raining or keep your ears from getting frost bite when it's below zero degrees celsius. About the only thing it's good for is to puke in on the way to the DZ.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:02   #19
NDC187

the acu's are ugly period. They look like some damn pajama patern. The beret...i kinda like it for garrison.

I think it was copied from the green beret's. we copied it from the brits

Last edited by NDC187; 04-26-2009 at 06:05..
NDC187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:43   #20
APD
Trunk Monkey

I wore berets for about 4 years before ETS and I hated them.As I was leaving they handed the black berets to every swinging Richard and it was disgusting.

Where I used to see hardcore paratroopers and Rangers sporting their berets property (since they had great NCO's who kept them in the proper uniform),I now saw disgusting fatbodies wearing it like a chef hat,grabbing their crotches as they pimp-walked down the street.

I loved to wear my boonie and PC way more than the beret and I will agree that the beret serves no practical purpose, it saddened me to see it handed out to all where before it had to be earned.

Oh well,it is the soldier that makes the uniform and not the other way around.

Former 11B3P,airborne!

"Hope is not a strategy"
-John C. Maxwell
APD is offline   Reply With Quote