Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-13-2009, 20:06   #1
KYgundoc

Bluegrass Glockers help me find a camper

My 10 year old son has asked about camping and fishing and I have to see what I can do to find a low cost camper. I was going to build one of the teardrop campers but they only sleep 2 people and we have 3. I would like to find a small travel trailer that will hold 3 and that we could eat in out of the weather. I am handy and can fix up an old trailer. as I have let everyone know in my holster posts I am laid off permanently from my job so I can't afford anything new. My price range would be around $500. and I have a few things I could add for a camper worth more. 10 shot auto shotgun, Custom Kydex holsters, string trimmer mower( like a DR Mower). Oh yes it has to be able to be pulled by a Jeep Cherokee. If you have a camper or know of one let me know.
DF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
KYgundoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:41   #2
garand4u

I sold one for $450 not too long ago so be patient you should find one in your price range. Mine slept 4.

Good Luck.
garand4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 15:14   #3
KYgundoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by garand4u View Post
I sold one for $450 not too long ago so be patient you should find one in your price range. Mine slept 4.

Good Luck.
Thanks I will be looking. My 10 year old is a high functioning autistic who is doing so well that he is now mainstreamed at his school. When he wants to try something different and not in his normal routine I try to see that he tries it because that is the only way he will learn to function out in the world. I have even been thinking about selling my AR to get a camper but that will be as a last resort.
DF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:53   #4
oldschoolcj5

camper

I was just looking on Craigslist for Lexington and ran across several, but this one stood out as being in your range http://lexington.craigslist.org/rvs/1117211759.html

Good luck and I hope you have a GREAT time camping with your son. Remember, God entrusts exceptional children to exceptional parents. Challenges, yes, but many blessings too.

Have a great day
Mike
oldschoolcj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 16:14   #5
KYgundoc

The hunt continues for a camper. I drove all the way to caneyville to look at a camper and it was almost too big for a half ton truck to pull so I had to pass on it. Looked at a camper today that was the biggest 12 foot camper I have ever seen, the floor was 24 inches above the ground and it had a bonus. A moma cat was nursing kittens in the camper. he promised I did not have to take the kittens but the cat pee smell was all mine. I have added a
4x4 truck into the trade / buy camper mix so I may get better offers soon.