Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-16-2009, 16:11   #1
GroovedG19
Laguna Blue AP2

Current issued service dress uniforms

Greetings Soldiers and Officers.

I just have a question about the "dress greens" or "dress blues".I ship out to Fort Benning next week for OSUT.For graduation, will we be issued the classic greens or the new blues?

Thanks.
In the United States, suppressors are viewed as sinister and as assassination tools.But in France, for example, suppressors are sold openly in stores without restriction or registration.In fact in France and Switzerland, you can be fined by law enforcement for discharging a firearm without a sound suppressor in certain locations. - Police Magazine August 2008
GroovedG19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 16:15   #2
BOSS302
Pain is tempora

New Blues. I ship out August 18 for Ft. Leonardwood OSUT 21Bravo
BOSS302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 16:24   #3
GroovedG19
Laguna Blue AP2

Good to know.Thanks.

Whats 21Bravo by the way?
In the United States, suppressors are viewed as sinister and as assassination tools.But in France, for example, suppressors are sold openly in stores without restriction or registration.In fact in France and Switzerland, you can be fined by law enforcement for discharging a firearm without a sound suppressor in certain locations. - Police Magazine August 2008
Old 04-16-2009, 16:28   #4
GroovedG19
Laguna Blue AP2

Maybe you meant 31Bravo.Military Police.
Old 04-16-2009, 18:05   #5
BOSS302
Pain is tempora

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovedG19 View Post
Good to know.Thanks.

Whats 21Bravo by the way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovedG19 View Post
Maybe you meant 31Bravo.Military Police.
21Bravo Combat Engineer
BOSS302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 20:22   #6
GroovedG19
Laguna Blue AP2

My mistake.Good luck though.
Old 04-22-2009, 23:43   #7
Cobra6

They don't exist yet -----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
New Blues.
The "new blues" don't exist yet - I just filled out another survey on them last month

It would not surprise me if you see people graduating in ACUs before long - they are wearing them for everything now. I think the greens are in short supply.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, you haven't been trained properly.
Cobra6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 17:10   #8
CPT_CRUNCH
P.O.W.

you'll get the greens. as stated the ASU is not being distributed yet. from what i've heard they might be out fall 2010.

i too filled out that survey. wow, i used to be excited about the ASU but now seeing all the crap they're considering (again... and again... and AGAIN) might just be a big mess.
:patriot:
CPT_CRUNCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 20:30   #9
deadday

I don't think they are issuing the ASUs yet...you'll probably be issued the green As...
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 20:31   #10
deadday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra6 View Post
The "new blues" don't exist yet - I just filled out another survey on them last month

It would not surprise me if you see people graduating in ACUs before long - they are wearing them for everything now. I think the greens are in short supply.
We did out graduation in BDUs...
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:55   #11
bennwj
Silver Membership
CSM

Send a message via MSN to bennwj Send a message via Yahoo to bennwj Send a message via Skype™ to bennwj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra6 View Post

The "new blues" or ASU (Army Service Uniform) is slated for issue late this fall. You can purchase them now through Marlow White, and they are authorized for wear as of now.

--attributed to two people: Barack Obama and George Armstrong Custer.
bennwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 13:30   #12
deadday

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennwj View Post
The "new blues" or ASU (Army Service Uniform) is slated for issue late this fall. You can purchase them now through Marlow White, and they are authorized for wear as of now.
Did they ever make everybody happy and authorize all the bling (spurs, stets, jump boots, etc.) that they originally said they weren't?
Old 05-25-2009, 16:55   #13
bennwj
Silver Membership
CSM

Send a message via MSN to bennwj Send a message via Yahoo to bennwj Send a message via Skype™ to bennwj
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadday View Post
Did they ever make everybody happy and authorize all the bling (spurs, stets, jump boots, etc.) that they originally said they weren't?
When the ASU is worn with the four-in-hand necktie Jump Boots are authorized. When it is worn with the bowtie they are not.

I have no idea about stetsons, spurs or any of those other accoutrements.....never been someplace where that stuff was common.

--attributed to two people: Barack Obama and George Armstrong Custer.
bennwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:37   #14
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennwj View Post
When the ASU is worn with the four-in-hand necktie Jump Boots are authorized. When it is worn with the bowtie they are not.

I have no idea about stetsons, spurs or any of those other accoutrements.....never been someplace where that stuff was common.
Spurs and Stetsons are not AR-670-1 uniform items, they are "traditions" so it isn't likely their use will change with the new uniform regs.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:41   #15
Fox
Varmit Control

They should go back to khaki for the Class A and B uniforms. Dress Blues ought to be kept as formal tire.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 17:05   #16
EagleOne716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
They should go back to khaki for the Class A and B uniforms. Dress Blues ought to be kept as formal tire.
From an old 20+ years retired vet....ABSOLUTELY!!!!
Nothing looks better than a starched pair of khaki's with a pair of spit shined jump boots. Then again, somebody (that remembers) will have to teach all the young bucks how to spit shine.....
Old 06-27-2009, 17:13   #17
deadday

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleOne716 View Post
From an old 20+ years retired vet....ABSOLUTELY!!!!
Nothing looks better than a starched pair of khaki's with a pair of spit shined jump boots. Then again, somebody (that remembers) will have to teach all the young bucks how to spit shine.....
That was the part of the day at Knox we all looked forward too...chow then back to the barracks, shining boots on the PT pad and BSing, phone call if we'd earned one, then showers, mail call, and lights out...
Old 06-27-2009, 18:49   #18
nursetim

No more shining boots? That's blasphemy, pure unadulterated communism.
nursetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 18:57   #19
deadday

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursetim View Post
No more shining boots? That's blasphemy, pure unadulterated communism.
no, no, the commies still shine their boots
Old 06-28-2009, 07:51   #20
EagleOne716

I still remember sitting on the floor in the barracks room, radio or cassette player jamming the latest hits, getting just the right mixture of spit and polish...burning the polish (either in the can or on the boot..remember that?) rubbing, spitting, rubbing..spitting......and watching the perfect glossy shine "snap"..
These were magic moments. I can sit here typing and still smell the smell of polish.