Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-15-2009, 22:32   #1
4095fanatic

"I go behind the lines and abduct people"

I'm pretty sure this guy is just blowing smoke, but before I call him out I thought I'd do a little research. This guy claims:

1. He's a captain in the USAF.
2. He's not part of any group... he's called as needed for special ops.
3. He goes behind enemy lines to abduct people.
4. He's not based out of any set location either.
5. He's kinda an S3... more of an S2.

I have an army friend who claims he told her he was based out of Ft. Meade... he didn't really seem too up to speed on USAF stuff. He had no idea what wings were nearby (I'm not even in the USAF and I can at least name a few out of Dover and Andrews), had no idea what most of the specialties were, etc. Also, I've met some SF guys and most of them don't tell you what they do off the bat, and when they do they don't tend to brag a whole lot. Talked to a guy once for a few minutes thinking he was just an infantryman in the army... later found out he's a decorated DS1 veteran who went in on the ground before the air war with a ranger team. Ditto for a friend's son who was just a "regular seaman"... later found out he's a SEAL.

Anyway, this guy just didn't seem to jive and he's applying for the fire department here as a volunteer and I'd rather not take him in if he's actually an E-1 with delusions of grandeur, but I figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. He claims he's not a firefighter with the airforce cause all they do it "drink beer and sit around because planes never crash, really". *sigh*. Anyone have any ideas before I send him packing?
4095fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 23:26   #2
sdglock22

Well if he's talking about Ft. Meade Sturgis SD, it hasn't seen active military duty since Custers day I think, quite a time anyway. It has a veterens hospital and is used for some training of sorts but don't think they run any special ops out of it. But then again what better place to run a special ops unit from than an outdated Ft. LOL
sdglock22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 23:54   #3
deadday

If by 'go behind the lines and abduct people' he means 'I go to the PX and abduct Doritos'
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 00:10   #4
betyourlife
on a GLOCK

Did he tell you he is trained in the deadly secret toe gouges of Pakistani Airborne troops too?
betyourlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:27   #5
Texas357
CLM Number 224
Señor Member

Next time he tells you that, look him in the eye while you speak into your wristwatch "We've got a security breach, he's a talker."

See what he does.

"I nominate you for President of Texas!" - Dr. Octagon
"I accept your nomination, and thank you for your vote."- Texas357
Texas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:01   #6
4095fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdglock22 View Post
Well if he's talking about Ft. Meade Sturgis SD, it hasn't seen active military duty since Custers day I think, quite a time anyway. It has a veterens hospital and is used for some training of sorts but don't think they run any special ops out of it. But then again what better place to run a special ops unit from than an outdated Ft. LOL
Ft. Meade, MD. NSA has their main campus there. If he'd told me he was intel I might have believed him.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:10   #7
chuckman

Holy crap, but a load. Idiot of the highest magnitude.
Old 02-17-2009, 20:48   #8
4095fanatic

Just figured I'd check and see if there was any chance he was credible before I called him out. I have the highest respect for special ops guys and wouldn't want to demean one by accident... but yeah I pretty much had him 99.9% pegged as a tool from the start.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:55   #9
Ralff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4095fanatic View Post
Just figured I'd check and see if there was any chance he was credible before I called him out. I have the highest respect for special ops guys and wouldn't want to demean one by accident... but yeah I pretty much had him 99.9% pegged as a tool from the start.

If he was legit he wouldn't be telling you.

All the specops guys I know won't talk about ***** unless I really pry, and that stuff is unclass. I think "abducting people" would probably fall on the classified side.
Ralff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:21   #10
4TS&W
2A RKBA 4EVER

Ask him the color of the boathouse door at Hereford..
4TS&W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 14:20   #11
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

Ask to see his 214 if he's out, or speak to his superior officer if he's in.

That'll clear it up REAL quick.

I've never known another special ops type to openly say what they are up front unless you know them well, or you're both in uniform and it's kind of obvious (PJ talking to a cop, etc).

And PJs go behind the lines and RESCUE people.........nobody in the AF goes around abducting them. Blow stuff up? Sure. Call in airstrikes or set up airfields? Yeah. But not abductions.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:47   #12
Skycop1

He could be an OSI Agent (Air Force Office of Special Investigations). We work outside the wire “with” special ops frequently; however, we are counterintelligence officers. Although we don’t exactly “snatch” people, one of our wartime missions is to collect intelligence and create target packages for the spec ops folks to serve (snatching bad guys). We are sometimes present when this happens. I would be surprised if this guy was an OSI agent though as most are pretty humble (of course there is always an exception). Being that part of our law enforcement mission is arson investigation I would assume he would have more respect for the Air Force Fire department.

FYI: There are no officers in the Air Force Fire Department, they are all enlisted. If he is a Capt then I imagin that is why he his not one. If he is an OSI agent he would be a "Special Agent" but he would still have a military rank (E5-07 or civilian fed). Usually the rank is masked untill they are higher up (SMSgt or Maj). This is not a hard rule but pretty standard.

Last edited by Skycop1; 03-02-2009 at 11:01..
Skycop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:33   #13
ammobaggett

I have to agree with Skycop1. My brother is also OSI and I have a slight knowledge of what they do. I personally have been AFSOC my entire career minus one year in Korea. AFSOC stands for Air Force Special Operations Command. I'm very proud of that. To me, it seems that this guy is full of it. I have been deployed eight different times since 9/11 so I have been able to live in the same compounds as some really awesome organizations. These guys are very humble and wouldn't go around bragging about that. They would actually perfer for you not to know what they do. Find out how old this guy is. You have to think that first he must complete college and then on top of that it takes time until he reaches the rank of Captain. Personally speaking, my brother is currently a Captain and he is 32 years old. So if he's no older than 29 or so, I would cut him off there. Find out if he had an "Honorable Discharge" and then ask for proof. I hate it when people try to take credit for things that other people risk their lives to do.

"Air Commandos...We'll kill you and take your stuff!"
ammobaggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:50   #14
deadday

IF that is what he was doing:

1) he wouldn't be talking about it
2) he' know there are no 'lines' to go behind
3) he wouldn't be talking about it
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
Old 03-20-2009, 14:46   #15
Guitar Guy
" Rock On "

Load of crap !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4095fanatic View Post
I'm pretty sure this guy is just blowing smoke, but before I call him out I thought I'd do a little research. This guy claims:

1. He's a captain in the USAF.
2. He's not part of any group... he's called as needed for special ops.
3. He goes behind enemy lines to abduct people.
4. He's not based out of any set location either.
5. He's kinda an S3... more of an S2.

I have an army friend who claims he told her he was based out of Ft. Meade... he didn't really seem too up to speed on USAF stuff. He had no idea what wings were nearby (I'm not even in the USAF and I can at least name a few out of Dover and Andrews), had no idea what most of the specialties were, etc. Also, I've met some SF guys and most of them don't tell you what they do off the bat, and when they do they don't tend to brag a whole lot. Talked to a guy once for a few minutes thinking he was just an infantryman in the army... later found out he's a decorated DS1 veteran who went in on the ground before the air war with a ranger team. Ditto for a friend's son who was just a "regular seaman"... later found out he's a SEAL.

Anyway, this guy just didn't seem to jive and he's applying for the fire department here as a volunteer and I'd rather not take him in if he's actually an E-1 with delusions of grandeur, but I figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. He claims he's not a firefighter with the airforce cause all they do it "drink beer and sit around because planes never crash, really". *sigh*. Anyone have any ideas before I send him packing?
Old 03-20-2009, 14:47   #16
deadday

Wait a minute...he's one of those uber-cool-tactical guys that gets called in when th SEALs/SF/PJs need help right?
Old 03-20-2009, 15:02   #17
Guitar Guy
" Rock On "

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadday View Post
Wait a minute...he's one of those uber-cool-tactical guys that gets called in when th SEALs/SF/PJs need help right?
This keep's getting better !
Old 03-20-2009, 15:07   #18
deadday

I've got this guy beat by a mile...I served as door gunner on the space shuttle for 3 years...
Old 03-20-2009, 15:57   #19
Guitar Guy
" Rock On "

Quote:
I've got this guy beat by a mile...I served as door gunner on the space shuttle for 3 years...

SO YOUR THE GUY THAT GOT THE JOB !
Old 03-20-2009, 16:53   #20
Blitzer
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to Blitzer Send a message via Yahoo to Blitzer
Quote:

Nice hardware:

The US Air Force Forum