GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 19:42   #1
markieboy
Senior Member
 
markieboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Washington State
Posts: 301
Recommended Gunsmith?

Hi guys,

Just wondering if any can recommend a reliable and honest gunsmith in King-Pierce county area. I have meprolight night sights and would like them to be properly installed on my Glock 19. I am not confident to install them myself.

I called gun shops around my area and they're asking $100+ to install brand new sights I bought online for $70...which I think is ridiculous.

I appreciate any help you guys can give. Thanks!
__________________
Glock 19
S&W 586 6"
markieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 20:48   #2
VeeDubbinJetta91
Member
 
VeeDubbinJetta91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Renton
Posts: 34
Send a message via AIM to VeeDubbinJetta91
Quote:
Originally Posted by markieboy View Post
Hi guys,

Just wondering if any can recommend a reliable and honest gunsmith in King-Pierce county area. I have meprolight night sights and would like them to be properly installed on my Glock 19. I am not confident to install them myself.

I called gun shops around my area and they're asking $100+ to install brand new sights I bought online for $70...which I think is ridiculous.

I appreciate any help you guys can give. Thanks!
I have a friend at work whose dad is a previous glock armorer, he owns all the glock factory tools including the sight installer, he let me borrow it to install mine. they were a piece of cake, i could ask if he would be willing to do the install for much cheaper than $100 bucks, Wades Guns in Bellevue Charges $60, still alot of money for something that takes all of 2 mins to do
VeeDubbinJetta91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 20:56   #3
markieboy
Senior Member
 
markieboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Washington State
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubbinJetta91 View Post
I have a friend at work whose dad is a previous glock armorer, he owns all the glock factory tools including the sight installer, he let me borrow it to install mine. they were a piece of cake, i could ask if he would be willing to do the install for much cheaper than $100 bucks, Wades Guns in Bellevue Charges $60, still alot of money for something that takes all of 2 mins to do
Yeah, I'd really appreciate it! $60 is still expensive, though. The installation, using the tools, look really simple and straightforward. If all else fails, I'll probably end up buying a rear sight pusher...then resell it.

Please let me know if your friend can accommodate me. Thanks again!
__________________
Glock 19
S&W 586 6"
markieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 22:19   #4
Wash-ar15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,835
What is your location?? I have tool if you are close.
Wash-ar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 22:46   #5
markieboy
Senior Member
 
markieboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Washington State
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wash-ar15 View Post
What is your location?? I have tool if you are close.
Tacoma. But Seattle is not a problem. Are you offering service? Or selling the tool?
__________________
Glock 19
S&W 586 6"
markieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 23:00   #6
AA#5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,099
I'm not the least bit mechanically inclined. I wouldn't dare try to change the oil in my car.

After having two "gunsmiths" scratch up my guns installing sights, I spent $100.00 for the sight tool & installed night sights on 4 of my Glocks, no damage to guns or sights & the tool more than paid for itself.

I did the same with my Sig P220ST. but their sight tool was $150.00 several years ago.
AA#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 23:58   #7
bisdak
Senior Member
 
bisdak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coffeetown, U.S.A.
Posts: 157
If you'll be changing sights on any Glock guns in the future, then you may want to invest in the sight adjust/install tool and the front sight tool. I, too, had my first replacement sight done by an installer. Then I bought the tools and have been doing it myself. It is easy.
__________________
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
--George Washington
bisdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:03   #8
Wash-ar15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by markieboy View Post
Tacoma. But Seattle is not a problem. Are you offering service? Or selling the tool?
I'll change then for ya for no cost. I work in Kent by boeing at 212th.

Seems quite a few of us in the area have the tool.
Wash-ar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:37   #9
WSUXJer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spanaway, WA
Posts: 124
LEEDS on 6th ave in Tacoma.
WSUXJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 13:32   #10
markieboy
Senior Member
 
markieboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Washington State
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUXJer View Post
LEEDS on 6th ave in Tacoma.
Great! Thanks guys. I may just purchase a sight tool. Seems like it pays for itself.
__________________
Glock 19
S&W 586 6"
markieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:32   #11
WSUXJer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spanaway, WA
Posts: 124
If you buy them there, LEEDs installs for free. They actually have decent prices. I couldn't justify spending $100 for a tool I would only use a few times. The first set I think I paid them $10-15 to install. Every other set, I've just bought there and had them push it on.
WSUXJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:38   #12
markieboy
Senior Member
 
markieboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Washington State
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUXJer View Post
If you buy them there, LEEDs installs for free. They actually have decent prices. I couldn't justify spending $100 for a tool I would only use a few times. The first set I think I paid them $10-15 to install. Every other set, I've just bought there and had them push it on.
Awesome! Just called them. $15 for installation! Yeah, in my case, I can't justify spending $100 on something I'll use a few times.

Thanks so much for the tip! Definitely beats everywhere else I've called.
__________________
Glock 19
S&W 586 6"
markieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:40.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 750
220 Members
530 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42