Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-28-2009, 18:49   #26
RobertSB701

Got One!

I have one installed on my 21SF. There are some very good arguments for and against the Siderlock. It's also one more thing for anyone who shouldn't have your gun in their possession figure out how to circumvent. If an intruder finds your gun or even if you carry and get disarmed this adds potential life saving seconds if you find yourself on the wrong end of your own gun. Perhaps that sounds like quite a stetch of the imagination. I like it and run drills at the range using it every time I shoot. To each his own.
Old 03-22-2010, 18:27   #27
andyo5

I have one on my G30. It is a handy device that can be used in several ways: as a hedge while you are carrying the gun concealed against the trigger accidentally being depressed, for example. Also could slow down or completely defeat a gun grabber from using your gun against you. The good thing is once it is on the gun, you are not forced to use it. The Siderlock trigger is comfortable to use. I like mine and see no negatives about it.

Last edited by andyo5; 03-22-2010 at 18:29..
andyo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 18:28   #28
Bren
NRA Life Member

OK, forget all the "safety between the ears" "doesn't need one" "piece of junk" replies. let's assume I think a Glock needs a safety. You instealled a safety that requires you to put your finger inside the trigger guard and push on the trigger to take the gun off safe.do you think that makes the gun more safe...or less safe. You may guess that I think a safety device that requires you to violate a fundamental rule of gun safety (keep your finger outside the trigger guard/off the trigger, until ready to fire) is a very, very bad idea.

Last edited by Bren; 03-22-2010 at 18:29..
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 18:32   #29
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyo5 View Post
I have one on my G30. It is a handy device that can be used in several ways: as a hedge while you are carrying the gun concealed against the trigger accidentally being depressed, for example. Also could slow down or completely defeat a gun grabber from using your gun against you. The good thing is once it is on the gun, you are not forced to use it. The Siderlock trigger is comfortable to use. I like mine and see no negatives about it.
Well, let's see, something goes bump in the night and you have to draw your gun and, under stress, put your finger inside the trigger guard and mess with the trigger to get it off safe...if you think there are no negatives, I'd suggest some basic gun handling/safety training
Old 03-22-2010, 18:47   #30
elde
Lifetime Membership

Have you people noticed that this new member, drummer12345, seems to be dragging up year or two year old threads to make the point that he hates Siderlock?

drummer, suggest you initiate your own thread rather than clogging up the forum with useless information to promote your own agenda.
elde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 19:08   #31
gunsmoke92

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer12345 View Post
Stay away from Siderlock! They do not stand by their product. My trigger broke and they refuse to replace it despite it being "Guaranteed for Life".

Kyle
Yea, we got it, all 3 or 4 times. Now go troll somewhere else.
S&W Club #92, Snubbie club #92, The 21 Club #92
gunsmoke92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:59   #32
Ryobi
SummertimeRules

Ordering it in the first place was the mistake. That it broke (reportedly) just compounds the error. If the ill conception of this device isn't immediately and glaringly obvious at first glance, no amount of logic is likely to jump start the users common sense generator.
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 18:11   #33
dudester

Ok full circle now, I am returning the the gun back to stock. I haven't had any trouble with the Siderlock but I just don't use it and I would rather not have it on there if there is no benefit. Good product though if you have a use for it. It works as advertised.
dudester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 19:58   #34
Simplejack

People are thinking way too much on this simple trigger/safety..

It's a trigger.
It has a nice shape and feel to it.
It's black with a silver safety lever thing.
It looks good on the gun.
It's only $50 bucks compared to what other trigger options are out there when all you want to do is replace the trigger with something a little more cooler looking.

Also, if you can't push a little button on the "side" sideways without fully depressing the trigger backwards and making it fire, you probably shouldn't even be around guns..

And if you want to, you can push the safety button for those moments you want to activate a second safety. If you don't want the safety on, you never have to use it.

I think it's pretty much that simple.
Just because you have a safety on the gun, doesn't mean you have to use it or use it every time.
But, it does look alot nicer then the stock trigger and I think it will look pretty good with the titanium pins I plan on adding to my frame.

As long as the product works like it is suppose to without malfunctioning, then I see no problems at all with this trigger/safety.
If it's not what you want, don't buy it. There is many accessories for these guns and not everyone is going to want all of them.

I almost never use the air conditioning in my car, but I do like having the option to use it for that one of two times I might want to use it.
Glock 26 Gen4 - Trijicon Night Sights - PearceGrip PG-2733 - Glockmeister Grip Plug - Glock Extended Slide Release - Ghost Ranger 4.5 lb trigger - Hornady 9mm FTX - Blackhawk IWB Nylon Holster w/Strap #07
http://www.facebook.com/GlockGen4Community

Last edited by Simplejack; 06-14-2012 at 20:00..
Simplejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:57   #35
7.62FMJ

The pins walk out while firing.

It's a poor design on how it is "staked" to the transfer bar. I've owned for a while now and it was replaced by the factory once before for the same reason. After only maybe a few mags full, the small pins start to walk out which protrude far enough such that you can't even pull the trigger, then you have to push them back in with the back end of a punch. Now I've tried to glue mine in, locktight them in, but nothing works. I've contacted the company many times about the issue but they are foreign and I don't think English is their primary language because overall- they just ignore the findings. Until they upgrade the product with a "U shaped" staking pin that won't walk out then I would avoid this product for serious carry. I've owned four such units now on two different guns, only because the factory replaced them- each time, nothing changed. The pins themselves are polished and free floated in a plastic trigger without any means of capturing them.

7.62FMJ
Old 07-01-2012, 11:58   #36
SouthpawG26

The bath salt zombie of GT threads. This one truly refuses to die....
Old 07-01-2012, 16:51   #37
Simplejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawG26 View Post
The bath salt zombie of GT threads. This one truly refuses to die....
Why would this thread die when this is a active product on the market that is still available for purchase on new model Glocks?
Glock 26 Gen4 - Trijicon Night Sights - PearceGrip PG-2733 - Glockmeister Grip Plug - Glock Extended Slide Release - Ghost Ranger 4.5 lb trigger - Hornady 9mm FTX - Blackhawk IWB Nylon Holster w/Strap #07
http://www.facebook.com/GlockGen4Community

Last edited by Simplejack; 07-01-2012 at 16:51..
Simplejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:08   #38
DaBurna

If you like it... I love it... No extra safeties for me... My brain, good holster, & Glock's trigger safety system are the PERFECT TRIFECTA for me!!
DaBurna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 14:21   #39
ZO6Vettever

I have never owned a handgun with a safety and have carried a weapon since 1975. All were revolvers with some mighty long and heavy double action triggers. Pretty near impossible to AD. My only semi auto was a Sigma. The trigger was pretty much the same as a J frame. Totally safe. Now the Glocks, G30 for me and wife carry's a G26 have much lighter and shorter triggers. I originally was going to put 8.5 lb. springs on them but have really gotten to like the stock trigger. Sliderlock sounds like a simple, safe way to add a manual safety. Wife is spooky about one in the chamber and a Sliderlock would ease her anxiety. I don't think I would have an objection to having one. The split second to disengage the safety is sure faster than racking the slide. I'm considering it. Flaming me won't change my mind for those who enjoy that sort of thing. Good report sir and I hope they are all you expect them to be!

Remember, we're all on the same side!

Army Vet Dec 1965 - Dec 1971

Last edited by ZO6Vettever; 08-20-2012 at 09:31..
ZO6Vettever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 19:01   #40
K9Cops

I have carried without a holster off duty for over 30 yrs, using a revolver (S&W Chief) or a DA/SA weapon (Sig) without any problems. If someone is worried about an AD carrying without a holster, then why not just install an 8lb or 10lb NY1 trigger and be done with it. That would bring the specs of the Glock more into line with a DA trigger and make the chance of an AD much less likley.
K9Cops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:56   #41
SouthpawG26

Congrats to all whom have participated! We've kept this thread alive for 4 years!

Four more years!

Four more years!

We can do it!

Last edited by SouthpawG26; 01-30-2013 at 05:56..
SouthpawG26 is offline   Reply With Quote