Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-10-2009, 15:56   #1
farley45

Help With Old .410

I am trying to get an old .410 back to working order. It is a Stevens Model 940E .410 single shot made by Savage Arms.

The problem I am facing is that I cannot find any assembly guides out there anywhere. I found a basic schematic on a gun parts website, but it has not been very helpful.

I am trying to get it put back together, but I can't figure out how the springs are suppose to go back in. Particularly the trigger spring and the hammer spring. It looks pretty simple, but I can't figure out how to get the trigger and hammer put back in so that everything is functional again. Here is a link to the schematic I found: http://www.e-gunparts.com/productsch...odel=089Zz940E

It looks like someone else had taken it apart and didn't know how to put it back together so they just stuffed everything in and put the pins back in. When I got it the hammer was loose and wouldn't cock and the trigger didn't do anything. After I got it apart, the springs looked fine so I figured if I got it put back together how it was supposed to be everything would be in working order. Please, any advice at all would be appreciated.
farley45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:35   #2
farley45

Bump. Anyone know where I can get the assembly guide that I need? Or can figure it out from the schematic?
Old 06-08-2009, 19:37   #3
farley45

I know this post has been dead for a while yet, but I wanted to bump to see if anyone could provide any assistance. I haven't been working on this .410 in a while and I finally came back to it.

It looks like my major problem is I do not understand how the trigger spring goes back in. I just tried to take a look at my AR to see how the hammer/trigger springs go in and I may be able to get it.

Anyone have any experience working with old .410's? Anyone know how to assemble one that has been stripped? All I have broken down is the trigger guard, trigger, and hammer. The trigger spring, hammer spring, trigger, hammer, trigger guard, and two pins are out. I just need to get the dang thing put back together.

Advice?
Old 06-09-2009, 00:34   #4
steve1911

Try calling brownells and see if they have a book dis/assem, on sav m 940e.

1911club#410
Old 01-10-2010, 10:41   #5
farley45

I'm still looking for help with this old .410 in case anyone reads this and can help out.