Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-01-2009, 15:21   #1
fatdog

Utah concealed firearm permit class in Anniston, AL July 26th

There will be an approved Utah CFP class on July 26th at 1:00 p.m. CDT in Anniston, AL at the Moss Branch range. Cost of the class is $65. Close enough to GA to be convenient for some of you which is why I mention it here. If interested contact hrpwebmaster<at>earthlink.net. if you want to register for a slot.

Why would anybody from GA care? There are residents of Alabama, Mississippi, and Georgia who seek out the Utah concealed firearms permit (CFP). Several reasons for this:

1. Utah has better reciprocity than any of these three states because it has a mandatory training requirement, and AL, MS, GA do not, some some states refuse reciprocity on that basis alone. The Utah CFP currently makes you good to go in about 34 states.

2. Utah issues CCW's to non-residents, and you can handle the entire process by mail, you don't have to go there to get one.

3. Utah is about half the cost of getting a FL non-resident license (Utah is less than $70 in fees), FL being one of the other states that issues to non-residents, and currently the Utah CCW is good for five years with renewals only $10 every five years instead ,of $120+ for the FL initial permit and each renewal..

4. Lots of folks in the military who are legal residents of their home states where getting a CCW permit is impossible or nearly so (e.g. CA, WI, IL, NJ, etc.) go for the Utah permit to get legal for CCW in as many places as possible.

If you want to explore Utah reciprocity and see if it offers any advantage you care about, go take a look http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/FAQother.html

Their whole permit process, etc. can be explored at http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/concealedfirearms.html

Utah has a simple training requirement, and the class takes about 4 hours, but their approved course is the only one that gets you the training check off for the Utah permit. It has to be taught by a Utah certified instructor.
fatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:57   #2
thatpilottech

I would be interested in that class, as well as a few others. Does anyone have updated contact info?
thatpilottech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:54   #3
fatdog

contact alabamafts@earthlink.net or visit the website www.alabama-fts.com

that class is still scheduled and not full yet
Old 06-15-2009, 11:06   #4
FillYerHands
you son of a

From what I can see, for my money I get Delaware and Nevada, above the states that recognize my Georgia license. Am I missing something? Still no South Carolina.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Clip? Magazine? Who cares? Take

|
|
Life Member |
FillYerHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:30   #5
fatdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillYerHands View Post
..I get Delaware and Nevada, above the states that recognize my Georgia license. .
I don't follow the Georgia reciprocity thing closely, from the list given to me by one of my Georgia students back in the fall of '08, he was doing it because it ADDED for him, North Dakota, Ohio, Washington, Virginia, West Virginia, Delaware, Minnesota, Nevada, and New Mexico which at the time would not recognize his GA permit. I know that gentleman frequently visited Virginia and Ohio.

the only public list I found for GA reciprocity was this one

http://dps.georgia.gov/00/article/0,...375811,00.html

the Utah list is here and it seems to match that list of what Utah offers over and above the GA permit reciprocity, about the same list of states AL and MS permit holders gain from having Utah

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/FAQother.html

I don't think anybody is getting SC until they get busy and fix their screwed up reciprocity laws over there, they need to overturn their resturant ban too like TN and GA have
Old 06-22-2009, 09:43   #6
thooks

I'm interested in this ( I maintain my residency in AL right now), but I have to wonder how this would really hold up in a serious legal matter...

Are there still slots open?
thooks is offline   Reply With Quote