Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:58   #1
GlockM20pwns

Double Tap Ammo Mistake!!

So I ordered some 10mm's from DT here recently and after my ordered had alreadly shipped I noticed that instead of selecting the 180 gr. Bonded bullet, I ordered the 180 gr. Controlled expansion bullet. I heard that the bonded bullet is Speer Gold Dot's and I'm assuming the controlled expansion is Hornady's XTP bullet?? I love Hornady, don't get me wrong, but I wanted the Speer's for personal defense in my Glock 20. Needless to say I'm pretty angry at myself.

One question I had for you all was: Does DT have any other good personal defense rounds in other calibers? I know they pretty much have the 10mm's covered, but doesn't anyone else have any exp. with other rounds in other calibers? Any information would be great! Thanks!
Old 06-08-2009, 11:00   #2
Norman
CLM Number 32
Non nobis

Title is misleading. Sounds like the company made a mistake, whereas you were the one that actually made the mistake.
Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:13   #3
GlockM20pwns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman View Post
Title is misleading. Sounds like the company made a mistake, whereas you were the one that actually made the mistake.
I believe I specified that in the post. But thanks for the reminder.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:21   #4
Norman
CLM Number 32
Non nobis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockM20pwns View Post
I believe I specified that in the post. But thanks for the reminder.
I didn't say your post was misleading, I said your title made it seem as if the company made a mistake... etc etc.

I call it subtle slander.
Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:32   #5
AZ Husker

I use DT's 125gr Gold Dots in my .357 Sig G32. Great round!
Old 06-08-2009, 12:04   #6
JeepinOverU

I made the same mistake when i ordered the hornady bullets instead of the speer bullets from DT, i realized it soon after i did this tho, contacted Mike at DT by email and got it taken care of. Great service. Since its too late for you to do that i would just order another box of 50 rds of the speer bullets.
JeepinOverU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:07   #7
GlockM20pwns

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinOverU View Post
I made the same mistake when i ordered the hornady bullets instead of the speer bullets from DT, i realized it soon after i did this tho, contacted Mike at DT by email and got it taken care of. Great service. Since its too late for you to do that i would just order another box of 50 rds of the speer bullets.
That's just what I intend to do! Thanks for the information.

I might just buy me a 6" hunting barrel and put those Hornady's to good use!
Old 06-08-2009, 21:29   #8
unit1069

I have both the 125-grain and 147-grain .357sig Gold Dots. They both seem to be excellent with no malfunctions or problems of any kind. I'll probably order some 124-grain 9mm from Double Tap since I don't have any Gold Dot ammo in that caliber.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:12   #9
Liff

This is the best thread of all time. I have never read one better.

A horrible and misleading title, a squabble over the title, and not just one, but two completely random 357 sig replies in a 10mm thread. Not over a DT mistake, but the OP failing to use his mouse correctly.

All time best.
Liff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:23   #10
Mwinter
I'm MilkMan Dan

Liff,
I must respectfully disagree. I don't see a single pic of a hot gal with a gun....so negative on best-thread-ever.

With regards to the OP, I don't think you'll see that much difference between the 2 bullets (as loaded by DT) unless you're dealing with barriers like glass.
Singled out, and called to arms to defend what they hold dearest, the number of truly evil people would be small. The number of truly good people, even smaller....those too afraid, too weak or too ill-prepared to fight would be countless.
Mwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 18:12   #11
unit1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liff View Post
This is the best thread of all time. I have never read one better.

A horrible and misleading title, a squabble over the title, and not just one, but two completely random 357 sig replies in a 10mm thread. Not over a DT mistake, but the OP failing to use his mouse correctly.

All time best.
First things first. As Mwinter pointed out there's no hot babes in skimpy outfits distracting the reader.

Second, there is nothing random about .357sig or any other caliber references. Here, let me show you something:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockM20pwns View Post
One question I had for you all was: Does DT have any other good personal defense rounds in other calibers?
Finally, your lack of reading comprehension has no doubt added an unintended touch of irony to your post.

Last edited by unit1069; 06-09-2009 at 18:15..
unit1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 21:01   #12
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
I use DT's 125gr Gold Dots in my .357 Sig G32. Great round!
Ditto that.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 22:16   #13
GlockM20pwns

My mistake..

Thanks for the information guys.. And Sorry about any mistakes. Although I do not have a .357 Sig yet, the information was still good to know. I appreciate it!

I know I could have had a better title, but it didn't occur at the time of the original post that people would rather waste their time commenting about a title, than comment about the original post itself. But no problems, I still learned something! Thank guys. And Iím sorry for any misunderstandings.
Old 06-09-2009, 22:27   #14
betyourlife
on a GLOCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman View Post
I didn't say your post was misleading, I said your title made it seem as if the company made a mistake... etc etc.

I call it subtle slander.
betyourlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 22:48   #15
Liff

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit1069 View Post
First things first. As Mwinter pointed out there's no hot babes in skimpy outfits distracting the reader.

Second, there is nothing random about .357sig or any other caliber references. Here, let me show you something:

Finally, your lack of reading comprehension has no doubt added an unintended touch of irony to your post.

Clearly no hot babes, but I do believe that I covered that with the 'I have never read one better' as opposed to 'I have never seen one better.'

And my lack of reading comprehension is wonderfully humbling to me right now, Thanks unit.
Liff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 23:08   #16
RustyShackelford
> OD Glock 32 <

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit1069 View Post

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockM20pwns
One question I had for you all was: Does DT have any other good personal defense rounds in other calibers?
Caliber Corner

/Oh SNAP!!
TOP GUN 357SIG, Florida Glocker Clubs member #420

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
, straight stock (so far)
----------------------------
Ray Zalinsky: "What the American public doesn't know is what makes them the American public."
RustyShackelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:04   #17
ncvarmint

what is the wait time for double tap ammo to arrive these days?

trevor
ncvarmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 21:25   #18
HiredGun77

I wouldn't sweat it. I love XTP's. I load custom ammo and the XTP is my bullet of choice for defensive and hunting purposes. I promise no bad guy is going to feel short changed when you blow his spine out his backside and say you should have used a bonded bullet. I have never seen an XTP shed it's jacket. I use 180's in my 10mm and 155's in the 40S&W. I believe I have read XTP's are supposed to be consistantly more accurate than Gold Dots. I know they are very accurate in my experience.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Custom Rifles - NIC Certified Cerakote Applicator
HiredGun77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:02   #19
Elvis Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncvarmint View Post
what is the wait time for double tap ammo to arrive these days?

trevor
forever since i will never be buying from them again. multiple and contstant deceptive practices for scores of people. they will probably not be in business for long. they are getting what they can and doing what they want before they go belly up which is part of their plan.
Elvis Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:53   #20
ncvarmint

thanks, i was getting wary to try it, i think i will stick to speer and winchester for my HP'S

trevor
ncvarmint is offline   Reply With Quote