SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:50   #1
The Rampage
Inevitable

CHOOSE me an ORIS!!

Alrighty, my contract is winding down and as such I'm going to purchase myself a "congrats on putting up with the job for another year" present.

I've always wanted an Oris, and in particular I'm looking for ONE dressy watch to keep around for those very rare occassions when I require it.

That said, I do want a new diver...and I really do like the look of the Oris Steel Divers.

SO FIRST, tell me...which diver would you choose?

1) TTI Black

It's About Time

2) TTI Blue

It's About Time

3) TTI Black/Red

It's About Time

Personally, I'm leaning toward the Black just due to versatility, but if it's purely about looks then I think the Blue wins.

Next...
The Rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:53   #2
The Rampage
Inevitable

I need a dress watch. I've narrowed it down to these...

1) Oris Artelier Complication

It's About Time

2) Artelier Chrono

It's About Time

3) Artelier Pointer

It's About Time

4) Artelier Small Seconds

It's About Time

Personally, I liked the looks of the Moonphase Complication until I actually saw it in person. It looked...cheaper. The standard, plain faced Arteliers like the Small Seconds or just simply Date are quite attractive, even in silver, and can be found for under $600 if you shop around.

The divers...I heard they were going for $525 a few years back, but inflation and demand has pushed that up to $700 at very best.

So...which ones would you choose? Like I said, I'm leaning toward the Black Diver and then Silver Small Seconds.

And then...who knows?

TR
Old 11-02-2008, 01:55   #3
The Rampage
Inevitable

I might point out that the Chrono is the nicest, but it goes for well over twice what the others do. I can find the Moonphase for $800, then Pointer for about $700 and the Small Seconds for $600...but that Chrono goes for $1500, easily.

Here's another pic of the Small Seconds. I don't yet have a watch with Gold in it, and I suppose it looks classy if a dressy watch is its purpose.

It's About Time

What do you think?

TR
Old 11-02-2008, 07:28   #4
Liquid

Oris Artelier Complication

that is an awesome looking watch. the ones in the first look a little bulky for a true dress watch. i like the look of a divers but the face on the complication looks beautiful. i have always been a fan of the moon phase but i havent bought one yet. not sure what the prices are over there but over stock has it for $1,028..

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Wat...3/product.html

liquid
Liquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:53   #5
The Rampage
Inevitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid View Post
Oris Artelier Complication

that is an awesome looking watch. the ones in the first look a little bulky for a true dress watch. i like the look of a divers but the face on the complication looks beautiful. i have always been a fan of the moon phase but i havent bought one yet. not sure what the prices are over there but over stock has it for $1,028..

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Wat...3/product.html

liquid

I agree, it's BEAUTIFUL in the picture. When I saw it in person, however, I was a little disappointed. I mean, it's still a fantastic looking watch...but some of the spark, clean lines, perfect coloring...it's not there in person.

I'd still buy it, though--I just don't think I'd spend a grand on it.

BTW, Joma had it for $880.

http://www.jomashop.com/oris-artelie...92-4051mb.html

To be perfectly honest, though, as far as dress watches go...I MUCH prefer the Tissot Le Locle in Black with Arabic to anything ORIS offers, although other than that I can't think of a single Swiss maker who makes a dressy watch that I like.

I don't know, but the priority is the diver. Those I actually wear everyday, so they're a worthwhile investment.

TR
Old 11-02-2008, 07:59   #6
The Rampage
Inevitable

There's also a black moonphase, which is something I might consider after I see it in person.

How's this?

It's About Time

It's About Time

TR
Old 11-02-2008, 20:34   #7
eisman
CLM Number 127
ARGH!

I have two Oris, and the diver I've been thining about is the Regulator, because they look good and yet are different. I like the small seconds, that's a nice look. The Complication is not as nicely balanced.

Dressy should follow the KISS principal.
eisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 21:00   #8
USMCsilver
I Like Monkeys

Send a message via AIM to USMCsilver Send a message via Yahoo to USMCsilver
The first one posted gets my vote! Nice lookin' watch (even if it does HIGHLY resemble an Omega).

"Kiss my ass, I bought a boat! I'm goin' out to sea..." (Jimmy Buffett covering Lovett)
USMCsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:28   #9
ranger88
CLM Number 130
Charter Lifetime Member

I'm a big fan of dive style watches (even though I don't dive) due to a perception on my part of durablility and reliability. So my vote would go to #1 of the first set of photos if I were only going to buy one watch for multiple purposes. If I had to choose a watch from these for just dress purposes, I would go with #2 of the second set of photos. Just my two cents. As a side note, any particular reason why you're only considering Oris?

And now I see that TheRampage has probably been banned from this board. Hahahahahahaha........ talking to myself again........

Last edited by ranger88; 07-08-2009 at 08:32..
ranger88 is offline   Reply With Quote