Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:36   #1
The Curmudgeon

TEA Party picnic in Johnson City on 4 July

It will be held at Kiwanis Park, 801 W. Market Street on the Fourth of July.

Here are some details I received in an email:

This 4th of July is "We The People" Reclaiming Our Independence. This is a National Tea Party Day.

This excellent location for us to get our message out to the general public!

Here is a brief overview of the event so far, we will update the home page as we add to our event.

1. This is going to be an all day Family minded event so people can come and go as the holiday requires.

2. Several local bands will be performing live music through out the day.

3. Constitutional / Educational speakers through out the day.

4. Families and friends can enjoy filled activities like, softball, volleyball and horseshoes.

5. You can cookout with your family and friends or bring your own picnic, we will not be providing any food or drinks.

6. No Alcohol or Fireworks are allowed at the park or at this event.

7. We have acquired the whole park for the entire day, we encourage everyone to stay and watch the Johnson City Fireworks.

Spread the word! Stand Up For Our FREEDOM!

http://www.meetup.com/netnteaparty/c...28/?a=cv1p_grp
The Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 16:13   #2
Grayson

THANKS for posting this!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
make it SUPER EASY!

Call the Senate on Bloomberg's dime: 855-440-4800
Grayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 16:59   #3
Grayson

Well, this'll be a 4th to remember! Thanks again for posting this, I'm not sure if I would have noticed the location of this TEA party otherwise.

I think I made a lot of people happy by being there, as I had more than one person tell me how great it was to see a young person there. I agree that the young HAVE to get involved if we have any hope of turning back from the road to ruin that we're on. It's just kind of bittersweet for me in that, well - time hasn't been BAD to me by any stretch, but it's not been as good to me as it could have either. IE, I'm a bit older than I look... Twenty-seven to me is still pretty young, but not REAL young, you know...

There were quite a few young people around though, including some kids. Unfortunately the kids helped illustrate just how little class the Obama-bots (or sheeple in general who think things are fine right now) can have: While doing a tally of how many times those of us holding our signs by the highway had been flipped off (which was far fewer times than we'd gotten an encouraging honk or thumbs-up), one little girl remarked something to the effect of how someone had called us a bad word...

Turnout was decent, I thought...and I only stayed the first 4 hours, I'd imagine more people might show up this evening and tonight (fireworks).

(Oh yeah - just for principle, stopped off and bought some ammo. A box of .22 Mag - and I don't even OWN a .22 Mag at the moment! )

and
make it SUPER EASY!

Call the Senate on Bloomberg's dime: 855-440-4800
Grayson is offline   Reply With Quote