Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:08   #1
logistixz

Found a new outdoor range...

Range 82, Midland VA

www.range82.com

checked it out last night and signed up, its pretty close to where I live (about 30-45 minute drive) and sounds like it has a lot of potential going on what the instructor/RO was telling me if all goes well in the future on how they plan on building it up further, they also hold Sig academy classes there if anybody is interested. i saw they had a 3 gun course i might take in the future
logistixz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 13:54   #2
vafish

I looked into it, but pretty limited shooting hours.

Evenings from 4:30 to 1/2 hour before sunset. For 2-3 months out of the year you won't be able to shoot at all during the week. Then Saturdays only from 12-3 for pistols and 3-6 for rifles. No shooting at all on Sunday.

With a 15 point firing range if people only shoot for an hour each that means 45 people get to shoot pistol and 45 people get to shoot rifle.

By the time they get a couple hundred people signed up you won't be able to use the range.
educate children." -- Confucius
vafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 14:42   #3
logistixz

Understandable about the concerns on the hours they are open, from what i understand the hours they are allowed to be open to the general public are due to the restrictions placed on them by the county, they are a small operation right now and hopefully things will loosen in the future if demand increases. Going on what he told me they had a total of 20 members including me and the other guy that joined that night.
Old 06-27-2009, 15:54   #4
vafish

From my experience with Fairfax county and ranges things will never loosen up, they will only get tighter.
educate children." -- Confucius
vafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 21:31   #5
4570Lever

Ridiculous. I don't need a background check to shoot at Clarks.

Not even an exemption posted for CPL holders. Its bad enough being treated like a criminal buying a gun and getting a CPL. Now its to shoot? F that.
4570Lever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:49   #6
logistixz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4570Lever View Post
Ridiculous. I don't need a background check to shoot at Clarks.

Not even an exemption posted for CPL holders. Its bad enough being treated like a criminal buying a gun and getting a CPL. Now its to shoot? F that.
if you have a ccw you dont need a check its clearly stated. the place is obviously not for everybody but i can understand where the guy is coming from especially if its a new range and he doesnt want just anybody shooting there possibly causing an issue that may cause the county to rethink about letting them remain in business to the public.
Old 06-30-2009, 17:58   #7
4570Lever

Quote:
Originally Posted by logistixz View Post
if you have a ccw you dont need a check its clearly stated. the place is obviously not for everybody but i can understand where the guy is coming from especially if its a new range and he doesnt want just anybody shooting there possibly causing an issue that may cause the county to rethink about letting them remain in business to the public.
Ok, fair enough.

I did see they were on the cover of the Fauq paper the other day, the whole place is in danger of getting zapped by zoning. I would not be risking any money there.

Don't get me wrong, any time a new range pops up its a great thing. This however is poorly executed. Too expensive, lousy hours and doubtful future. I LOVE goin shootin at a new range but this when Clarks is soo close makes their high ammo look reasonable.

Sept thru March with just rifles theres a WMA down the road thats free. hard to find but nice.
4570Lever is offline   Reply With Quote