Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-25-2009, 15:05   #1
lockz20

Creekside firing range is worthless

Does anyone else think that Creekside firing range is as bad as I think it is?
lockz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 15:13   #2
Lotiki
All that is man

Can assume that everyone on this board doesn't live in your neighborhood or even your city and tell us where?

Can you tell us why you think they suck? What happened to make you hate them?
Old 06-25-2009, 15:55   #3
StoneDog

This was posted in The Georgia Club - so I'm guessing Creekside is in Georgia. Just saying...
StoneDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:53   #4
FillYerHands
you son of a

Creekside is a minimal service firing range. I don't know what your needs are but for me and my family they are fine. They have an open outdoor space to shoot at, with a covered pistol / rimfire bay. They have rifle ranges and you can shoot clay targets out over the corn if you want to.

They hold steel challenge matches and sniper matches and other interesting matches that complement my USPSA and GSSF rota.

They have access to certified instructors and in addition to the small stock of things in the shop they can order you anything you need, including Atlanta Arms and Ammo.

I like it because I detest indoor ranges and I want some place I can take my son to shoot and instruct, without feeling like I am going to bump someone's elbows.

YMMV.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Clip? Magazine? Who cares? Take

|
|
Life Member |
FillYerHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 20:42   #5
GooberTim

Care to elaborate??? I've been to Creekside several times (usually for training) & I wish I lived closer to it. Great outdoor facility, knowledgeable staff, reasonable rules. They've always been good to me...? The vast majority of posts I've seen re: Creekside are positive.

Life Member
GooberTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:09   #6
FillYerHands
you son of a

I suspect a troll. 3 total posts and 2 were about this subject.

|
|
Life Member |
Old 07-01-2009, 13:41   #7
moga

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooberTim View Post
Care to elaborate??? I've been to Creekside several times (usually for training) & I wish I lived closer to it. Great outdoor facility, knowledgeable staff, reasonable rules. They've always been good to me...? The vast majority of posts I've seen re: Creekside are positive.
Same here.

What's your beef with Creekside exactly?

ETA: Oh snap! This is my first post at GT! LOL. I didn't realize until now that I've never posted after having this account for all this time.

Last edited by moga; 07-01-2009 at 13:43.. Reason: turtles!
moga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:39   #8
FillYerHands
you son of a

The only beef I have with them (or any gun range) is that they seem to have some type of space time anomaly. An hour there seems to go by in 10 minutes.

Maybe it's me.

|
|
Life Member |
Old 07-05-2009, 11:22   #9
SCC
Member Me

Send a message via Skype™ to SCC
found his 3rd post http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1065602 !!! if you think it is that bad just don't go there ....
SCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 15:44   #10
lockz20

This range is in Taylorsville georgia, outside cartersville. The staff is not very helpfull and did not give me the proper instruction on how to use thier target set up. I did what was instructed by the person who took my money and proceeded to set up my targets and was then yelled at from across the range by a complete stranger who did not identify himself as an employee. This is not the way to treat anyone especially someone who had planned to come out and have a good day shooting and was hoping to find a home range. The way the employees conducted themselves was not safe,or professional in my book and I also noticed unsafe activities on the range. I gave them an honest run and was there 10 minutes and was in danger and insulted. I really was excited about the range and had even been out to support them, before going, with the trouble with the new laws the county is trying to pass. I hate it for the other ranges because I think this guy is going to get them shut down. As far a being what fillyourhands calls a troll I have never been on these forums and was so upset by the experiance at creekside that I felt I had to let other people know how they treat people.
Old 07-06-2009, 15:46   #11
lockz20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillYerHands View Post
I suspect a troll. 3 total posts and 2 were about this subject.
I had to let people know about bad service at creekside. I didn't know them or any other range around there until the day I went.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:05   #12
absoludely

creekside is probably hands down the best range i've ever been to. joe is probably one of the nicest owners i've ever seen running his own place and really putting in the work to make it a better experience for EVERYONE.

when you went to set up your targets, did you make sure the line was cold? you might've not have been instructed but that would seem pretty much common sense unless you like getting shot at?
absoludely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:58   #13
JMB45

lockz20 - how many other ranges have you ever been to? Maybe you just don't know the proper range etiquette. Ask the range manager for some lessons. I am sure they will be glad to instruct you on safe use of the facility.

Supervised, outdoor shooting in Cartersville - sounds nice to me.