Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:51   #1
Pierre!
NRA Life Member

Tucson CCW

Greetings All,

Just returned to the city of my birth, Tucson, and having lived in Nevada for 26 years, kinda need to catch up to what's the process here.

Good to see The Marksman is here on 29th, but was crushed to hear Jensen's was shut down a long time ago... Looks like Pima is still 'the street' for the Gun Stores, but they appear to be scattered all over the place! This is good... (grin)

So, any suggestions for places to shoot, favorite gun stores, and responsible training facilities would be much appreciated!

With my NV CCW I understand that I can carry here, and have been doing so with the exception of restaurants which I do understand has changed recently! Don't know why that lady backed off the 18yrs olds and up can carry concealed with no criminal record... (grin) but it does get quite HOT down here from time to time.

That's all I got for now! Thanks in Advance to the short cuts...
Pierre! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 14:01   #2
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

If you've become an AZ resident again, your NV CCW is no good. Rule of thumb: If you're legally supposed to get AZ plates and DL, you need to get the AZ CCW.

Blackweapons Armory at 5/Rosemont is an up and coming shop, worth a visit. Diamonback Police Supply at Broadway/Kolb is nice and well-stocked. They run quality CCW courses.
Marksman now has two shops; the second is on Prince/Flowing Wells. Not much of a selection, but decent indoor range.

Outdoor shooting is either Reddington Pass or the long drive to 3 Points.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 15:20   #3
rygantor

+1 on all. Second amendment sports is in the old jensens building on Pima, and I have to say I like it better. Nicer staff now, better selection. I still like Murphys guns on Counrty club and Ft.Lowell. I saw there is a new shop where West of the Pecos used to be too. Anyone check it out yet?
rygantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:10   #4
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

"The Armory".

Nice people, attractive shop, nearly zero selection. I was in when they were first opening up, so they may have been able to expand some by now.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:46   #5
Tucson_1

Diamondback Police Supply and Murphy's Guns are my go shops. Diamondback has all the accessories, holsters, ect. and Murphy's has the largest availability of handguns in town. I got excited about the Sportsman's warehouse when they came to town, even bought a couple of firearms from them but have been disappointed lately. They are limiting handgun ammo. to two boxes per customer. Diamondback does not limit and has been good about having supply on hand.
Tucson_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 19:33   #6
Pierre!
NRA Life Member

Thanks for the leads Gents. I will follow up when I become an AZ Citizen again... Till then, I believe I still have CCW privileges while visiting.

Currently looking for a place to get some practice in. Got to speak with Ron Calderon after the 'Gas Man' (guy who turned on our gas service noticed my target stands, he gave Ron my phone #) who is with Tucson Rifle Club.

I have shot with Pima Pistol Club for a USPSA match. That was a nice club, heck of a drive from East Tucson... but then again my old drive was 30 to 45 minutes at times.

Then there is the old Tucson Rod and Gun Club - Working to get a range established on the east side of Tucson. Anyone know how that is working out? Is it anticipated to be turned up anytime soon?

Probably will go check out the Marksman on 29th. Shot there over 26 years ago, and it was decent then...

That's my current situation. Feedback is appreciated!
Old 08-02-2009, 20:26   #7
Tucson_1

If you live East then you may want to check out Southeast Regional Park Shooting Range located northwest of Pima County Fairgrounds. $6 range fee and 25 cent targets.
Old 08-02-2009, 21:36   #8
Pierre!
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucson_1 View Post
If you live East then you may want to check out Southeast Regional Park Shooting Range located northwest of Pima County Fairgrounds. $6 range fee and 25 cent targets.
Good Stuff Tucson_1 !!!

By the way, give a holler if you do more sight changes.. I have a sight pusher for most pistols, even worked on one of my Kimbers. Happy to help a brother out, not looking for $$$ at this time... Just have to figure out which box they are in!!! (LOL)

Appreciate the lead!
Old 08-03-2009, 20:10   #9
Tucson_1

Thanks Pierre! Good to know. I might have to take you up on that offer at some point.