Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:03   #1
.45 guy

Got to leave Ohio

I don't know if this is the place for this. I have lived in Ohio all of my life,and I can't take it any more. This state is Wayyyyy to liberal for me. What about some feedback from around the country. What state is really 2ndA friendly and pretty conservative? There has to be something better than this.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:26   #2
93GT
The Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by .45 guy View Post
I don't know if this is the place for this. I have lived in Ohio all of my life,and I can't take it any more. This state is Wayyyyy to liberal for me. What about some feedback from around the country. What state is really 2ndA friendly and pretty conservative? There has to be something better than this.
Lol, what part of the state are you talking about? SE is quite a bit different than NE.
93GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:35   #3
.45 guy

I'm in Columbus. It's like living in Berkley. Liberal college town. Liberal Mayor in what appears to be a lifetime job. Liberal anti gun city council. Up around Cleveland, they disregard state law and enforce city ordinances that have been told by the court, state law supercedes theirs. I mean the whole state seems to like this. I'm thinking somewhere like Arizona, Utah, Alaska would be nice, just not a pratical move.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:39   #4
bluejackets92fs
I have bad aim

No problems here in SW ohio. Only problem is job market.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:41   #5
jms123

I moved to North Texas from Cleveland 23 years ago.
I love it here.

"For it is in giving that we receive."
St Francis of Assisi
jms123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:41   #6
El_Ron1
AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

Anyplace that can produce flammable rivers can't be all bad.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:49   #7
dreis454

Quote:
Originally Posted by .45 guy View Post
HUH. Try living in CT or Mass,you will be begging to be back in Ohio.
Colt stainless Commander XSE w/VZ grips
S&W M&P Shield 9mm carry
Lee Enfield mkIV no2 .303 British/Remy 870
dreis454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 14:19   #8
93GT
The Ogre

Interesting...never had a problem with Cbus. Different strokes for different folks I suppose. I avoided that type of crowd, bought lots of guns, and enjoyed it while I lived there. After living in CA, VA, WA, NC, FL, and SC, I am thinking Cbus might be the only place I might be willing to move back to out of the ones I have lived in and I normally can't tolerate listening to anti-gun drivel. I can't imagine comparing it to Berkeley, but maybe the job market has finally taken it's toll on the population. I would have to agree with you on the Mayor though. I have nothing against AK, AZ, or UT though my wife might kill me if I tried to move her to AK or UT lol.
Old 08-04-2011, 14:49   #9
Magicmanmb

SC is conservative but also ranks in the bottom 4 for Education, Wages (right to work state i.e. no unions) Cost of living in a coastal county is ungodly high. I've been trying to leave for 5 years but everytime I get the ducks in a row something happens either medically or financial to the house we had in escrow (thanks to Obama & the freeze on buying a foreclosure). Sales tax in Horry County is 9 to 14%. Only advantage is on Black Friday weekend guns are not taxable. Our crime rate is also increasing by the day.
Magicmanmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 15:00   #10
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Social Group Forums
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 21:50   #11
KentuckyPatriot
No BS Here!

Brady typically gives Kentucky F grades...bring yer guns and have a good time with us!
Gen 4: G22, G27; Gen 3: G23, G26, G30s;J-Frames: Model 60 and M&P 340; S&W Bodyguard 380 x2; Ruger LC9 with Laserguard
KentuckyPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:14   #12
.45 guy

Been to Kentucky, Very nice state there. Some one suggested moving out of Columbus propper, might work. The mayor of this town is right now trying to shutdown gun shows. He and city council at one time instituted a city wide "assult weapon registration" (the NRA went to court and got this struck down) Of course we lost our NRA convention because of this. The newspaper The Columbus Dispatch constanly runs anti articles.Our idiot mayor and council is trying to prevent our new restraunt carry bill from taking place in this town. (they can't) They are however working with the restraunt assc. to contact bars and restr, to put up gunbuster sighns. The so called Republican party won't support their own candidate with money and resouces because they know it's a lost cause. Sorry for the long winded ill written bit-----g Just drives me nuts. I'm involved politically, it's like running on a treadmill,going no where.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:25   #13
heyTJ
Giddy up!

Send a message via ICQ to heyTJ
Just curious, will you be taken on this adventure alone or do you have a wife/GF and kids?
If you do, I'm sure she will have some say in this.
Does it matter how the job market is this new location or are you independently wealthy like most of us on this board.

Some times the grass is not as green on the other side, that being said, I'd go to Vermont or New Hampshire.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:29   #14
.45 guy

I'm married,kids grown. She's not crazy about it but she may not have a choice. This isn't something that could happen overnight. I would need to look for for work, sell the house etc. It will take planning, but has to start somewhere though. This isn't just about gun rights either. I need somewhere with other simular conservative views (for the most part)

Last edited by .45 guy; 08-05-2011 at 08:32..
.45 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:44   #15
A6Gator

I feel for you. I still have family there and I used to do my Mom's taxes. You folks pay a lot for the privilege of living in Ohio. TN is much more reasonable.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:45   #16
93GT
The Ogre

Move closer to Marietta, not much in the way of large cities down that way.
Old 08-07-2011, 15:16   #17
DaneA

I moved out of SW Ohio last year because of the lack of job market. As far as restrictions go though, Ohio isn't all that bad. I came to TN because it seems this area is growing and the atmosphere here is much nicer than I have experienced in Ohio. It can be a culture shock though because things do move at a slower pace and the people seem to have a more laid back attitude. Getting things done now usually means sometime in the next week. Where I was in Ohio, now meant yesterday. Anyway, I love the area, much cleaner, nicer, friendlier than Ohio. Of course it could be that after 30 years in SW Ohio I'm a little bias.
DaneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 15:52   #18
2-8 Marine
Limp Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Ron1 View Post
Anyplace that can produce flammable rivers can't be all bad.
And you think the summers are HOT where you live.
Actually the Cuyahoga River hasn't burned in about 35 years or so and it is getting better, slowly. What we really need is some JOBS!

There are three types of people in the world; those that can count and those that can't.
2-8 Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 15:58   #19
wheelman707

TEXAS BABY!!!They love and respect everyones 2nd Amendment !!!!!!!!!
wheelman707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 19:16   #20
Magicmanmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman707 View Post
TEXAS BABY!!!They love and respect everyones 2nd Amendment !!!!!!!!!

+1 for TX If I could stand heat I'd be in Tyler or New Braunfels in a second.
Magicmanmb is offline   Reply With Quote