SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-21-2009, 15:05   #1
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Phone Sen. Webb & Sen. Warner today

Because the Senate is about to vote on the Thune-Vitter amendment which provides for interstate recognition of your CCW permits. Vote YES!

You still have to obey each state's laws, but you no longer need a fat wallet full of non-resident permits. There are other threads debating the advantages and disadvantages of this amendment, so I won't go there here.

Keep their mailboxes full and their phones busy; they are pretending to be blue-dog democrats, but this is where they must fish or cut bait on RKBA..

Sen. Webb (202) 224-4024
Sen. Warner (202) 224-2023

I'll bet nobody gets to talk to a live staff member, they are all afraid of us.
Make them hide in shame, or explain the actions (if any).

Whether you are for or against the amendment, call your senators.
"I was part of a 10-person team at the human genome project that weaponized diseases to fight weaponized diseases. Pathogenic microorganisms with pathogenic microorganisms. Fire with fire. Interdepartmental drinks were had, relationships made..."
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 13:58   #2
lethal tupperwa

And how did our "pro gun senators" vote on this one?

----------------------------------------

GLOCK CERTIFIED ARMORER
lethal tupperwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 14:20   #3
16-17

They both voted for the amendment which fell short by only 2 votes. I have written both via the NRA website thanking them for their support .
16-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 18:28   #4
lethal tupperwa

how carefully orchestrated do you think that vote was?

----------------------------------------

GLOCK CERTIFIED ARMORER
lethal tupperwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 18:35   #5
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethal tupperwa View Post
Harry Reid carefully counted the votes before giving them the go-ahead to join him in a futile gesture to placate fools.
Old 07-22-2009, 19:11   #6
16-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethal tupperwa View Post
They are all lawyers. As in "Never ask a question you don't already know the answer to." So, yeah, I'm sure they knew the answer before the vote was taken. I'm not a fan of, nor did I vote for either Webb or Warner. However I did write twice asking them to support the amendment and in this case, they did the right thing.
16-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 22:34   #7
bleedingshrimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Harry Reid carefully counted the votes before giving them the go-ahead to join him in a futile gesture to placate fools.

So Warner and Webb were damned if they supported it and damned if they didn't?

You can't even applaud a Democrat when they vote in your favor?
Old 07-23-2009, 08:45   #8
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

I'm glad they voted in my favor, and I would have blasted them worse if they hadn't; but I'll hold my applause until I see them vote against Sotomayor.

I won't hold my breath.
"I was part of a 10-person team at the human genome project that weaponized diseases to fight weaponized diseases. Pathogenic microorganisms with pathogenic microorganisms. Fire with fire. Interdepartmental drinks were had, relationships made..."
Old 07-25-2009, 07:16   #9
johnydoe

I received an e-mail from Senetor Mark Warner.

Dear ---,

Thank you for contacting me about Senate Amendment (S. Amdt.) 1618 regarding concealed carry permits. I appreciate the benefit of your views on this amendment.

On July 16, 2009, Senator John Thune (R-SD) introduced S. Amdt. 1618 to the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010 (S. 1390). The amendment would have allowed gun owners who have concealed carry permits from the state in which they reside to carry their firearms into other states, as long as they comply with the laws of that state and meet federal standards. I supported S. Amdt. 1618 because I believe it was consistent with the Second Amendment Constitutional right of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms. I also believe that federal law, combined with Virginia's strong permitting process and other restrictions, would have precluded this change from weakening the Commonwealth's current concealed carry law. In addition, Virginia already has a form of reciprocity regarding concealed carry permits with 25 other states.

With respect to gun control generally, I realize that there are very strong opinions on both sides of the debate around Second Amendment rights. I support public policies that ensure the responsible and appropriate use of guns, as well as efforts to reduce gun-related crimes through increased enforcement and background checks. I recently supported full funding of the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), the only national database that flags individuals who are precluded under current law from purchasing or possessing firearms.

Again, thank you for writing. As we move forward in the 111th Congress, please continue to be in touch with your opinions and concerns.

Sincerely,
MARK R. WARNER
United States Senator
johnydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 13:38   #10
Fungunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
I'm glad they voted in my favor, and I would have blasted them worse if they hadn't; but I'll hold my applause until I see them vote against Sotomayor.

I won't hold my breath.
I've written to them about Sotomayor. Both replies spoke highly of her record and how she was qualified for the position, ignoring her past record on gun issues. I think Warner is more in favor of her than Webb, but both will likely do the bidding of the President on this one, IMO. Perhaps they can be swayed if they get enough negative calls, emails and letters. Webb will be up for election in a couple years.

George Bernard Shaw
Fungunner is offline   Reply With Quote