Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2010, 14:37   #41
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 21,958
Blog Entries: 10


Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglenn63 View Post
Have an AP xxx. Date code LTH.
Has the original Black parts as well.
Debating whether to send it in for the "Update" or to keep it all original.
Any thoughts???
Are you shooting it? If you are, it may be a good thing to do.

What state are you in? Better than sending it to Glock, take it to a GSSF match, the factory armorer there can do it for you, while you wait, free, and you won't have to spend $50+ dollars to send it to Georgia.

Then you can use the money to join GSSF and shoot the match while you're there!

If you're near Minnesota, I can do it for you too.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 15:09   #42
tcglenn63
Member
 
tcglenn63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Are you shooting it? If you are, it may be a good thing to do.

What state are you in? Better than sending it to Glock, take it to a GSSF match, the factory armorer there can do it for you, while you wait, free, and you won't have to spend $50+ dollars to send it to Georgia.

Then you can use the money to join GSSF and shoot the match while you're there!

If you're near Minnesota, I can do it for you too.
Just plinking with it Butch. Don't want to carry it due to the internals.
I'm in Texas, so I'd have to wait until December for San Antonio GSSF.
Would love to update it for carry, but keep the original parts for the value factor.
__________________
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”.
Benjamin Franklin
tcglenn63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 15:49   #43
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 21,958
Blog Entries: 10


Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglenn63 View Post
Just plinking with it Butch. Don't want to carry it due to the internals.
I'm in Texas, so I'd have to wait until December for San Antonio GSSF.
Would love to update it for carry, but keep the original parts for the value factor.
My brain just kicked in......it may be that it has already been upgraded.

The *original* trigger bar in that gun would not have been 'dark', it would have looked like this:
Glock Collector's Club


Check the top edge of the trigger bar extension that pushes up on the firing pin safety, if it's not flat on top, the gun has probably been upgraded. Yes, original upgrade parts were dark colored.

Here's some comparison pics for you:
Glock Collector's Club

Glock Collector's Club

And these are both 'upgrade' trigger bars, one's shiny, and one's not.
Glock Collector's Club
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 16:16   #44
tcglenn63
Member
 
tcglenn63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
My brain just kicked in......it may be that it has already been upgraded.

The *original* trigger bar in that gun would not have been 'dark', it would have looked like this:
Glock Collector's Club


Check the top edge of the trigger bar extension that pushes up on the firing pin safety, if it's not flat on top, the gun has probably been upgraded. Yes, original upgrade parts were dark colored.

Here's some comparison pics for you:
Glock Collector's Club

Glock Collector's Club

And these are both 'upgrade' trigger bars, one's shiny, and one's not.
Glock Collector's Club
Great stuff Butch!
I just tore it down to check, the firing pin, extractor, and trigger bar look like the ones in the "Old" type Picture. (See Attached Pic)
The trigger bar is just as dark as the firing pin and extractor, other than worn spots. I'll say the trigger bar is flat at top, but doesn't have the hook to it, as where the arrow is pointing on your pic.
__________________
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”.
Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by tcglenn63; 08-25-2010 at 15:47..
tcglenn63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 17:02   #45
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 21,958
Blog Entries: 10


Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglenn63 View Post
Great stuff Butch!
I just tore it down to check, the firing pin, extractor, and trigger bar look like the ones in the "Old" type Picture. (See Attached Pic)
The trigger bar is just as dark as the firing pin and extractor, other than worn spots. I'll say the trigger bar is flat at top, but doesn't have the hook to it, as where the arrow is pointing on your pic.
Yup, those are old parts, but I'd say that the trigger bar extension has been altered......probably someone trying to make the trigger better. Too bad they didn't know enough to do the upgrade first. Could be that the trigger bar was replaced after they screwed up on the first attempt too.

How does the firing pin safety look?

If it's gone this long without a problem, it will likely do just fine for plinking till you can get to a GSSF match.....I just HATE the idea of having to pay for expensive overnight shipping just because UPS and FedEx can't keep their employees from stealing handguns otherwise.....we have to pay over twice as much as we should because of their lack of supervision.

Another option is that an FFL dealer can ship it much cheaper via the US Mail, but we can't.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 17:31   #46
tcglenn63
Member
 
tcglenn63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 84
Thanks for the help Butch!
Firing pin safety looks fine to my untrained eye. No dents, dings, or scratches.
Looks like I have a trip to San Antonio in my future.
__________________
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”.
Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by tcglenn63; 07-25-2010 at 17:33..
tcglenn63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 18:02   #47
legion3
Senior Member
 
legion3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Lakeland FL
Posts: 2,331
You can get the upgrade parts from this GB auction.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=180492766

I updated the parts and kept the old "black" internals too.
legion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 18:50   #48
huntermania
NRA LIFE Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Liberty, NY
Posts: 48
my 12 y/o

Daughter has one BT7** she shoots gssf with it got in on an auction site for $300 bucks
__________________
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed;..." Thomas Jefferson
huntermania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 23:14   #49
GoGlock
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 141
I have a TH722 - no idea when that was from ..
__________________
Glock for Life!
GoGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 23:20   #50
GoGlock
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 141
Ahh - missed one - CD603 - geez - didn't think it was that old ..
__________________
Glock for Life!
GoGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 00:10   #51
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 21,958
Blog Entries: 10


Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGlock View Post
I have a TH722 - no idea when that was from ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGlock View Post
Ahh - missed one - CD603 - geez - didn't think it was that old ..
Neither of those prefixes have been added to our serial number project....if you would, call Glock to inquire about when they were made and post them to the project!

Project--> http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=412093
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 14:08   #52
dday27
Senior Member
 
dday27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Okc
Posts: 1,591
Have a AU G17
__________________
The 21 Club #2727 Kalashnikov Club #2727
Black Rifle Club #2727 The Bull Dawgs Club #2727
dday27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 14:24   #53
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 21,958
Blog Entries: 10


Quote:
Originally Posted by dday27 View Post
Have a AU G17
Neat! And I need to get the date from your barrel! It's the three small letters to the far right of the serial number on the barrel.....I'll guess that it's 'ZTH'.

Does the box for it have the little 'fingers' to put ammo in?

Thanks!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 23:38   #54
Glock Whisperer
Member
 
Glock Whisperer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 55
I have an AA G17.
Glock Whisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 18:39   #55
capefearglock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 5
Lowish but not super low serial

Serial #AK 066, G17, all black original internals,trigger bar is a brass color, first I've ever seen, still had gold colored lube, looks like it was test fired with tupperware case and two ancient mags. Bought from the wife of a guy who kept it in a drawer for 20+ years.
capefearglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 21:54   #56
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 21,958
Blog Entries: 10


Quote:
Originally Posted by capefearglock View Post
Serial #AK 066, G17, all black original internals,trigger bar is a brass color, first I've ever seen, still had gold colored lube, looks like it was test fired with tupperware case and two ancient mags. Bought from the wife of a guy who kept it in a drawer for 20+ years.
Nice find!

Did you see post #43 on page 2 of this thread?

Quote:
Lowish but not super low serial
Actually, it's pretty early, it was imported during the second month of importation (one of the third 1000 G17's), and it should have the small diameter 'pencil' barrel.....as well as the plastic 'bullet fingers' in the box.


And if no one has said it yet, welcome to GlockTalk!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:50   #57
tcglenn63
Member
 
tcglenn63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 84
(Butch wrote)
I just HATE the idea of having to pay for expensive overnight shipping just because UPS and FedEx can't keep their employees from stealing handguns otherwise.....we have to pay over twice as much as we should because of their lack of supervision.

Another option is that an FFL dealer can ship it much cheaper via the US Mail, but we can't.[/QUOTE]

Butch,
Broke down and shipped the G17 to Glock two days ago.
Won't be able to make San Antonio GSSF.
Would have cost more than the shipping charge in fuel alone.
Theft was my main concern.
According to shipping track, from Houston to signed for at Glock in Smyrna 16 hrs. later.
Now the turnaround wait begins.
__________________
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”.
Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by tcglenn63; 09-03-2010 at 17:49..
tcglenn63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 17:45   #58
tcglenn63
Member
 
tcglenn63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
I just HATE the idea of having to pay for expensive overnight shipping just because UPS and FedEx can't keep their employees from stealing handguns otherwise.....we have to pay over twice as much as we should because of their lack of supervision.

Another option is that an FFL dealer can ship it much cheaper via the US Mail, but we can't.
Butch,
Broke down and shipped the G17 to Glock two days ago.
Won't be able to make San Antonio GSSF.
Would have cost more than the shipping charge in fuel alone.
Theft was my main concern.
According to shipping track, from Houston to signed for at Glock in Smyrna 16 hrs. later.
Now the turnaround wait begins.[/QUOTE]

Shipped Aug. 25, Arrived Back to me Sept. 3.
Unfortunately I wasn't home, so I have to go pick it up tommorow.
I'll take 9 days turnaround anytime.
Thanks GLOCK.
__________________
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”.
Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by tcglenn63; 09-03-2010 at 17:48..
tcglenn63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 14:20   #59
tcglenn63
Member
 
tcglenn63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 84
Butch,
After receiving my G17 back from Glock, I have noticed the slide not locking back after the last round on an empty Magazine.
I had shipped all the magazines with it, and they were replaced as well as all the internal parts.
I know the captured recoil spring is now a lot stronger than the original non captured spring. Do you think with time the spring may weeken enough for the slide to lock back again???
I notice that the notch on the slide for the stop to catch is minicule compared to my 2nd gen G19 and 2.5 gen G26.
Do you think it would be advisable to file the notch larger???
I know it would cut into the tenifer.
__________________
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”.
Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by tcglenn63; 02-19-2011 at 18:25..
tcglenn63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 14:46   #60
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 21,958
Blog Entries: 10


Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglenn63 View Post
Butch,
After receiving my G17 back from Glock, I have noticed the slide not locking back after the last round on an empty Magazine.
I had shipped all the magazines with it, and they were replaced as well as all the internal parts.
I know the captured recoil spring is now a lot stronger than the original non captured spring. Do you think with time the spring may weeken enough for the slide to lock back again???
I notice that the notch on the slide for the stop to catch is minicule compared to my 2nd gen G19 and 2.5 gen G26.
Do you think it would be advisable to file the notch larger???
I know it would cut into the tenifer.
Wow.....I would have expected them to do that while it was there, but then, I don't suppose they run into that much anymore and the armorer that worked on the gun simply may not have realized it hadn't been done and/or didn't know that it should be done.

Give them a call, maybe you can just send the slide to them, which will be much cheaper.

Glock Collector's Club
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:56.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 982
244 Members
738 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31