Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-30-2009, 23:34   #1
Kolat

Most hideous glock ever?

I ended up with 2 deer tags, one buck, one doe, so I decided my goal for this year will be to take a doe with my G20 since my cousin took a deer last year with his 1911, but it took him 3 shots. So here's some semi gun pron for your pleasure.

Got the scope on it and found a holster that fits it, looks like I'm going bandolier.

I got a AWESOME deal on the scope otherwise it would'nt be a camo one, but if the price is right, fookit.

Hunting, Fishing & Camping
Hunting, Fishing & Camping
T
Kolat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 23:40   #2
Ol Timer
↓ hog hunter ↓

I hope that scope makes you a better shot than your cousin.
Ol Timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 23:51   #3
Targettarget
Oilfield Trash

Yep, you win.
Targettarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 23:53   #4
tadbart
duuuuude.

fugly.

but good luck hunting!

and by the way, that shirt you're wearing under the holster- pretty bad too. and how do you keep the rig from flapping around, with just that one strap? where does it connect? did you just have it unfastened for the picture?

G19
pointy stick
sharp wit

Last edited by tadbart; 07-30-2009 at 23:55..
tadbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 23:57   #5
Critias
CLM Number 236
Freelancer

I don't want to be a wet blanket, but hopefully you'll hit well enough that a deer won't have to go down, hurting, due to a desire to one-up your cousin. I've got nothing at all against hunters, but please do so responsibly and be sure of your shot. Put your target down as quickly and painlessly as possible.
"It seems that the least we owe the hero is that we remember him. Without remembrance, without honor, we cannot expect to have such men when we need them. Without an awareness of what has been done, we do not realize what can be done, nor are we inspired to do that which should be done. "
--Paul Kirchner
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 00:00   #6
paperpunch

The mount looks like it's on backwards. How will the shell eject? Can you flip the mount so you can pull a follow up shot if needed? My old The Accessories mount sits on the left side of the gun

Last edited by paperpunch; 07-31-2009 at 00:04..
paperpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 00:07   #7
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Timer View Post
I hope that scope makes you a better shot than your cousin.

Agreed. Anyone who needs three shots to harvest a game animal has chosen both the wrong firearm and hobby. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 00:13   #8
Kolat

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperpunch View Post
The mount looks like it's on backwards. How will the shell eject? Can you flip the mount so you can pull a follow up shot if needed? My old The Accessories mount sits on the left side of the gun
Yea it'll eject, it ends up pretty much flush with the face of the barrel so when the slide goes back it kicks the brass out good.

T
Old 07-31-2009, 00:18   #9
paperpunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolat View Post
Yea it'll eject, it ends up pretty much flush with the face of the barrel so when the slide goes back it kicks the brass out good.

T
Gottcha, just looks real tight.
paperpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 00:29   #10
ssax

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperpunch View Post
Gottcha, just looks real tight.
The slide moves backwards. I understand now too. I saw that a while ago and thought somehow it went through that little slot in the mount. Imanidjut.
Old 07-31-2009, 00:41   #11
glock19_fan
... --- ...

Hmmm, this was posted by another infamous GT member a few weeks back...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
:-)

Read
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
!!!

Last edited by glock19_fan; 09-01-2009 at 01:10..
glock19_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 00:48   #12
deadday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias View Post
I don't want to be a wet blanket, but hopefully you'll hit well enough that a deer won't have to go down, hurting, due to a desire to one-up your cousin. I've got nothing at all against hunters, but please do so responsibly and be sure of your shot. Put your target down as quickly and painlessly as possible.
....what he said...
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 00:53   #13
ssax

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock19_fan View Post
Hmmm, this was posted by another infamous GT member a few weeks back...
Mr. gpracer's hummer glock. He will never forget it... or should I say... we will never let him forget it.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:15   #14
Regular Joe

Another vote for gpracers Humming Glock. This scoped thing is pretty grotesque though. I should hope that the shooter is careful in his load selection. Check this: http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/10mm.html and see that performance is acceptable for deer hunting with only a couple of loads. I would be trying to equal the Cor-Bon or Buffalo Bore loads.
Why a scope? I've always believed that handgun hunting should be limited to about the same ranges as bow hunting, with much the same techniques. Even when I had a Ruger Super Redhawk with a 9" barrel and a 5x Burris mounted, I held to a max. range of 50 yards for game. Open sites make that just as feasible, much more reliable, and altogether more sensible, on a G-20.
I do like your thinking with the compensator beyond the muzzle, rather than behind, so you get the full ballistic advantage of your barrel length.
Regular Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:37   #15
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by critias View Post
i don't want to be a wet blanket, but hopefully you'll hit well enough that a deer won't have to go down, hurting, due to a desire to one-up your cousin. I've got nothing at all against hunters, but please do so responsibly and be sure of your shot. Put your target down as quickly and painlessly as possible.
+1,000
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:43   #16
G36's Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
Agreed. Anyone who needs three shots to harvest a game animal has chosen both the wrong firearm and hobby. HH
So I take it you don't have a clue about hunting or actually killing animals then...
G36's Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:48   #17
WileyG27
Got beans?

Quote:

That's what they use the scope for, more precise targeting = quicker, merciful death. That, and you don't have to follow a bloodtrail for 3 miles waiting on it to finally die.

I hate when supper runs off....

Old 07-31-2009, 14:55   #18
Kolat

Quote:
As nice as it is to shoot a deer and have it run over to your truck and lay down so that you can shoot it again and kill it, I've found that it's 50/50 that the other option is that they run 10 times as far off into the woods into an area that is densely timbered, it's just not worth the chance of extra work. And fyi I prefer the archery kill zone shot with a rifle over the shoulder shot that a lot of people take with a rifle. It ruins less meat, and the internal bleeding into the chest cavity makes the meat taste better.

T