Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 08:04   #1
horge
Lifetime Membership
-=-=-=-=-

PAKIUSAP SA LAHAT : the GlockTalk TOS (terms of service)

It seems we have a problem here, one that affects all of GlockTalk.
Basically, the GlockTalk Terms of Service (TOS) page vanished during
the last server change.

This is a problem discussed in the staff-only accesss forum, and I request
that Doc Alvin and Pres. Mike visit this staff-only-access thread:
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=957940\
so that the BoGs know I'm not just pulling forum rules out of my ass.

The thread reproduces the most recent known iteration of the TOS, from
when it was posted by EddieC, before his health took a turn for the worse,
and before GT's server change.

The thread is indeed staff-only access, but I'll reproduce EddieC's reiteration
of Eric's expanded TOS here and now:

"Glock Talk's Posting Rules and TOS for Members

Everyone that posts here is expected to follow the few simple posting rules that exist here,
and that they agreed to when they first registered.

Here are the highlights:

1. No illegal message content.

2. No foul language. We are trying to maintain a family environment and such language is not appropriate.
Also, do not post curse words that are deliberately misspelled or have special characters inserted in them
to avoid the bad word filter.

3. No rude or abusive language and No flame wars are allowed here. It is possible to disagree with someone
without getting rude.

4. Posts with racist or extremist comments or content are not allowed. That includes links to sites with such
content.

5. Absolutely NO racial, religious, or sexual bigotry is allowed at any time. Don't lower yourself into dragging
someones ethnicity or sexual orientation into an argument or disagreement.

6. Unsolicited posts by companies and/or individuals advertising products are not allowed. (Please email
sales@glocktalk.com for info. on becoming a sponsor.)

7. Posts with sexually suggestive or explicit content are not allowed. That includes links to sites with such
content.

8. Do NOT reopen threads pertaining to subjects that had previous threads closed.

9. Do NOT post the same or similar thread in multiple forums. Select the forum best suited for the topic and
post it there. Multiple postings with the same subject matter by the same member will not be allowed.

10. Do not post or link to content containing graphic depictions of injury or death to people or animals.

11. We do not allow anyone to be registered under more than ONE member name. There is absolutely NO
reason to have an extra account unless it is used for trolling purposes. If you are found to have more than
one account, you will risk losing ALL of your accounts.

12. Avatars of your own choosing are allowed for 'Senior Members', as long as they are tasteful in content,
and conform to the rules above. The Administrators and Moderators DO NOT want members using the avatar
system to make extremely bigoted personal, religious, or political statements. They should be used to express
your likes, loves, and individuality.

13. Signature lines fall under the same rules and regulations as your avatars. If your signature line doesn't
meet the above rules, it isn't allowed.

14. List ALL 'FOR SALE' items in the proper 'Want Ads' forum. You are NOT to list items for sale in any other
part of the site. Find the proper category for your item and list it there. DO NOT use other forums, such as
State forums, General Non-Glocking, General Glocking, or Non-Glock Firearms, to sell anything. This also
pertains to items you seek that are 'Wanted to Buy'. Put these in the 'Wanted to Buy' forum in the Want Ads
area ONLY. Also, DO NOT post a 'link' to 'For Sale' ads you may have on other boards, such as GunBroker or
GunsAmerica. Links in other forums hold the same weight as Ads themselves, they aren't allowed.

15.We ask that you keep your bumps and BTT's (Back To Top's) in the 'For Sale'/'Want Ad' section to one
(1) a day. We want everyone to have a chance at the first page. Anyone found to be BTT-ing too often will
have their ads removed.

16. Eric will not allow Glock Talk to be used to deliberately trash, denigrate, or malign another forum or site.
DO NOT drag your board wars over to this site. If you do so, it will jeopardize your account on Glock Talk.

Eric has said that everyone is welcome to hang out here and express their opinions, but we expect anyone
that chooses to post, to do so within the confines of the posting rules above. We reserve the right to close,
edit, or remove any post or thread that violates the rules here. Anyone that repeatedly violates the rules will
not be allowed to participate here. You can disagree with someone, just do so like an adult.

17. Cheesecake/beefcake threads and posts are not allowed here. If you want to look at or post pictures of
scantily-clad women (or men) please do so elsewhere. This isn't the place for it.

Above all else, we expect people to be treated with RESPECT!

Thank you."

I would ask everyone to review the TOS.
Be assured we have been trying to get a copy of the TOS back up, but
we're just mods. Malas talaga and the admins have been busy with many,
more serious problems, and so,hindi pa na ire-repost as a proper GT page
ang TOS.

I want to sympathize with the desire to express, or even to vent, because
expression is in large measure what we're here for. However, when any
participation runs afoul of the TOS, I have to act. Trabajo lang, and I wish
to God vega hadn't turned down this damn job, or I'd be freer to rant like
I used to, and not feel like some oppressive parasite on an otherwise happy
creature.

Let's be clear, though: exposing an unethical vendor protects fellow BoGs
from victimization, but the unpalatable behavior of some other forum's staff
generally does not pose any real danger to warn against, and posting about
it here violates #16 of the TOS reproduced above.

Just so you all know:
I will be handing in my resignation as mod, and walking away.
Mike (jmy) knows how frustrated I feel here. I'd already sort of brought up
quitting, with Admin Sharon (Mrs. VR) , but perhaps for the same reason
that the GT TOS can't be properly posted, my status is unchanged.

You all have a real good day, now.

h.
-BoG Hog #12
-Model 1911 Club member #111

Last edited by horge; 08-06-2009 at 01:48..
Old 08-06-2009, 08:51   #2
jmy
Lifetime Membership
Still Alive

[QUOTE=horge;13516816]It seems we have a problem here, one that affects all of GlockTalk.
Basically, the GlockTalk Terms of Service (TOS) page vanished during
the last server change.

This is a problem discussed in the staff-only accesss forum, and I request
that Doc Alvin and Pres. Mike visit this staff-only-access thread:
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=957940\
so that the BoGs know I'm not just pulling forum rules out of my ass.

The thread reproduces the most recent known iteration of the TOS, from
when it was posted by EddieC, before his health took a turn for the worse,
and before GT's server change.

The thread is indeed staff-only access, but I'll reproduce EddieC's reiteration
of Eric's expanded TOS here and now:

"Glock Talk's Posting Rules and TOS for Members

Everyone that posts here is expected to follow the few simple posting rules that exist here,
and that they agreed to when they first registered.

Here are the highlights:

1. No illegal message content.

2. No foul language. We are trying to maintain a family environment and such language is not appropriate.
Also, do not post curse words that are deliberately misspelled or have special characters inserted in them
to avoid the bad word filter.

3. No rude or abusive language and No flame wars are allowed here. It is possible to disagree with someone
without getting rude.

4. Posts with racist or extremist comments or content are not allowed. That includes links to sites with such
content.

5. Absolutely NO racial, religious, or sexual bigotry is allowed at any time. Don't lower yourself into dragging
someones ethnicity or sexual orientation into an argument or disagreement.

6. Unsolicited posts by companies and/or individuals advertising products are not allowed. (Please email
sales@glocktalk.com for info. on becoming a sponsor.)

7. Posts with sexually suggestive or explicit content are not allowed. That includes links to sites with such
content.

8. Do NOT reopen threads pertaining to subjects that had previous threads closed.

9. Do NOT post the same or similar thread in multiple forums. Select the forum best suited for the topic and
post it there. Multiple postings with the same subject matter by the same member will not be allowed.

10. Do not post or link to content containing graphic depictions of injury or death to people or animals.

11. We do not allow anyone to be registered under more than ONE member name. There is absolutely NO
reason to have an extra account unless it is used for trolling purposes. If you are found to have more than
one account, you will risk losing ALL of your accounts.

12. Avatars of your own choosing are allowed for 'Senior Members', as long as they are tasteful in content,
and conform to the rules above. The Administrators and Moderators DO NOT want members using the avatar
system to make extremely bigoted personal, religious, or political statements. They should be used to express
your likes, loves, and individuality.

13. Signature lines fall under the same rules and regulations as your avatars. If your signature line doesn't
meet the above rules, it isn't allowed.

14. List ALL 'FOR SALE' items in the proper 'Want Ads' forum. You are NOT to list items for sale in any other
part of the site. Find the proper category for your item and list it there. DO NOT use other forums, such as
State forums, General Non-Glocking, General Glocking, or Non-Glock Firearms, to sell anything. This also
pertains to items you seek that are 'Wanted to Buy'. Put these in the 'Wanted to Buy' forum in the Want Ads
area ONLY. Also, DO NOT post a 'link' to 'For Sale' ads you may have on other boards, such as GunBroker or
GunsAmerica. Links in other forums hold the same weight as Ads themselves, they aren't allowed.

15.We ask that you keep your bumps and BTT's (Back To Top's) in the 'For Sale'/'Want Ad' section to one
(1) a day. We want everyone to have a chance at the first page. Anyone found to be BTT-ing too often will
have their ads removed.

16. Eric will not allow Glock Talk to be used to deliberately trash, denigrate, or malign another forum or site.
DO NOT drag your board wars over to this site. If you do so, it will jeopardize your account on Glock Talk.

Eric has said that everyone is welcome to hang out here and express their opinions, but we expect anyone
that chooses to post, to do so within the confines of the posting rules above. We reserve the right to close,
edit, or remove any post or thread that violates the rules here. Anyone that repeatedly violates the rules will
not be allowed to participate here. You can disagree with someone, just do so like an adult.

17. Cheesecake/beefcake threads and posts are not allowed here. If you want to look at or post pictures of
scantily-clad women (or men) please do so elsewhere. This isn't the place for it.

Above all else, we expect people to be treated with RESPECT!

Thank you."

I would ask everyone to review the TOS.
Be assured we have been trying to get a copy of the TOS back up, but
we're just mods. Malas talaga and the admins have been busy with many,
more serious problems, and so,hindi pa na ire-repost as a proper GT page
ang TOS.

I want to sympathize with the desire to express, or even to vent, because
expression is in large measure what we're here for. However, when any
participation runs afoul of the TOS, I have to act. Trabajo lang, and I wish
to God vega hadn't turned down this damn job, or I'd be freer to rant like
I used to, and not feel like some oppressive parasite on an otherwise happy
creature.

Let's be clear, though: exposing an unethical vendor protects fellow BoGs
from victimization, but the unpalatable behavior of some other forum's staff
generally does not pose any real danger to warn against, and posting about
it here violates #16 of the TOS reproduced above.

Noted and Approved.
Thanks.

Closed Thread