Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-07-2013, 21:57   #1
raven11

Didnt realize how popular stockless AK are overseas

I'm currently in the Lao P.D.R on a study abroad and we are currently residing near the goverment district / politburo building and all of the guards I've seen so far except the ones standing at attention at the Ministry of Defence have stockless AK

( while I know glocktalk loves pictures, these aren't the guys to take photo ops with , I look local so they don't mess with me much but once I take a picture then comes then comes the ID check , then comes the realization of I'm not local so here comes the visa check, then comes the 20 questions why as a foreigner I'm taking photos of security at a goverment building etc.)

I always thought stockless ak were the result of our gun laws and not used overseas but after seeing all of the soldiers with stockless ak I might be open to the idea of having one in the future

So for those who have traveled overseas how common are stockless AK in Europe and the rest of Asia?
Old 07-07-2013, 23:01   #2
HWI

Stocks are useless to those who don't know how to actually aim a rifle.
The reason people don't remove the stocks from the rifles here is because it's not practical at all.
HWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 14:09   #3
WayaX
Lifetime Membership

I have heard that in the middle east (Iraq), when some police/ING units get new rifles, the first thing they do is remove the stocks. It is apparently womenly to use a stock on a rifle in their culture.
"Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph."

-Haile Selassie I
WayaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 17:30   #4
Comrade Bork

!

My understanding of the mindset is, "Since Allah is on my side, Allah will direct the bullet to the infidel who is my target. Therefore, I do not need to aim; all I have to do is shoot in the general direction of my target and Allah will do the rest. Whether my rifle has a stock or not is not relevent".

Literally, Spray and Pray.

Or more accurately, Pray and Spray.

Sorry. I'll go by the Western rule. "God helps those who help themselves".

And keep my rifles stocked, and use my sights, thank you very much.

Last edited by Comrade Bork; 07-08-2013 at 17:30..
Comrade Bork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 16:53   #5
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

Folding stocks were the hot thing for many years (still are) due to their general handiness, and yes, their Inshallah aiming technique where they generally weren't going to use it anyways.

Guys who weren't cool enough to get a folding stock model simply removed the stock to achieve the same effect.

Consider it an idiot broadcasting message. If you see one, outside about 20m the guy is not your primary threat, take care of the ones who look like they have a clue first.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote