GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 16:34   #81
lehigh
Member
 
lehigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ne pa
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiibbb View Post
Is there any way to ascertain the manufacture date? My brother gave me his MAK 90 years ago when we lived in the same state and he was getting stationed in Illinois. Now we live in different states and I am headed to New York in a few months.

I know the MAK90 is compliant with NY laws, and I have 3 or 4 five-rounders but I can't figure out how to tell if the 30-round mags that my brother gave me with it are legal to possess in NY (Their AWB date is September 1994).
There is no good way to tell. A bill of sale is the only real way to tell when he got them.
Lehigh..
__________________
Thow the cow over the fence some hay.
Der erscht scuss wu mer aus re neire flint schist macht nix dod.
lehigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 17:29   #82
iiibbb
Senior Member
 
iiibbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,791


Quote:
Originally Posted by lehigh View Post
There is no good way to tell. A bill of sale is the only real way to tell when he got them.
Lehigh..
Thanks

To be safe I think I'll send them to my brother in Ohio
iiibbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 19:40   #83
im_n2_vws
Senior Member
 
im_n2_vws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sardinia, Ohio
Posts: 130
You need to identify what you have. And aren't most surplus steel mags pre-ban ayway? I know all the Russian ones are, evan the bakelites are.
__________________
NRA life member
G-17 1st gen. AW prefix/G-17 RTF2 w/gills
G-21 2.5 gen./G-19 3rd gen. od green
G-36 3rd gen
im_n2_vws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 17:06   #84
iiibbb
Senior Member
 
iiibbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,791


Quote:
Originally Posted by im_n2_vws View Post
You need to identify what you have. And aren't most surplus steel mags pre-ban ayway? I know all the Russian ones are, evan the bakelites are.
These are Chinese I think.
iiibbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 17:50   #85
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 56,079


Hmmm...where can I get some of the Polish Radom plastic mags?
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 18:09   #86
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member
 
Glockdude1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Beaumont,Texas
Posts: 26,976


Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Hmmm...where can I get some of the Polish Radom plastic mags?
$20

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=282082620

__________________
"Some People Are Like Slinkies. They're Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring a Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glockdude1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:54   #87
im_n2_vws
Senior Member
 
im_n2_vws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sardinia, Ohio
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiibbb View Post
These are Chinese I think.
If they are the modern chinese mags from AIM they are not pre- ban. If they say made in China or China on the floorplate, I'm pretty sure they are pre-ban.
__________________
NRA life member
G-17 1st gen. AW prefix/G-17 RTF2 w/gills
G-21 2.5 gen./G-19 3rd gen. od green
G-36 3rd gen
im_n2_vws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 14:11   #88
iiibbb
Senior Member
 
iiibbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,791


Quote:
Originally Posted by im_n2_vws View Post
If they are the modern chinese mags from AIM they are not pre- ban. If they say made in China or China on the floorplate, I'm pretty sure they are pre-ban.
China on the floorplate. I'm sure these were acquired when the rifle was purchased. The problem is proving it. I don't have any proof of anything. This rifle doesn't figure into anything for me except a range plaything on occasion.
iiibbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 19:23   #89
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 56,079


Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockdude1 View Post
Oops, wrong caliber.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 16:26   #90
pthomas65
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
Great article Carlos. I have been trying for weeks to find a page like this, never thought I would find it on Glock Talk.
pthomas65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 14:26   #91
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 1,776
I don't have time to read the whole thread, so I may have missed this. The steel mags that came with my WASR have the triangle with upward arrow symbol that is on the receiver. Pictures later.
eyelikeglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 14:53   #92
pthomas65
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
Those are Russian mags made from the Iszmsk (sp) factory. Good mags, I have a couple I use with my PolyTech
pthomas65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 19:05   #93
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthomas65 View Post
Those are Russian mags made from the Iszmsk (sp) factory. Good mags, I have a couple I use with my PolyTech
Is this for me? Because the same symbol is on the rear trunnion(?), yet it also says Cugir Romania.
The Kalashnikov Klub

Last edited by eyelikeglasses; 04-25-2012 at 19:23..
eyelikeglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 19:12   #94
im_n2_vws
Senior Member
 
im_n2_vws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sardinia, Ohio
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelikeglasses View Post
Is this for me? Because the same symbol is on the rear trunnion(?), yet it also says Cugir Romania.
If it looks like the second picture down on this page a triangle with an arrow in it, it's a Russian IZHMASH "IZZY" mag.
__________________
NRA life member
G-17 1st gen. AW prefix/G-17 RTF2 w/gills
G-21 2.5 gen./G-19 3rd gen. od green
G-36 3rd gen
im_n2_vws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 19:24   #95
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by im_n2_vws View Post
If it looks like the second picture down on this page a triangle with an arrow in it, it's a Russian IZHMASH "IZZY" mag.
Thanks for the mag answer. But what about the mark on the rifle^^^^^^Same symbol on both.

And great thread OP.

Last edited by eyelikeglasses; 04-25-2012 at 19:28..
eyelikeglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 19:32   #96
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by im_n2_vws View Post
If it looks like the second picture down on this page a triangle with an arrow in it, it's a Russian IZHMASH "IZZY" mag.
Exact symbol.
eyelikeglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 17:46   #97
AustinTx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tx
Posts: 8,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiibbb View Post
Is there any way to ascertain the manufacture date? My brother gave me his MAK 90 years ago when we lived in the same state and he was getting stationed in Illinois. Now we live in different states and I am headed to New York in a few months.

I know the MAK90 is compliant with NY laws, and I have 3 or 4 five-rounders but I can't figure out how to tell if the 30-round mags that my brother gave me with it are legal to possess in NY (Their AWB date is September 1994).
The US 10 round ban required all mags made after Sept. 1994 to be marked with the manufactured date. If there ain't no date it should be legal (except certain peculiar states). Such as NY.
AustinTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:22   #98
im_n2_vws
Senior Member
 
im_n2_vws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sardinia, Ohio
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelikeglasses View Post
Is this for me? Because the same symbol is on the rear trunnion(?), yet it also says Cugir Romania.
The Kalashnikov Klub
My guess is your front and rear trunion are russian? And your receiver is Romanian.
__________________
NRA life member
G-17 1st gen. AW prefix/G-17 RTF2 w/gills
G-21 2.5 gen./G-19 3rd gen. od green
G-36 3rd gen
im_n2_vws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 17:04   #99
kahoys
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 677
Cool post

tagged for reference.
kahoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 21:48   #100
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by im_n2_vws View Post
My guess is your front and rear trunion are russian? And your receiver is Romanian.
I've been searching the heck outta this, and no luck. It's a shooter though!
As an aside, I met a new local gunshop startup, who sold me my 1st 1911. He is a Detective for our SO. Anyway, it was very nice to interact with a LEO out of uniform. He has helped change my stereotype of you guys. It's great that I/anyone can learn something new everyday.
eyelikeglasses is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:09.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 786
188 Members
598 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42