SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-24-2009, 15:10   #1
Arr6
.com

Questions re florida permit

Its been a little over a month that the check was cleared. Question is, if there was any discrepancy in my application, would I have been notified by now?

Should I just assume everything is good to go at this point and wait for it to come?
Surefire E1B Backup || Emerson CQC-15
Sub Club #38 :: Black Rifle Club #96
Arr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:31   #2
Jon_R
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arr6 View Post
Its been a little over a month that the check was cleared. Question is, if there was any discrepancy in my application, would I have been notified by now?

Should I just assume everything is good to go at this point and wait for it to come?
My wife submitted in Jan 09 and was notified in June that there was a problem. In her case she did not list employer because she was unemployed at the time. She finally got the permit a few weeks ago. From what I have seen they are moving a lot faster now.
Jon_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:59   #3
G19Pistolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_R View Post
My wife submitted in Jan 09 and was notified in June that there was a problem. In her case she did not list employer because she was unemployed at the time. She finally got the permit a few weeks ago. From what I have seen they are moving a lot faster now.
Weird I just double checked my application and they asked for occupation but not employer?

-J.-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: ****** me, hold tight. What's that?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: It's me belt, Turkish.

: No Tommy.There's a gun in your trousers.What's a gun doing in your trousers?

: It's for protection.

: Protection from what? "Zee Germans"?
G19Pistolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:06   #4
Jon_R
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Pistolero View Post
Weird I just double checked my application and they asked for occupation but not employer?

-J.-
Maybe it was occupation she didn't fill out. I didn't fill it out for her and didn't look at the letter from them about the issue but it took 5 months from when she sent it until they pointed out the problem.
Jon_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:54   #5
U-phorik407
'Night Michelle

Send a message via Yahoo to U-phorik407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_R View Post
Maybe it was occupation she didn't fill out. I didn't fill it out for her and didn't look at the letter from them about the issue but it took 5 months from when she sent it until they pointed out the problem.
Correct, it is occupation, not employer, for some reason this one sticks out in my mind... It's been about a month since they cashed the check for me, nothing yet. From what I'm hearing though the process is going a little faster so if there is something wrong with your application it may be 2-3 months in rather than 5 months.
Florida Glockers #131
U-phorik407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 15:00   #6
Dogue
Trouble Maker

Wife's took just under 3 mths to arrive (just a week ago) so they are catching up. If there are any problems you'll probably know by the end of month 2.

Enjoy the wait.
Dogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:05   #7
G19Pistolero

That's encouraging I sent mine in last week...

J.

Old 08-27-2009, 13:23   #8
BSG62
Pistolero

My boss sent his application off 3 weeks ago, and his license came in yesterday. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen the application packet go in the mail with my own two eyes.
Perhaps they are getting caught up?

BSG62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 13:28   #9
Tactical black

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSG62 View Post
My boss sent his application off 3 weeks ago, and his license came in yesterday. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen the application packet go in the mail with my own two eyes.
Perhaps they are getting caught up?
sound like they are
Tactical black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 15:28   #10
gatorider
NRA Member

3 weeks, WOW! either they hired more personnel or applications have dropped off considerably.
Old 08-27-2009, 16:35   #11
BSG62
Pistolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorider View Post
3 weeks, WOW! either they hired more personnel or applications have dropped off considerably.
Yeah, for real. I was seriously shocked. Another co-worker sent theirs off the same day, I'm curious as to when that one is going to show up.

BSG62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:57   #12
G19Pistolero

Wow that's great news...I sent mine in last week and they cashed the check today...here's hoping for 2-3 weeks delivery time

-J.-