GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-30-2009, 16:15   #61
Atomic Punk

im not saying anything on the validity of the story. but the last house i was living in or something similar might be a close arangement to what the op had, or at least something that might fit with the story better.

Tactics and Training
Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 16:28   #62
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

I guess he did some remolding from the time he posted this until his "gunfight".

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...&postcount=147

Quote:
I have a couple hidden thru out my house.

A glock 19 under my computer station were i work held up by a "Fast Holster" Magnet,

A Springfield XD 9mm in a kitchen drawer under a silverware organizer

A Taurus PT92 under the sink mounted with a Magnetic Fast holster

A Mini Mac 11 On 2 Magnetic Mounts next to my mattress against the wall fully loaded with 32 and one in the hole..

Hungarian AK 47 in behind my spare room door.

Basically scattered throughout my house to cover every part of the house no matter were I am
And look he owns a Hungarian AK 47 just like the BG's left in his house!
Old 08-30-2009, 17:12   #63
Deployment Solu
Kydex Crafter

Of course it is FICTION. Didn't you hear the part where he said the house security alarm went off, right?? Well, no where did it say he got that call withing 3 seconds from Brinks security asking if he was OK!!!!!

We all know that IMMEDIATELY after your house alarm goes off that you will get a call that says in a calm even voice " Hi!, this is ___ from Brinks Home Security, are you OK???"

The world needs less victims and more victors!!!!!
Deployment Solu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 17:50   #64
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Pretty soon the OP is going to post the original story (with the ill side effect of making his real persona known on GT) and all of you naysayers will be eating face egg for a long time!

In the meanwhile I have taken the liberty of searching for all of his former posts and archiving them....
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 17:59   #65
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Pretty soon the OP is going to post the original story (with the ill side effect of making his real persona known on GT) and all of you naysayers will be eating face egg for a long time!
is that going to be a coherent story this time?

Frankly I have had interviews with crack heads that could tell a more coherent story.

Old 08-30-2009, 18:38   #66
blueiron

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Drew View Post

In the meanwhile I have taken the liberty of searching for all of his former posts and archiving them....

I'd love to see a .pdf copy of the police incident report, since they can easily be posted online. After all, they are a public record and nothing in them can be withheld from the criminal defense attorneys or the civil attorneys hired by the plaintiffs.
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 19:03   #67
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
I'd love to see a .pdf copy of the police incident report, since they can easily be posted online. After all, they are a public record and nothing in them can be withheld from the criminal defense attorneys or the civil attorneys hired by the plaintiffs.
Again, not in this person's defense, but there is "public" and there is "hanging your ass out in public". I'd be satisfied with just a brief bit of info on which state, and the date when this occurred.

And again, I would too like to see a cut n dried (civil) case where someone attempted to rob someone else using deadly force, broke into their dwelling, engaged in a shootout, and brought a suit against the lawful occupant of the dwelling.

Yeah, I've seen a case (NYC) where some guy robbed a granny, she put a round in his elbow, and now he's suing saying it wasn't him...but I have yet to see any real civil cases as outlined by me.

There are a bunch of inconsistencies in the OP's narration of what transpired, I chalk that up to how real life works. I eagerly await an update from the OP with the state and the date when this occurred.

'Drew
Old 08-30-2009, 19:09   #68
holyjohnson

i like dragoon`s version better.
Old 08-30-2009, 19:11   #69
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
I chalk that up to how real life works.
in the immediate aftermath of a traumatic incident you may have trouble telling a coherent story.

But weeks or months later there is no such excuse.
Old 08-30-2009, 19:18   #70
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
in the immediate aftermath of a traumatic incident you may have trouble telling a coherent story.

But weeks or months later there is no such excuse.

Dude, WTF are you messing with my "good cop" role? Are you gonna be bad cop, or are you gonna be "explain away everything cop"?

YOU'RE supposed to be calling BS to everything.
I'm supposed to offer a little sympathy and understanding, so we can wrap this up in 48 minutes, just like on Law n Order...

Old 08-30-2009, 19:24   #71
blueiron

Quote:
Again, not in this person's defense, but there is "public" and there is "hanging your ass out in public". I'd be satisfied with just a brief bit of info on which state, and the date when this occurred.

And again, I would too like to see a cut n dried (civil) case where someone attempted to rob someone else using deadly force, broke into their dwelling, engaged in a shootout, and brought a suit against the lawful occupant of the dwelling.

Yeah, I've seen a case (NYC) where some guy robbed a granny, she put a round in his elbow, and now he's suing saying it wasn't him...but I have yet to see any real civil cases as outlined by me.

There are a bunch of inconsistencies in the OP's narration of what transpired, I chalk that up to how real life works. I eagerly await an update from the OP with the state and the date when this occurred.

'Drew

There is nothing in a LE report that is hidden from attorneys of either side [civil or criminal], other than SSN, DOB, addresses, and some related personal information. Anything having to do with an incident is free and clear information to the attorneys.

The person that posted this 'incident' is not some police officer or military combatant who has been involved in hundreds of traumatic incidents or shootouts. Anyone who has not been in a large number of gunfights is going to recall the relevant facts of them. I certainly do of mine. He cannot claim a recall deficit, unless he has a historic and significant brain injury.

There are so many holes in this "incident", it looks like a downrange skeethouse at an old clay sports center.
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 19:24   #72
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Dude, WTF are you messing with my "good cop" role? Are you gonna be bad cop, or are you gonna be "explain away everything cop"?

YOU'RE supposed to be calling BS to everything.
I'm supposed to offer a little sympathy and understanding, so we can wrap this up in 48 minutes, just like on Law n Order...

a phone book is more effective.

Old 08-30-2009, 19:44   #73
4570Lever

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTockTheGlock View Post
I hear from outside tires and gravel drive off.

I stay in position for what felt a lifetime...
I hear
"Police.. Police!"
and a loud scuffle and take down.. bodys hitting the floor and weapons being drawn.

They caught the 4 men at the hospital with different clothes on. One died. One seriously wounded..
Ok, so I'm confused.

1. They drove off;
2. They were taken down at the scene;
3. They were caught at the hospital...

Which?
4570Lever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 19:54   #74
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4570Lever View Post
Ok, so I'm confused.

1. They drove off;
2. They were taken down at the scene;
3. They were caught at the hospital...

Which?
In the dining room with the pipe wrench...
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 21:33   #75
JimBianchi
CLM Number 25
Da Da

Dragoon was an investigator for longer than many of us have carried a gun.
You won't get away with much once he starts asking questions!

A link to a police report or a news blurb would settle this.

But my Spidey Sense tells my this is a whopper, not a winner.
SAF

The scariest words in the English language: I'm from the government and I'm here to help! President Ronald Reagan
JimBianchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:54   #76
TrooperBrian

Send a message via AIM to TrooperBrian Send a message via MSN to TrooperBrian
You've GOT to be kidding me. He posted his story here for people to LEARN from, not to question his every move and story. There is a time and a place for everything, and this is certainly not the place to be questioning the legitimacy of a story such as this. If someone told you their grandma died, you would comfort them and talk, not ask them to show a death certificate.

So back off.
Black Rifle Club #419
TrooperBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:07   #77
greenman19

what did we learn?

i had my doubts when instead of running off when one of them went down they mounted an assault to get their fallen member. in my experience that just doesn't happen.
greenman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:27   #78
poodleplumber

Quote:
what did we learn?
After a shooting:

(1)Shut up.
(2)Get a lawyer.
(3)Tell the truth.

As many people have observed over the centuries, truth does not contradict truth. 'Nuff said.
poodleplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:21   #79
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poodleplumber View Post

As many people have observed over the centuries, truth does not contradict truth. 'Nuff said.

My response has very little to do with the incident as reported by the OP.
If you've ever been knee-deep in a serious police investigation, or sat on a grand jury, or sat thru a trial, you know just how nebulous "the truth" is.

There really is no such thing as "absolute truth", it's all a matter of perspective. This is the primary reason why much of our legal language is littered with "reasonable man", "reasonable fear", "reasonable doubt".

If the Op span a web, shame on him, but I suspect he will be back with enough information to clear the air.

Although, I wonder why he did not post this in GNG or Carry Issues, which see WAY MORE traffic than Tactics and Training.

'Drew
Old 08-31-2009, 08:23   #80
4570Lever

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrooperBrian View Post
You've GOT to be kidding me. He posted his story here for people to LEARN from, not to question his every move and story. There is a time and a place for everything, and this is certainly not the place to be questioning the legitimacy of a story such as this. If someone told you their grandma died, you would comfort them and talk, not ask them to show a death certificate.

So back off.

We'll ask whatever is appropriate. There are some obvious holes in the story. IF its real, fine its real, and we'll absorb the experience. If not, some questions will go unanswered. Its not for you to say who can ask questions.

A link to a local news story would be fine, either a newspaper or tv station's online link. The most helpful thng would be to know what neighborhood its in so none of us move there by mistake.
4570Lever is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breaking, entering, self defense, shoot outs, stories