GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 16:15   #61
Atomic Punk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,691
im not saying anything on the validity of the story. but the last house i was living in or something similar might be a close arangement to what the op had, or at least something that might fit with the story better.


Tactics and Training
Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 16:28   #62
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist
 
Dragoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 24,416
I guess he did some remolding from the time he posted this until his "gunfight".

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...&postcount=147


Quote:
I have a couple hidden thru out my house.

A glock 19 under my computer station were i work held up by a "Fast Holster" Magnet,


A Springfield XD 9mm in a kitchen drawer under a silverware organizer

A Taurus PT92 under the sink mounted with a Magnetic Fast holster

A Mini Mac 11 On 2 Magnetic Mounts next to my mattress against the wall fully loaded with 32 and one in the hole..

Hungarian AK 47 in behind my spare room door.

Basically scattered throughout my house to cover every part of the house no matter were I am
And look he owns a Hungarian AK 47 just like the BG's left in his house!
__________________
“Right is still right, even if nobody is doing it. And wrong is still wrong, even if everybody is doing it.”—Texas Ranger saying.
Dragoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 17:12   #63
Deployment Solu
Kydex Crafter
 
Deployment Solu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,272
Blog Entries: 1


Of course it is FICTION. Didn't you hear the part where he said the house security alarm went off, right?? Well, no where did it say he got that call withing 3 seconds from Brinks security asking if he was OK!!!!!

We all know that IMMEDIATELY after your house alarm goes off that you will get a call that says in a calm even voice " Hi!, this is ___ from Brinks Home Security, are you OK???"
__________________
Federal, State, and NRA Certified Firearms Instructor, Arkansas CHL Instructor. Handgun, Shotgun, Patrol/ Urban Rifle Instructor. Advanced Tactics Instructor.

The world needs less victims and more victors!!!!!
Deployment Solu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 17:50   #64
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member
 
Gallium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 47,557


Pretty soon the OP is going to post the original story (with the ill side effect of making his real persona known on GT) and all of you naysayers will be eating face egg for a long time!

In the meanwhile I have taken the liberty of searching for all of his former posts and archiving them....
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 17:59   #65
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist
 
Dragoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 24,416
Quote:
Pretty soon the OP is going to post the original story (with the ill side effect of making his real persona known on GT) and all of you naysayers will be eating face egg for a long time!
is that going to be a coherent story this time?

Frankly I have had interviews with crack heads that could tell a more coherent story.

__________________
“Right is still right, even if nobody is doing it. And wrong is still wrong, even if everybody is doing it.”—Texas Ranger saying.
Dragoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 18:38   #66
blueiron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 13,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Drew View Post
Pretty soon the OP is going to post the original story (with the ill side effect of making his real persona known on GT) and all of you naysayers will be eating face egg for a long time!

In the meanwhile I have taken the liberty of searching for all of his former posts and archiving them....


I'd love to see a .pdf copy of the police incident report, since they can easily be posted online. After all, they are a public record and nothing in them can be withheld from the criminal defense attorneys or the civil attorneys hired by the plaintiffs.
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 19:03   #67
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member
 
Gallium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 47,557


Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
I'd love to see a .pdf copy of the police incident report, since they can easily be posted online. After all, they are a public record and nothing in them can be withheld from the criminal defense attorneys or the civil attorneys hired by the plaintiffs.
Again, not in this person's defense, but there is "public" and there is "hanging your ass out in public". I'd be satisfied with just a brief bit of info on which state, and the date when this occurred.


And again, I would too like to see a cut n dried (civil) case where someone attempted to rob someone else using deadly force, broke into their dwelling, engaged in a shootout, and brought a suit against the lawful occupant of the dwelling.

Yeah, I've seen a case (NYC) where some guy robbed a granny, she put a round in his elbow, and now he's suing saying it wasn't him...but I have yet to see any real civil cases as outlined by me.


There are a bunch of inconsistencies in the OP's narration of what transpired, I chalk that up to how real life works. I eagerly await an update from the OP with the state and the date when this occurred.

'Drew
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 19:09   #68
holyjohnson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: suburban MN
Posts: 1,022
i like dragoon`s version better.
__________________
Food for five years, a thousand gallons of gas, air filtration, water filtration, Geiger counter. Bomb shelter! Underground... God damn monsters.
-Burt Gummer
holyjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 19:11   #69
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist
 
Dragoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 24,416
Quote:
I chalk that up to how real life works.
in the immediate aftermath of a traumatic incident you may have trouble telling a coherent story.

But weeks or months later there is no such excuse.
__________________
“Right is still right, even if nobody is doing it. And wrong is still wrong, even if everybody is doing it.”—Texas Ranger saying.
Dragoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 19:18   #70
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member
 
Gallium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 47,557


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
in the immediate aftermath of a traumatic incident you may have trouble telling a coherent story.

But weeks or months later there is no such excuse.

Dude, WTF are you messing with my "good cop" role? Are you gonna be bad cop, or are you gonna be "explain away everything cop"?

YOU'RE supposed to be calling BS to everything.
I'm supposed to offer a little sympathy and understanding, so we can wrap this up in 48 minutes, just like on Law n Order...

Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 19:24   #71
blueiron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 13,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Drew View Post
Again, not in this person's defense, but there is "public" and there is "hanging your ass out in public". I'd be satisfied with just a brief bit of info on which state, and the date when this occurred.


And again, I would too like to see a cut n dried (civil) case where someone attempted to rob someone else using deadly force, broke into their dwelling, engaged in a shootout, and brought a suit against the lawful occupant of the dwelling.

Yeah, I've seen a case (NYC) where some guy robbed a granny, she put a round in his elbow, and now he's suing saying it wasn't him...but I have yet to see any real civil cases as outlined by me.


There are a bunch of inconsistencies in the OP's narration of what transpired, I chalk that up to how real life works. I eagerly await an update from the OP with the state and the date when this occurred.

'Drew


There is nothing in a LE report that is hidden from attorneys of either side [civil or criminal], other than SSN, DOB, addresses, and some related personal information. Anything having to do with an incident is free and clear information to the attorneys.

The person that posted this 'incident' is not some police officer or military combatant who has been involved in hundreds of traumatic incidents or shootouts. Anyone who has not been in a large number of gunfights is going to recall the relevant facts of them. I certainly do of mine. He cannot claim a recall deficit, unless he has a historic and significant brain injury.

There are so many holes in this "incident", it looks like a downrange skeethouse at an old clay sports center.
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 19:24   #72
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist
 
Dragoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 24,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Drew View Post
Dude, WTF are you messing with my "good cop" role? Are you gonna be bad cop, or are you gonna be "explain away everything cop"?

YOU'RE supposed to be calling BS to everything.
I'm supposed to offer a little sympathy and understanding, so we can wrap this up in 48 minutes, just like on Law n Order...

a phone book is more effective.

__________________
“Right is still right, even if nobody is doing it. And wrong is still wrong, even if everybody is doing it.”—Texas Ranger saying.
Dragoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 19:44   #73
4570Lever
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTockTheGlock View Post
I hear from outside tires and gravel drive off.


I stay in position for what felt a lifetime...
I hear
"Police.. Police!"
and a loud scuffle and take down.. bodys hitting the floor and weapons being drawn.


They caught the 4 men at the hospital with different clothes on. One died. One seriously wounded..
Ok, so I'm confused.

1. They drove off;
2. They were taken down at the scene;
3. They were caught at the hospital...

Which?
4570Lever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 19:54   #74
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?
 
Javelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: N. Dallas
Posts: 14,638


Quote:
Originally Posted by 4570Lever View Post
Ok, so I'm confused.

1. They drove off;
2. They were taken down at the scene;
3. They were caught at the hospital...

Which?
In the dining room with the pipe wrench...
__________________
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 21:33   #75
JimBianchi
CLM Number 25
Da Da
 
JimBianchi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 7,051
Blog Entries: 1
Dragoon was an investigator for longer than many of us have carried a gun.
You won't get away with much once he starts asking questions!

A link to a police report or a news blurb would settle this.

But my Spidey Sense tells my this is a whopper, not a winner.
__________________
USAF (RET)
NRA Life Member
GOA
SAF

The scariest words in the English language: I'm from the government and I'm here to help! President Ronald Reagan
JimBianchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:54   #76
TrooperBrian
Senior Member
 
TrooperBrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 1,256
Send a message via AIM to TrooperBrian Send a message via MSN to TrooperBrian
You've GOT to be kidding me. He posted his story here for people to LEARN from, not to question his every move and story. There is a time and a place for everything, and this is certainly not the place to be questioning the legitimacy of a story such as this. If someone told you their grandma died, you would comfort them and talk, not ask them to show a death certificate.

So back off.
__________________
"If it's all about cost the best thing to do is not to shoot. That is clearly the cheapest." -Colorado4Wheel
"If Lee ever made a good press, they kept it." -John R
Black Rifle Club #419
TrooperBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:07   #77
greenman19
Senior Member
 
greenman19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: central NC
Posts: 244
what did we learn?

i had my doubts when instead of running off when one of them went down they mounted an assault to get their fallen member. in my experience that just doesn't happen.
greenman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:27   #78
poodleplumber
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,090
Quote:
what did we learn?
After a shooting:

(1)Shut up.
(2)Get a lawyer.
(3)Tell the truth.

As many people have observed over the centuries, truth does not contradict truth. 'Nuff said.
poodleplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:21   #79
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member
 
Gallium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 47,557


Quote:
Originally Posted by poodleplumber View Post
...

As many people have observed over the centuries, truth does not contradict truth. 'Nuff said.

My response has very little to do with the incident as reported by the OP.
If you've ever been knee-deep in a serious police investigation, or sat on a grand jury, or sat thru a trial, you know just how nebulous "the truth" is.

There really is no such thing as "absolute truth", it's all a matter of perspective. This is the primary reason why much of our legal language is littered with "reasonable man", "reasonable fear", "reasonable doubt".

If the Op span a web, shame on him, but I suspect he will be back with enough information to clear the air.

Although, I wonder why he did not post this in GNG or Carry Issues, which see WAY MORE traffic than Tactics and Training.

'Drew
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:23   #80
4570Lever
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrooperBrian View Post
You've GOT to be kidding me. He posted his story here for people to LEARN from, not to question his every move and story. There is a time and a place for everything, and this is certainly not the place to be questioning the legitimacy of a story such as this. If someone told you their grandma died, you would comfort them and talk, not ask them to show a death certificate.

So back off.

We'll ask whatever is appropriate. There are some obvious holes in the story. IF its real, fine its real, and we'll absorb the experience. If not, some questions will go unanswered. Its not for you to say who can ask questions.

A link to a local news story would be fine, either a newspaper or tv station's online link. The most helpful thng would be to know what neighborhood its in so none of us move there by mistake.
4570Lever is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply


Tags
breaking, entering, self defense, shoot outs, stories
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:11.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 554
142 Members
412 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31