Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-01-2009, 13:28   #101
poodleplumber

A relatively minor point, but there is no such thing as a window too small to board up in a hurricane. Smaller windows are smaller targets for flying debris, true, but because of a combination of decreased flexibility and increased force concentration, they actually break and/or blow out of their frames with less wind force than larger windows.
poodleplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 14:08   #102
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

You got that right, after having a category 4 hurricane roll right over the top of my house there is no such thing as a window to small to board up.
Old 09-01-2009, 15:52   #103
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poodleplumber View Post
A relatively minor point, but there is no such thing as a window too small to board up in a hurricane. Smaller windows are smaller targets for flying debris, true, but because of a combination of decreased flexibility and increased force concentration, they actually break and/or blow out of their frames with less wind force than larger windows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
You got that right, after having a category 4 hurricane roll right over the top of my house there is no such thing as a window to small to board up.

Yes,

But if you folks were truly hurricane exposed , you would know the proper thing to do is to leave one window on the leeward side of the house unfettered...

Say, where's the OP?

'Drew
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 16:31   #104
corndogggy

I quit reading after the second zombie was shot while naked.
Old 09-01-2009, 17:33   #105
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Drew View Post
Yes,

But if you folks were truly hurricane exposed , you would know the proper thing to do is to leave one window on the leeward side of the house unfettered...

Say, where's the OP?

'Drew
The danger of a hurricane is not "built up pressure inside the house" it is in the winds getting in the house, when that happens you can kiss your roof goodbye.

When the storm comes from the south and the eye passes over you the winds return this time from the north.
Old 09-01-2009, 18:47   #106
Buford

"Police.. Police!"
and a loud scuffle and take down.. bodys hitting the floor and weapons being drawn. Officers searching the house

So the officers enter a house in which shots have been fired, there is a loud scuffle and takedown with bodies hitting the floor, and THEN the officers decide they might need to draw their weapons...

Then I guess the suspects unarrested themselves and were recaptured at the hospital later.

Um, yea, OK.

Next time your imagination runs away from you, be sure to proofread your fantasy so you don't contradict yourself.

Last edited by Buford; 09-01-2009 at 18:50..
Buford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:25   #107
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
No, mine got shot up in the al queda attack, 16 BG's, I had to beat 4 of them down with the towel rack before getting to my M4 with the M203 attached that I keep in the freezer under the Popsicles.

it was pitch dark but they gave themselves away shouting "Allah akbar" and I used echo location to nail them.
You mean that you don't have a shotgun rack in the bathroom so you can hang your towels over the barrel?

I mean . . . How can I EVER trust anything you ever again say?

After all, if you aren't prepared for an everyday terrorist attack, something that happens hundreds of times a day, how can you reasonably expect anybody to trust your logic?

Sadly deflated and unhappy at the loss of my GT idol,

Hawk

Old 09-02-2009, 10:02   #108
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hawk View Post
You mean that you don't have a shotgun rack in the bathroom so you can hang your towels over the barrel?

I mean . . . How can I EVER trust anything you ever again say?

After all, if you aren't prepared for an everyday terrorist attack, something that happens hundreds of times a day, how can you reasonably expect anybody to trust your logic?

Sadly deflated and unhappy at the loss of my GT idol,

Hawk

Well, at least I was able to resist the temptation to run and post the story on the internet when it happened.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:19   #109
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Well, at least I was able to resist the temptation to run and post the story on the internet when it happened.

Truely an epic act of self restraint!

Some days that five smilie limit really sucks.

Hawk

Old 09-02-2009, 11:03   #110
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Brown Hawk and Dragoon,

Ya'll are gonna feel REALLY STUPID when CNN breaks this former top secret story about eight thugs who ended up attempting to storm the house where a senior black ops CIA agent lived....

'Drew
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:13   #111
freakshow10mm
10mm Advocate

Sounds like GunKid's illegitimate love child. Yet more proof you shouldn't **** your sister.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
freakshow10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:15   #112
Bad Karma

Brown Hawk;
"You mean that you don't have a shotgun rack in the bathroom so you can hang your towels over the barrel? "

I thought that was standard with all houses??? Mine has one next to the Kevlar shower curtain.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:19   #113
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Drew View Post
Brown Hawk and Dragoon,

Ya'll are gonna feel REALLY STUPID when CNN breaks this former top secret story about eight thugs who ended up attempting to storm the house where a senior black ops CIA agent lived....

'Drew
Why Drew, I didn't know you thought so highly of me that you think I don't feel really stupid most of the time.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:37   #114
AA#5

I have also thought about preparing for such a situation & I have spread weapons in different rooms of my house, but..........

Each gun is in a quick-access lock box. I don't think it's a good idea to have them "just hidden." They can be used against you if they're found.
AA#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:51   #115
billkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollbladder13 View Post
Pass the popcorn!
billkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:13   #116
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

What, this wasn't out of a novel?

Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:37   #117
poodleplumber

Quote:
I hope that was a joke, and please don't anyone take that as legitimate advice if you are new to hurricane preparedness.

We had direct hits from Frances and Jeanne 3 weeks apart, then a "backdoor" from Wilma a year later. If you want to hear some touching stories of unselfishness in the midst of appalling loss and hardship, PM me.

Last edited by poodleplumber; 09-02-2009 at 12:48..
poodleplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 21:11   #118
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

5 days and still no post from our gunfighter with his "stuff".

probably to busy working on the book and movie deal.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:37   #119
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

I swear I though he was getting his authoring on...

Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:27   #120
deadday

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow10mm View Post
Sounds like GunKid's illegitimate love child. Yet more proof you shouldn't **** your sister.
How bout we swap sisters? Is that ok?
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breaking, entering, self defense, shoot outs, stories