SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-15-2012, 17:28   #1
chammer
lolwut?

A year long search...

I first saw this firearm online more than a year ago. After going to many of the local gun shops across a span of a few months, I had given up hope. No one online seemed to have any either, so FFL transfers were out of the question too.

I started building a short list of other firearms I'd like to own, and began my search Saturday morning. A morning that started off as depressing as one of the larger gun stores had emptied it's inventory due to a change in ownership. However, the range is still open and one of the gentlement directed me to their now parent store.

I arrive at the parent store and its huge. I had never been there before as it was a bit of a drive from where I live - About 45mi.

So I walk in fully expecting to start acquiring parts for an AR15 build I've been wanting to do, and they sure did have a ton of AR stuff. Stripped lowers, assembled lowers, uppers, parts kits, etc.

Since I could do the AR really at any time, I started going to my short list of pistols (this specific 1911 being on that list). While checking out the others I wander over to the 1911 cases, and low and behold there she sat...2nd row down, third from the right.

I was super happy, but also a bit sad as I didn't quite have the money. However, I knew I would be getting paid a couple days later...so I did what any person would have done...I put down a good size down payment, and I paid her off and brought her home today!!

...and yes - this was the one, and only one, they had.

So anyways, for the guys that just want to see, here she is... My new S&W "E" Series!

1911 Forums

1911 Forums

1911 Forums

1911 Forums

I'm a bit leary about carrying and/or even shooting the thing since it's so sexy and I'd hate to do anything to mess that up, but at the same time...I spent a good chunk of moolah for it...I might as well see how she shoots, eh?

This is my first 1911, by the way, but I can see adding at least a couple more in the not so distant future!

Last edited by chammer; 05-15-2012 at 17:28..
chammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 17:42   #2
Bullitt01

BEAUTIFUL 1911 my friend, I actually just got a chance to shoot that exact pistol last weekend when my cousin came up to Michigan with his wife. He had just picked it up after selling his beloved G27 and he was already crazy about that thing. The S&W E series bobtail is one of the finest 1911's in existance for concealed carry and for just plain looking good. Great choice on an excellent firearm and welcome to the venerable 1911!!!

EDIT: Just a side note, my cousin made it a point to tell me that his S&W does not like +P ammo. Take it FWIW, just a heads up!

"God created man, Sam Colt made them equal." -Western Proverb

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

Last edited by Bullitt01; 05-15-2012 at 17:43..
Bullitt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 18:40   #3
carloglock19

Congrats on your new 1911. I also walked into the gun shop last weekend to my surprise they are under new ownership with only the range being open. Im not a fan of the parent store and their range so I hope a lot of things wont change at the current location. Im up for membership renewal which sucks. Anyhow enjoy your new 1911!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
BRC - 2016
carloglock19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 18:58   #4
chammer
lolwut?

Thanks, guys!

Bullitt01: I'm happy to hear that the firearm is what I have been expecting. The reviews for it I've found were also very positive. Thanks for the heads up on the +P ammo too!

carloglock19: Sounds like we ran into the same store, and parent store lol. The range was the only thing open there, and the info I had gotten from one of the gentlemen there. I don't normally travel down that way, but I had a mission that day to find some stuff as previously mentioned. I've been to their Hampton store a few times, and the people there have always been nice to me (unlike some of the other shops around here). The VA Beach location I ended up in was the same in that regard, but quite the selection! I'd argue that they're even bigger than Bob's in Norfolk.

On a side note, if anyone has any idea where I can get some grips for this guy it'd be appreciated. I've poked around a bit, but I can't seem to find any that fit the rounded butt. I love the wood, but would prefer to preserve them in their current state if I can.
Old 05-15-2012, 19:15   #5
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Congratulations on the new toy.
Old 05-15-2012, 19:16   #6
carloglock19

It looks like we frequent the same gun shops.lol I knew it wasn't going to be good news when I walked into their VA Beach location to use the range and the racks and shelves were empty and all I got was; we are going through an ATF audit. I spend every other weekend in Hampton and used to check out A&P from time to time (good customer service). The shop on VA Beach BLVD has the biggest selection around and ok customer service I was not a big fan of their range upstairs though. Check out VZ grips website I think you can order their grips bobbed if I'm not mistaken, I got a set on my Loaded that are awesome.

BRC - 2016
Old 05-15-2012, 19:17   #7
FL Airedale
Dog Breath

That's one of the best looking 1911's I've ever seen. I hope it shoots as good as it looks.
I used to be a people person but people ruined that for me.
FL Airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 19:20   #8
TSAX
USAF Vet

Congrats, I am interested in shooting this version and compare, I really liked the S&W 1911 PD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

GSSF Member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NRA Member
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 19:20   #9
glock2740
Gun lover.

Congrats! Great looking gun.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 19:29   #10
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
DirtyThirty fan

Congrats,.......looks great!
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 19:43   #11
bac1023

Very nice

Congrats!

bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 19:49   #12
chammer
lolwut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloglock19 View Post
It looks like we frequent the same gun shops.lol I knew it wasn't going to be good news when I walked into their VA Beach location to use the range and the racks and shelves were empty and all I got was; we are going through an ATF audit. I spend every other weekend in Hampton and used to check out A&P from time to time (good customer service). The shop on VA Beach BLVD has the biggest selection around and ok customer service I was not a big fan of their range upstairs though. Check out VZ grips website I think you can order their grips bobbed if I'm not mistaken, I got a set on my Loaded that are awesome.
It sure does! Although, for shooting, I usually stick with Bob's since its two blocks over from where I work and for when I get off early it's right there "on the way home". :P For extended/weekend shoots I usually hit up The Marksman since it's closer to my house, and the people there are the friendliest bunch around it seems. I'm working 2-10am tomorrow, so I'm considering going to one or the other to try this 1911 out. Will have to see how tired I am come 10am though lol.

Seems like everyone is getting conflicting information on Lynnhaven too. I've heard on another forum they lost their license, and now your ATF audit, and also what the guy told me first hand which was that they had changed owners and were awaiting the FFL transfer. The range itself seemed really nice the one time I went, but the Range Officers there left a lot to be desired. They really turned me off, but I couldn't deny their selection when I needed to see more of what was available locally. :(

Thanks for the info the grips. I'm browsing through their site now, and they do indeed have bobtail cuts.
Old 05-15-2012, 20:21   #13
carloglock19

Man thats a good looking 1911 enjoy your range trip neighbor.
-Carlo

BRC - 2016
Old 05-15-2012, 20:27   #14
larson1122

Very nice looking 1911, Congrats!
larson1122 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 23:54   #15
steve1911

Congrats!

Very nice.

1911club#410
Old 05-16-2012, 05:10   #16
southernshooter

S&w

You can get a 1911 for less money but I think any S&W 1911 is the best value you can get in a 1911 style. Purists don't like the external extractor but S&W's work.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:14   #17
Samboard

i love the grips on the E series. really nice.

If we believe in absurdities, we will commit atrocities~ Voltaire

Last edited by Samboard; 05-16-2012 at 12:05..
Samboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:14   #18
FLSlim

Nice, now it is time to get it dirty!
Florida Glockers Club #1040
Big Dogs Club #1592
FLSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:05   #19
ca survivor

nice, enjoy it.
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:07   #20