GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 11:43   #26
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member
 
itisbruno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Raccoon City
Posts: 25,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanSBHF View Post
That's a good deal.
I'm seriously considering picking one up.
I just did

__________________

Click HERE
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:56   #27
hdbob
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 159
I have had one in 40 and one in 9mm...... Im not really a fan of them... the finish dont seem as good as the 226, and for some reason I cant shoot them as well as the 226... as far as relaiblity I think they are just fine... its for those who cant afford or dont want to spend the money on the 226... couple friends both have 226's and we all shot the 226 better and just has a better feel...... but for the money???
hdbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 20:19   #28
SigFusion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12
I just bought an sp2022 in 9mm... does anyone know if the scope mount for the Sig Mosquito will fit my sp2022?
SigFusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 20:36   #29
Cobra64
Deals in Facts
 
Cobra64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Depends on where I am.
Posts: 17,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigFusion View Post

I just bought an sp2022 in 9mm... does anyone know if the scope mount for the Sig Mosquito will fit my sp2022?
Why not take the scope mount off your Mosquito, and see if it fits on your SP2022? Or call Exeter?
Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 22:22   #30
SigFusion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra64 View Post
Why not take the scope mount off your Mosquito, and see if it fits on your SP2022? Or call Exeter?
That's the point... I don't own a Mosquito or the scope mount... I was simply asking here because I didn't know if anyone had attempted it yet.
SigFusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:10   #31
wingsprint
Senior Member
 
wingsprint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sideways in turn 4
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGSAREBETTER View Post
I bought my 2009 in 04 new. Close to 20k through it...great weapon. Always go out of my way to speak highly of sig's "well-kept secret"
+1

The other big name brand poly pistols have taken the lime light, yet the 2022 is an outstanding weapon! I would call it one of the "best-kept secrets" in pistols today.
wingsprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:25   #32
exan
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 59
What other big brand name polymer pistol? Sig Pro... it's the BEST!
exan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 19:56   #33
hdbob
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 159
GLOCK..... way better...now a 226...sweet.......



Quote:
Originally Posted by exan View Post
What other big brand name polymer pistol? Sig Pro... it's the BEST!
hdbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 22:03   #34
Deputy276
Senior Member
 
Deputy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Silver City, NM
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by exan View Post
What other big brand name polymer pistol? Sig Pro... it's the BEST!
I agree!!!!
__________________
SIG Club #276
Deputy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:03   #35
youngbuck
He's Tyrone!
 
youngbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 489
Have a G23 and an XD40 but my 2022 I just feel super comfortable shooting. I just love the short trigger pull.

That being said I dont have alot of money so can anybody tell me if its worth it to trade up to a beretta 92fs the italian versions?
youngbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:50   #36
Deputy276
Senior Member
 
Deputy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Silver City, NM
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
Have a G23 and an XD40 but my 2022 I just feel super comfortable shooting. I just love the short trigger pull.

That being said I dont have alot of money so can anybody tell me if its worth it to trade up to a beretta 92fs the italian versions?
Are you asking if it's worth it to trade a 2022 to a Beretta? I don't see that as "treading up".
__________________
SIG Club #276
Deputy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:10   #37
youngbuck
He's Tyrone!
 
youngbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy276 View Post
Are you asking if it's worth it to trade a 2022 to a Beretta? I don't see that as "treading up".
In my area it costs bout 200 bucks more for the 92FS than it does for a 2022 and the 2022's are not in short supply
youngbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:39   #38
obxemt
Chaplain of CT
 
obxemt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: In the middle of the Atlantic Ocean
Posts: 11,499
I was issued a Beretta 96 for five years. It was actually a great combat handgun, but still not a favorite. I personally would not trade a 2022 for a 92 of any sort. I would however trade a 2022 for a 226, 229, Beretta Vertec, Special Duty, M9A1, or Inox.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
...citizenship ain't what it used to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
Your idea about the role of cops is totally different from the majority's, history's and the Constitution's.
obxemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 15:05   #39
Deputy276
Senior Member
 
Deputy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Silver City, NM
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
In my area it costs bout 200 bucks more for the 92FS than it does for a 2022 and the 2022's are not in short supply
That wasn't my point. Why would you trade a superior handgun for an inferior one?????
__________________
SIG Club #276
Deputy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 16:39   #40
youngbuck
He's Tyrone!
 
youngbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy276 View Post
That wasn't my point. Why would you trade a superior handgun for an inferior one?????
I lack knowledge about Berettas and was asking for any input from this site about the pro's and cons of a potential swap. Just gathering info to weigh my options is all
youngbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 17:33   #41
obxemt
Chaplain of CT
 
obxemt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: In the middle of the Atlantic Ocean
Posts: 11,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
I lack knowledge about Berettas and was asking for any input from this site about the pro's and cons of a potential swap. Just gathering info to weigh my options is all
Someone's personal preference for one pistol doesn't make another pistol "inferior" to it in any way...especially one like the Beretta 92 which is a proven reliable weapon in military and law enforcement service.

I still wouldn't trade a 2022 for a 92 though - unless you really dislike the Sig. One of the "specialty" Berettas, yes, I would trade if not happy with the Sig. But not a standard (or Italian) 92. They can be had new for cheap. The specialty guns are more expensive and really are finely made pistols that are much more attractive than any blocky plastic gun.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
...citizenship ain't what it used to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
Your idea about the role of cops is totally different from the majority's, history's and the Constitution's.
obxemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 17:46   #42
chessail 77
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 152
I have both 9mm and 40 S&W and they are excellent, although the grip is bulky.
chessail 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:13   #43
Deputy276
Senior Member
 
Deputy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Silver City, NM
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
I lack knowledge about Berettas and was asking for any input from this site about the pro's and cons of a potential swap. Just gathering info to weigh my options is all
Sorry. I thought you were familiar with both guns. All I saw was a price comparison and a worry about value for the money. In which case the 2022 IS superior in both ways. Shooting comparisons are purely subjective and based on each individual user. I had a few Model 92 Berettas and found them lacking in accuracy, although reliable. Just my opinion, of course.

As to the comment "a proven reliable weapon in military", ask the Navy SEALs why they chose the SIG P226 OVER the Beretta. Here's a little saying the SEALs have "you ain't a Navy SEAL till you've tasted Italian steel".
__________________
SIG Club #276
Deputy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:44   #44
obxemt
Chaplain of CT
 
obxemt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: In the middle of the Atlantic Ocean
Posts: 11,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy276 View Post
As to the comment "a proven reliable weapon in military", ask the Navy SEALs why they chose the SIG P226 OVER the Beretta. Here's a little saying the SEALs have "you ain't a Navy SEAL till you've tasted Italian steel".
Did you even read bother to read what I actually wrote?

Are you serious? Do you really base your decisions on what the Seals do?

Are the needs/preferences of the Seals the same as you or an average citizen? Of course the 226 is a fine weapon, but so are Berettas.

What's the standard issue military sidearm? That's right, the Beretta 92. What did LAPD issue for years? The Beretta 92. What have various local agencies carried for years? Beretta 92s and 96s.

The point you're trying to make is really quite ridiculous. Your personal preference for the 2022 doesn't make it better than anything else. It just means you like it more. They're fine guns, but so are Berettas. I bet my life on one for 5 years and it performed flawlessly in some intense training and in some poor conditions (sand, mud, rain, etc.).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
...citizenship ain't what it used to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
Your idea about the role of cops is totally different from the majority's, history's and the Constitution's.

Last edited by obxemt; 01-09-2010 at 08:47..
obxemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:10   #45
Deputy276
Senior Member
 
Deputy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Silver City, NM
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by obxemt View Post
Did you even read bother to read what I actually wrote?

Are you serious? Do you really base your decisions on what the Seals do?

Are the needs/preferences of the Seals the same as you or an average citizen? Of course the 226 is a fine weapon, but so are Berettas.

What's the standard issue military sidearm? That's right, the Beretta 92. What did LAPD issue for years? The Beretta 92. What have various local agencies carried for years? Beretta 92s and 96s.

The point you're trying to make is really quite ridiculous. Your personal preference for the 2022 doesn't make it better than anything else. It just means you like it more. They're fine guns, but so are Berettas. I bet my life on one for 5 years and it performed flawlessly in some intense training and in some poor conditions (sand, mud, rain, etc.).
I QUOTED what you actually wrote. Do you want to take it back???

I think the SEALs are a bit more qualified to judge a quality weappon than YOU are. The LAPD USED to issue Berettas. They issue Glock since 2002. Do you know WHY Uncle Sammie picked the Beretta? Can we say LOWEST BID. Not SUPERIOR PERFORMER. And Uncle Sammie got exactly what he asked for. Slides flying off and hitting the shooter in the face. Did Beretta fix the problem? The answer is SORT OF. The slides no longer fly off and hit you in the face. They detach and make the gun UNUSEABLE!!
Yep....drink that Beretta Kool-Aid.
__________________
SIG Club #276
Deputy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:21   #46
obxemt
Chaplain of CT
 
obxemt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: In the middle of the Atlantic Ocean
Posts: 11,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy276 View Post
I QUOTED what you actually wrote. Do you want to take it back???

I think the SEALs are a bit more qualified to judge a quality weappon than YOU are. The LAPD USED to issue Berettas. They issue Glock since 2002. Do you know WHY Uncle Sammie picked the Beretta? Can we say LOWEST BID. Not SUPERIOR PERFORMER. And Uncle Sammie got exactly what he asked for. Slides flying off and hitting the shooter in the face. Did Beretta fix the problem? The answer is SORT OF. The slides no longer fly off and hit you in the face. They detach and make the gun UNUSEABLE!!
Yep....drink that Beretta Kool-Aid.
Nice try, but you quoted one line out of context without taking into account anything else I said. So either your reading comprehension is off, or you just didn't read it. Same goes for my most recent post.

Are you one of those wannabe warrior types who bases everything on what some elite branch does when it has nothing to do with anything? Especially your end-use? What's right for some commandos isn't right for everyone else just because they selected it. Price is a factor for everyone, so don't kid yourself otherwise. Sig has had its problems too, so climb down off that Exeter-based high horse and quit playing with yourself over the sweet lines and gentle curves of the P226, which, incidentally, as I have already said, is also a fine gun.

IF you had bothered to read and comprehend what I wrote (which you didn't), you would have read that I don't particularly care for Beretta. It isn't my preference, but they are still fine guns and they do what they do very well. The only real downside to LE use is their preference for oil. Right now I'm issued a Px4 and Cx4 and I hate them both.

The only "kool-aid" that has been drunk is by you, sailor.

The Sig Sauer Club
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
...citizenship ain't what it used to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
Your idea about the role of cops is totally different from the majority's, history's and the Constitution's.
obxemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:37   #47
Deputy276
Senior Member
 
Deputy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Silver City, NM
Posts: 276
I love it when people ASS U ME.
I am NOT a sailor. Guess again.

You said what you said and trying to weasel out of it isn't going to work. Are you gonna use the liberal tactic of "what I really MEANT was..."?
I couldn't care less about commando useage. I care about what they decide is the best weapon. You think the SEALs are clueless....I suggest you go up to one and tell him that. As a matter of fact I ENCOURAGE you to do so. The SEALs have their choice of ANY handgun they want. They chose SIG over Beretta after TRYING Beretta and having it fail on them. This wasn't some random choice they made. It was based on trial and failure. My SIGs have been 100% reliable, accurate, and effective. And I don't buy into the "problems" posted on the SIG Forum. Most of the people on there are parrots repeating what someone else said, or SIG haters. That's why I post here.
__________________
SIG Club #276
Deputy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:42   #48
obxemt
Chaplain of CT
 
obxemt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: In the middle of the Atlantic Ocean
Posts: 11,499
Are you this difficult in real life, or just on the internet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy276 View Post
I am NOT a sailor.
Of course you're not. You're a Navy Seal! I could have used "champ" or "scout," but "sailor" seems particularly appropriate in your case because of your love affair with all things "Seal."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy276 View Post
You said what you said and trying to weasel out of it isn't going to work.
Your argumentation skills really suck. I stand by what I said, and your failure to comprehend it is unfortunate. Your assertion that the 2022 is superior to anything that comes from Beretta is laughable. Again...they're fine guns, but they're not the only player in the game. And I'm not even a Beretta fan! I might agree with you if you were talking about the 226 or 229, but definitely not the 2022. And the P250 is just awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy276 View Post
Are you gonna use the liberal tactic of "what I really MEANT was..."?
No, I'm telling you to lread and understand what I said; not twist it out of context and give it your own meaning. You're great at putting words in my mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy276 View Post
I couldn't care less about commando useage.
Then why is that your primary example and justification?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy276 View Post
I care about what they decide is the best weapon.
Then that's an important issue for you, not the rest of average gun-owning humanity. Sure it's an issue but it isn't definitive. For example, statistics claim that the Glock 22 is currently the most popular sidearm for US law enforcement officers. That speaks highly of that weapon, but it doesn't mean that it is the perfect weapon and caliber for everyone in every scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy276 View Post
You think the SEALs are clueless....I suggest you go up to one and tell him that. As a matter of fact I ENCOURAGE you to do so.
No sir! Not at all! Never did I say or imply that. Again you're putting words in my mouth. I think you are clueless when it comes to average folks selecting a weapon and their reasons for doing so. You shouldn't stop the conversation at "this is what the Seals use." You also seem clueless about (or just refuse to admit) the widespread usage and general reliability of 92/96-series Berettas in military and law enforcement use. They may have had issues as have all guns at different points in time, but they are not falling apart like you claim. We had HORRIBLE experiences with the Px4s at first, and I'm not at all impressed with 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy276 View Post
My SIGs have been 100% reliable, accurate, and effective.
As have mine. They are awesome pistols.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy276 View Post
And I don't buy into the "problems" posted on the SIG Forum.
Me neither, generally. But the newer ones aren't being held to the same quality control standards of old. Even the most hardcore Sigophiles agree with that. I also had first-hand experience with a local agency that had a horrible experience with P229s. The problems are out there, but they are exceptional and not at all the norm. Sigs are great guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy276 View Post
Most of the people on there are parrots repeating what someone else said, or SIG haters. That's why I post here.
And I'm glad your here. I just disagree with your low opinion of Beretta because of my own experience.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
...citizenship ain't what it used to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
Your idea about the role of cops is totally different from the majority's, history's and the Constitution's.

Last edited by obxemt; 01-09-2010 at 12:45..
obxemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 13:28   #49
Deputy276
Senior Member
 
Deputy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Silver City, NM
Posts: 276
Well opinions are like a-holes. Eveyone has one and they usually stink.

I won't debate with someone who argues just for the sake of arguing and refuses to acknowledge what he said. If you want to take back your comment, feel free to do so. But fer cripes sake stop squirming around like a dang liberal caught in a lie. You said what you said when you said it. It's perfectly plain to see. Nobody is twisting anything.

And I am not going to insult anyone's intelligence by giving a long list of my qulifications that neither you nor me nor anyone else can prove or disprove. You can guess all you want, but I never served in the Navy.

NOBODY said squat about "PERFECT WEAPONS". You keep introducing different points that nobody has brought up just to win the discussion. I am done with you. You are one of those people that goes into denial when caught saying something he didn't mean. The 2022 IS superior to the Beretta. Deal with it. And if you hate SIGs so much, go to the SIG Forum and post there. In case you are lost, this is The SIG SAUER CLUB, not the Beretta fansite.
__________________
SIG Club #276
Deputy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 13:47   #50
obxemt
Chaplain of CT
 
obxemt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: In the middle of the Atlantic Ocean
Posts: 11,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy276 View Post
Well opinions are like a-holes. Eveyone has one and they usually stink.
Some opinions are better, more informed, and more factually-based than others. Not all opinions are created equal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy276 View Post
I won't debate with someone who argues just for the sake of arguing and refuses to acknowledge what he said.
That's because your debating skills suck! I have repeatedly acknowledged what I said. I stick by it. Your screwed-up interpretation of it is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy276 View Post
And I am not going to insult anyone's intelligence by giving a long list of my qulifications that neither you nor me nor anyone else can prove or disprove. You can guess all you want, but I never served in the Navy.
Umm, that was just a joke, sailor, not a guess. I explained that already, but you still don't get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy276 View Post
NOBODY said squat about "PERFECT WEAPONS". You keep introducing different points that nobody has brought up just to win the discussion.
That was a specific example about pistols in practical use. I never said you said it. But you have implied it all along, haven't you? "Superior" is the word that you wrongly used. Your subjective opinion about the 2022 doesn't determine the objective reality of Beretta's service use.

But at least you admit that I can state my case articulately and prove my point by using my brain and my experience. I appreciate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy276 View Post
You are one of those people that goes into denial when caught saying something he didn't mean.
Are you really this stupid? Surely not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy276 View Post
The 2022 IS superior to the Beretta.
If by "superior" you mean "bigger" then yes, you are absolutely correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy276 View Post
And if you hate SIGs so much...
There you go putting words in my mouth again. Show me where I said anything at all about even disliking Sigs. The only thing I said I despise is the Beretta Px4/Cx4. Once again if that is the conclusion you're drawing, you haven't read what I wrote!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
...citizenship ain't what it used to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
Your idea about the role of cops is totally different from the majority's, history's and the Constitution's.
obxemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:04.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 793
188 Members
605 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42