Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-08-2010, 18:33   #41
obxemt
Chaplain of CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
I lack knowledge about Berettas and was asking for any input from this site about the pro's and cons of a potential swap. Just gathering info to weigh my options is all
Someone's personal preference for one pistol doesn't make another pistol "inferior" to it in any way...especially one like the Beretta 92 which is a proven reliable weapon in military and law enforcement service.

I still wouldn't trade a 2022 for a 92 though - unless you really dislike the Sig. One of the "specialty" Berettas, yes, I would trade if not happy with the Sig. But not a standard (or Italian) 92. They can be had new for cheap. The specialty guns are more expensive and really are finely made pistols that are much more attractive than any blocky plastic gun.
Your idea about the role of cops is totally different from the majority's, history's and the Constitution's.
obxemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 18:46   #42
chessail 77

I have both 9mm and 40 S&W and they are excellent, although the grip is bulky.
chessail 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:13   #43
Deputy276

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
I lack knowledge about Berettas and was asking for any input from this site about the pro's and cons of a potential swap. Just gathering info to weigh my options is all
Sorry. I thought you were familiar with both guns. All I saw was a price comparison and a worry about value for the money. In which case the 2022 IS superior in both ways. Shooting comparisons are purely subjective and based on each individual user. I had a few Model 92 Berettas and found them lacking in accuracy, although reliable. Just my opinion, of course.

As to the comment "a proven reliable weapon in military", ask the Navy SEALs why they chose the SIG P226 OVER the Beretta. Here's a little saying the SEALs have "you ain't a Navy SEAL till you've tasted Italian steel".
SIG Club #276
Deputy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:44   #44
obxemt
Chaplain of CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy276 View Post
As to the comment "a proven reliable weapon in military", ask the Navy SEALs why they chose the SIG P226 OVER the Beretta. Here's a little saying the SEALs have "you ain't a Navy SEAL till you've tasted Italian steel".
Did you even read bother to read what I actually wrote?

Are you serious? Do you really base your decisions on what the Seals do?

Are the needs/preferences of the Seals the same as you or an average citizen? Of course the 226 is a fine weapon, but so are Berettas.

What's the standard issue military sidearm? That's right, the Beretta 92. What did LAPD issue for years? The Beretta 92. What have various local agencies carried for years? Beretta 92s and 96s.

The point you're trying to make is really quite ridiculous. Your personal preference for the 2022 doesn't make it better than anything else. It just means you like it more. They're fine guns, but so are Berettas. I bet my life on one for 5 years and it performed flawlessly in some intense training and in some poor conditions (sand, mud, rain, etc.).
Your idea about the role of cops is totally different from the majority's, history's and the Constitution's.

Last edited by obxemt; 01-09-2010 at 09:47..
Old 01-09-2010, 10:10   #45
Deputy276

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxemt View Post
Did you even read bother to read what I actually wrote?

Are you serious? Do you really base your decisions on what the Seals do?

Are the needs/preferences of the Seals the same as you or an average citizen? Of course the 226 is a fine weapon, but so are Berettas.

What's the standard issue military sidearm? That's right, the Beretta 92. What did LAPD issue for years? The Beretta 92. What have various local agencies carried for years? Beretta 92s and 96s.

The point you're trying to make is really quite ridiculous. Your personal preference for the 2022 doesn't make it better than anything else. It just means you like it more. They're fine guns, but so are Berettas. I bet my life on one for 5 years and it performed flawlessly in some intense training and in some poor conditions (sand, mud, rain, etc.).
I QUOTED what you actually wrote. Do you want to take it back???

I think the SEALs are a bit more qualified to judge a quality weappon than YOU are. The LAPD USED to issue Berettas. They issue Glock since 2002. Do you know WHY Uncle Sammie picked the Beretta? Can we say LOWEST BID. Not SUPERIOR PERFORMER. And Uncle Sammie got exactly what he asked for. Slides flying off and hitting the shooter in the face. Did Beretta fix the problem? The answer is SORT OF. The slides no longer fly off and hit you in the face. They detach and make the gun UNUSEABLE!!
Yep....drink that Beretta Kool-Aid.
SIG Club #276
Old 01-09-2010, 10:21   #46
obxemt
Chaplain of CT

Quote:
I QUOTED what you actually wrote. Do you want to take it back???

I think the SEALs are a bit more qualified to judge a quality weappon than YOU are. The LAPD USED to issue Berettas. They issue Glock since 2002. Do you know WHY Uncle Sammie picked the Beretta? Can we say LOWEST BID. Not SUPERIOR PERFORMER. And Uncle Sammie got exactly what he asked for. Slides flying off and hitting the shooter in the face. Did Beretta fix the problem? The answer is SORT OF. The slides no longer fly off and hit you in the face. They detach and make the gun UNUSEABLE!!
Yep....drink that Beretta Kool-Aid.
Nice try, but you quoted one line out of context without taking into account anything else I said. So either your reading comprehension is off, or you just didn't read it. Same goes for my most recent post.

Are you one of those wannabe warrior types who bases everything on what some elite branch does when it has nothing to do with anything? Especially your end-use? What's right for some commandos isn't right for everyone else just because they selected it. Price is a factor for everyone, so don't kid yourself otherwise. Sig has had its problems too, so climb down off that Exeter-based high horse and quit playing with yourself over the sweet lines and gentle curves of the P226, which, incidentally, as I have already said, is also a fine gun.

IF you had bothered to read and comprehend what I wrote (which you didn't), you would have read that I don't particularly care for Beretta. It isn't my preference, but they are still fine guns and they do what they do very well. The only real downside to LE use is their preference for oil. Right now I'm issued a Px4 and Cx4 and I hate them both.

The only "kool-aid" that has been drunk is by you, sailor.

The Sig Sauer Club
Old 01-09-2010, 12:37   #47
Deputy276

I love it when people ASS U ME.
I am NOT a sailor. Guess again.

You said what you said and trying to weasel out of it isn't going to work. Are you gonna use the liberal tactic of "what I really MEANT was..."?
I couldn't care less about commando useage. I care about what they decide is the best weapon. You think the SEALs are clueless....I suggest you go up to one and tell him that. As a matter of fact I ENCOURAGE you to do so. The SEALs have their choice of ANY handgun they want. They chose SIG over Beretta after TRYING Beretta and having it fail on them. This wasn't some random choice they made. It was based on trial and failure. My SIGs have been 100% reliable, accurate, and effective. And I don't buy into the "problems" posted on the SIG Forum. Most of the people on there are parrots repeating what someone else said, or SIG haters. That's why I post here.
SIG Club #276
Old 01-09-2010, 13:42   #48
obxemt
Chaplain of CT

Are you this difficult in real life, or just on the internet?

Quote:
I am NOT a sailor.
Of course you're not. You're a Navy Seal! I could have used "champ" or "scout," but "sailor" seems particularly appropriate in your case because of your love affair with all things "Seal."

Quote:
You said what you said and trying to weasel out of it isn't going to work.
Your argumentation skills really suck. I stand by what I said, and your failure to comprehend it is unfortunate. Your assertion that the 2022 is superior to anything that comes from Beretta is laughable. Again...they're fine guns, but they're not the only player in the game. And I'm not even a Beretta fan! I might agree with you if you were talking about the 226 or 229, but definitely not the 2022. And the P250 is just awful.

Quote:
Are you gonna use the liberal tactic of "what I really MEANT was..."?
No, I'm telling you to lread and understand what I said; not twist it out of context and give it your own meaning. You're great at putting words in my mouth.

Quote:
I couldn't care less about commando useage.
Then why is that your primary example and justification?

Quote:
I care about what they decide is the best weapon.
Then that's an important issue for you, not the rest of average gun-owning humanity. Sure it's an issue but it isn't definitive. For example, statistics claim that the Glock 22 is currently the most popular sidearm for US law enforcement officers. That speaks highly of that weapon, but it doesn't mean that it is the perfect weapon and caliber for everyone in every scenario.

Quote:
You think the SEALs are clueless....I suggest you go up to one and tell him that. As a matter of fact I ENCOURAGE you to do so.
No sir! Not at all! Never did I say or imply that. Again you're putting words in my mouth. I think you are clueless when it comes to average folks selecting a weapon and their reasons for doing so. You shouldn't stop the conversation at "this is what the Seals use." You also seem clueless about (or just refuse to admit) the widespread usage and general reliability of 92/96-series Berettas in military and law enforcement use. They may have had issues as have all guns at different points in time, but they are not falling apart like you claim. We had HORRIBLE experiences with the Px4s at first, and I'm not at all impressed with 'em.

Quote:
My SIGs have been 100% reliable, accurate, and effective.
As have mine. They are awesome pistols.

Quote:
And I don't buy into the "problems" posted on the SIG Forum.
Me neither, generally. But the newer ones aren't being held to the same quality control standards of old. Even the most hardcore Sigophiles agree with that. I also had first-hand experience with a local agency that had a horrible experience with P229s. The problems are out there, but they are exceptional and not at all the norm. Sigs are great guns.

Quote:
Most of the people on there are parrots repeating what someone else said, or SIG haters. That's why I post here.
And I'm glad your here. I just disagree with your low opinion of Beretta because of my own experience.

Last edited by obxemt; 01-09-2010 at 13:45..
Old 01-09-2010, 14:28   #49
Deputy276

Well opinions are like a-holes. Eveyone has one and they usually stink.

I won't debate with someone who argues just for the sake of arguing and refuses to acknowledge what he said. If you want to take back your comment, feel free to do so. But fer cripes sake stop squirming around like a dang liberal caught in a lie. You said what you said when you said it. It's perfectly plain to see. Nobody is twisting anything.

And I am not going to insult anyone's intelligence by giving a long list of my qulifications that neither you nor me nor anyone else can prove or disprove. You can guess all you want, but I never served in the Navy.

NOBODY said squat about "PERFECT WEAPONS". You keep introducing different points that nobody has brought up just to win the discussion. I am done with you. You are one of those people that goes into denial when caught saying something he didn't mean. The 2022 IS superior to the Beretta. Deal with it. And if you hate SIGs so much, go to the SIG Forum and post there. In case you are lost, this is The SIG SAUER CLUB, not the Beretta fansite.
SIG Club #276
Old 01-09-2010, 14:47   #50
obxemt
Chaplain of CT

Quote:
Well opinions are like a-holes. Eveyone has one and they usually stink.
Some opinions are better, more informed, and more factually-based than others. Not all opinions are created equal.

Quote:
I won't debate with someone who argues just for the sake of arguing and refuses to acknowledge what he said.
That's because your debating skills suck! I have repeatedly acknowledged what I said. I stick by it. Your screwed-up interpretation of it is wrong.

Quote:
And I am not going to insult anyone's intelligence by giving a long list of my qulifications that neither you nor me nor anyone else can prove or disprove. You can guess all you want, but I never served in the Navy.
Umm, that was just a joke, sailor, not a guess. I explained that already, but you still don't get it?

Quote:
NOBODY said squat about "PERFECT WEAPONS". You keep introducing different points that nobody has brought up just to win the discussion.
That was a specific example about pistols in practical use. I never said you said it. But you have implied it all along, haven't you? "Superior" is the word that you wrongly used. Your subjective opinion about the 2022 doesn't determine the objective reality of Beretta's service use.

But at least you admit that I can state my case articulately and prove my point by using my brain and my experience. I appreciate that.

Quote:
You are one of those people that goes into denial when caught saying something he didn't mean.
Are you really this stupid? Surely not.

Quote:
The 2022 IS superior to the Beretta.
If by "superior" you mean "bigger" then yes, you are absolutely correct.

Quote:
And if you hate SIGs so much...
There you go putting words in my mouth again. Show me where I said anything at all about even disliking Sigs. The only thing I said I despise is the Beretta Px4/Cx4. Once again if that is the conclusion you're drawing, you haven't read what I wrote!
Old 01-09-2010, 21:38   #51
xeojx

When I was in clown college they issued us Beretta's
2 sks's
kel tec sub2000 40 cal
xeojx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 21:47   #52
obxemt
Chaplain of CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeojx View Post
When I was in clown college they issued us Beretta's

The Sig Sauer Club

The Sig Sauer Club
Old 01-24-2010, 22:14   #53
jwagess

My experience for what it's worth as a former MP (US Army), and as a civilian police officer has been that I usually got issued whatever the guys that ran the ranges or commanders liked. I had Berretas, Sigs, Colts,Glocks, Springfields, and CZ varaints. Like blondes vs brunettes, they all have their advantages and disadvantages. The main point is they're all sweet.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:00   #54
IMightBeWrong
Straw Dog

I considered one and didn't like the feel of the controls compared to the classics. On another note, if the P250 had a DA/SA trigger I might actually like it.

"One of the greatest joys known to man is to take a flight into ignorance in search of knowledge..." - Robert Lynd
IMightBeWrong is offline   Reply With Quote