Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-15-2009, 15:02   #1
paleroseglow

1st handgun, G17

Hey guys Im very new here I live in Salt Lake and just wanted to say Hi and hear some feedback on my 1st pistol, Glock 17 RTF! I got it on lay a away at Impact Guns, should have it in a week. I want it for plinking and home defense cause I got a new family (7 month old boy!) that I want to protect.. So I am thinking about getting the additional safety that you can put on the trigger. I have a Winchester Pistol box so my boy can't get to it but just in case I thought it would be a good idea to get the safety as well.. Has anyone had experience with this? Also thinking about Crimson Trace grips, Streamlight, and night sights.. Any comments are very appreciated!
paleroseglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:23   #2
gsr

Sounds like you are off to a good start. Get some training. That's the best way to be safe. Also, get your better half to train and practice with you. Every responsible person in a household should know how to use the firearms (and all other equipment)that are kept for the security of the household. Have a good handheld flashlight, because you want to see what has just gone bump in the night before you point your gun at it. Night sights and lasers are great aids in helping you know where your gun is pointed, but aren't much good if there is an operator headspace issue.
gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 16:54   #3
paleroseglow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
Sounds like you are off to a good start. Get some training. That's the best way to be safe. Also, get your better half to train and practice with you. Every responsible person in a household should know how to use the firearms (and all other equipment)that are kept for the security of the household. Have a good handheld flashlight, because you want to see what has just gone bump in the night before you point your gun at it. Night sights and lasers are great aids in helping you know where your gun is pointed, but aren't much good if there is an operator headspace issue.
You are SOOO right-
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1121720
paleroseglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 23:07   #4
Desert Duck

Welcome to Glock talk....

you are off and running with your new G17. Its a great feeling...

+1 on getting training. many choices out there. get you and your souse to Front Sight's Two Day Defensive handgun course. Sign up on their website for newsletters.

Wait for it and you can get the course for $100 and it iss normally $1,000 per person.

Cheers!
Desert Duck is offline   Reply With Quote