Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-19-2009, 21:05   #21
ChrisJn
"Old Bill"

Got my Laserlyte sights for my G27 beginning of July. Took the gun out today and found the batteries were dead. Replaced them with the spare set that came in the original packaging. Still like them but with hindsight would probably have been better off with Crimson Trace.
Recently put Crimson Trace on my Ruger LCP and they are the best yet!
ChrisJn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 16:20   #22
mikegun

They must be tough, in a demo the guy slammed a large nail through a 2 by 4 with the sight while it was affixed to a glock, worked fine after the test....i think its a good idea i have had ct and lasermax on my guns the ct made the grip trro fat and the lasermax red dot was to small not bright enough....ct has the largest red dot, easy to see in daylight,,,,,,is the laserlyte dot small it appears in the demo to be....
Old 11-22-2009, 20:08   #23
ChrisJn
"Old Bill"

mikegun, yes, it is certainly smaller, and less bright, than the light emitted from the CT on my Ruger LCP. The laser max sight on my S&W 37 J frame is brighter and larger than both of them.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:11   #24
minkis18

I just affixed this on my old G23 carry piece. I fell in love with the idea since I didn't want to take off my grip cover and lack a front rail to mount anything on. Plus, the guide rod lasers cost twice as much!

the indicator light (not an LED, it's actually a little bit of the laser light redirected to be visible) is not as bad as people make it out to be, even in low light it's no worse than aiming past the hallway night light.

ambientweather.com has it for ~$150, and I managed to get it for $158 after tax at my shooting range by mentioning that.
Sights, Optics and Lasers

Last edited by minkis18; 11-23-2009 at 10:24..
minkis18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 19:35   #25
ChrisJn
"Old Bill"

minkis18 - Good illustrative photo!!
Old 11-23-2009, 23:45   #26
minkis18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJn View Post
minkis18 - Good illustrative photo!!
thanks. I noticed a lack of 'real world' pictures and the ones supplied by laserlyte just don't cut it.
Old 11-24-2009, 17:38   #27
sixftunda

Went to the range today and ran 200 rounds through my G26. The first 100 with the laser off and the second 100 with it on. No problems whatsoever. One thing I do notice is that if you have the laser set to blinking and you fire the gun, the laser resets itself to always on. It doesnt bother me because I don't use the blink setting.
sixftunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 17:46   #28
Brian Lee
Drop those nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixftunda View Post
Went to the range today and ran 200 rounds through my G26. The first 100 with the laser off and the second 100 with it on. No problems whatsoever. One thing I do notice is that if you have the laser set to blinking and you fire the gun, the laser resets itself to always on. It doesnt bother me because I don't use the blink setting.
If yours is doing this, you should call LaserLyte and send it back for replacement/repair because I've seen them work perfectly in blink mode without resetting to constant on. It's NOT supposed to do what yours is doing, and I'm sure they'll make it right for you.
Brian Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 22:17   #29
sixftunda

I was at Cabelas in Michigan today and they are selling Glocks with these lasers installed already. Its adding 100.0O to the price.

To answer the previous poster, I got mine setup perfect on my everyday carry so even though it might be wrong, I won't be returning it. too much work to tear off.

What would be nice if they used tritium dots rather than the standard U sight and included a tritium front sight. I would pay extra for that.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:40   #30
minkis18

I agree about the tritium but then it would retail for $300, not $150-200. I actually plan on buying night sights just for the tritium front sight! I gotta see if Glockmeister has any spare, since they are located right next to my range.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:45   #31
sixftunda

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkis18 View Post
I agree about the tritium but then it would retail for $300, not $150-200. I actually plan on buying night sights just for the tritium front sight! I gotta see if Glockmeister has any spare, since they are located right next to my range.
That is also what I plan on doing.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:38   #32
thePirho

I wish instead of the barrels would roll or curve down than up so that it doesn't look like mickey mouse so much. Also this is a product coming from a company that makes a pistol bayonet.... and that sir I can not take seriously.

Good idea, but I think a sqoosh more engineering could have gone into it. Maybe instead of 1 model for all. Models that fit the slide tighter per gun model, XD, Glock, 1911, etc.
TX CHL, 17c with Houge Slip-On, extended slide release,mag release, glockmeister SS guide rod 22lb spring. Sig P6 with pacymyer grips, Sig 226 with houge grips in 9mm 357 40S&W, Beretta INOX Vertec 9mm, and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
thePirho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:20   #33
KappaAlphaASU

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePirho View Post
Also this is a product coming from a company that makes a pistol bayonet.... and that sir I can not take seriously.
Hey now, dont knock the pistol bayonet....I have one and its awesome. I cant seem to find a holster that will keep the blade from poking holes in my jeans though

About the laser sight, it seems like it would take a pretty unnatural movement to turn it on while drawing the gun during a stressful situation.
KappaAlphaASU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 14:21   #34
minkis18

I know, slightly old thread now but I wanted to post an update.

I just took my G23 with brand new Laserlyte to the range and had a fun time. It's a little sloppy zeroing the laser in some directions since you have to back off the screw and wait for the laser to adjust (took a minute to get my laser to move left). Once set up right though it's accurate. I was only shooting 10 yards but I was satisfied, and it also helped reinforce good trigger control.

I believe I figured out why the laser will always revert to a solid beam after shooting from a pulse beam. Even the force of the firing pin moving seemed to turn the unit off, probably from the batteries moving slightly off the connections. definitely a design flaw but it hasn't affected my unit enough to complain.

I still like the unit and the whole idea of putting a laser on top the gun. For me it was the only option I had without removing my favoruite grip cover! and no, the unit does not block your view when using sights.
Old 12-29-2009, 17:31   #35
ChrisJn
"Old Bill"

I've had mine almost six months now.
Took it to the range the other day and find it switches itself on after the first shot. Switched it off, fired again, and the laser is back on again.
Some might like this. I don't.(It's not supposed to happen).
My next laser will be a Lasermax in the barrel or a Crimson trace on the grip.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:12   #36
wongman1

Im wondering how this would work with a XS Big Dot front site....
wongman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 16:17   #37
98LS-WON

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkis18 View Post
I know, slightly old thread now but I wanted to post an update.

I just took my G23 with brand new Laserlyte to the range and had a fun time. It's a little sloppy zeroing the laser in some directions since you have to back off the screw and wait for the laser to adjust (took a minute to get my laser to move left). Once set up right though it's accurate. I was only shooting 10 yards but I was satisfied, and it also helped reinforce good trigger control.

I believe I figured out why the laser will always revert to a solid beam after shooting from a pulse beam. Even the force of the firing pin moving seemed to turn the unit off, probably from the batteries moving slightly off the connections. definitely a design flaw but it hasn't affected my unit enough to complain.

I still like the unit and the whole idea of putting a laser on top the gun. For me it was the only option I had without removing my favoruite grip cover! and no, the unit does not block your view when using sights.
Try taking the batteries out and bending the tab/ pulling on the spring increase tension on the batteries. That might fix it.
98LS-WON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 18:38   #38
texas 48
Gold Membership
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
Looks like two teats on a Boar Hog. Stupid too since it will obscure your view of the target.

Thats the reason for the laser. Red dot on target means gun is aimed at target no need to use manual sight unless more than 50 ft away. Even in bright sunlight at 7 yards you still can see the red dot on the target.
texas 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 19:30   #39
ricklee4570

Sounds like this company still needs to work the bugs out.
ricklee4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 19:53   #40
Lotiki
All that is man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
Looks like two teats on a Boar Hog. Stupid too since it will obscure your view of the target.

Typical trashtalk from someone who has never touched one.

If your looking through your sights and your target is so far off to the side that this blocks your view then your obviously not aiming correctly and need every bit of help you can get.