GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-02-2010, 18:48   #41
minkis18

yea, a few bugs (or QA issues) and not a design that everyone is going to jump on but I personally am sold. as for the question about the big dog sight, i'll have to measure it when I get home next week as I'm on vacation but it should work. check it first, or make sure you can return it just in case!

btw, it's half the price of a lasermax :P
minkis18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 21:31   #42
mikegun

I got one for my gen 2 g23 and i like it , i had a lasermax but the red dot was to small,also had a crimsontrace which was great but hard to grip the pistol, this laserlyte is cheap u can pick them up for 100 bucks the dot is plenty bright and it works great seems to be very tough after 500 40cal rounds, i am sold on it and will soon get another one, and no it wont come off when u rack the gun, in my opinion its a very good product seems like it ill last, ill report aain after 1000 rounds....
Old 02-08-2010, 13:49   #43
MarccraM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegun View Post
I got one for my gen 2 g23 and i like it , i had a lasermax but the red dot was to small,also had a crimsontrace which was great but hard to grip the pistol, this laserlyte is cheap u can pick them up for 100 bucks the dot is plenty bright and it works great seems to be very tough after 500 40cal rounds, i am sold on it and will soon get another one, and no it wont come off when u rack the gun, in my opinion its a very good product seems like it ill last, ill report aain after 1000 rounds....
Thanks for this update.. I must admit though.. now that crimson has the laserguard that isnt on the grip but actually on the trigger guard it seems really nice (no width to the grip).. The major downside is they only have it available for certain models and you would have to go holster shopping again I would imagine.

G23 g4, G19 g4, G27 g3, Walther PPS, M&P340ct, KT PF9, Ruger LCP, Mossberg 500 (x2), KT PLR-16, Century GP1975 AK47
MarccraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 22:29   #44
mikegun

u r right

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarccraM View Post
Thanks for this update.. I must admit though.. now that crimson has the laserguard that isnt on the grip but actually on the trigger guard it seems really nice (no width to the grip).. The major downside is they only have it available for certain models and you would have to go holster shopping again I would imagine.
I have a Crimson trace on my kel tec, goes under the slide, and makes the litt;le 380 very accurate, i see now they have thee for Glocks, but one would have to get a new holster......ill stick with the laserlyte, plenty bright and seems quite tough, and priced right 100 bucks, a gun dealer told me for every 3 glocks he ets a free laserlyte i guess thats why some place have them already on for 100 bucks, i put another 100 roungs through my g23 with the new laserlyte on and it works great, no more CT bulging grip....the laserlyte does not block the target, for me anyway.....so far so good...
Old 02-09-2010, 02:55   #45
minkis18

well as satisfied as I am with the Laserlyte, it looks like I might be selling it. I'm getting a new Taurus to become my new carry gun (assuming I like it enough...) but as of yet there are no laser options for the millennium pro series guns. If I end up changing carry guns I'll probably sell my Glock laser and use the money for night sights.

I never managed to get mine to stop cycling back to steady laser after firing. Tightening the battery cap helped to an extent, but it still reset upon return to battery. It does make a very nice handle for brass check though, I have caught myself using it a lot! I only put about 200 rounds thru under the sight but it still works.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:17   #46
Thrillhouse700

Not my cup of tea, its hideous. BUT, if it functions correctly then it stands the chance of possibly saving ones life someday, then I say go for it. I will continue working on using my stock sights for now, then once I am proficient maybe someone will have a nice looking and functioning laser for under a billion dollars.
Thrillhouse700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:51   #47
ricklee4570

If I could find a good deal on one, I would try it, but not for $140.00 or higher. Some say you can find them for around $100.00, not where I have been looking!
ricklee4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 14:59   #48
mikegun

RE LASER LYTE, said id post again after 1000 rounds through my g23 with 40 cal barrel and 9mm barrel, the sight still works fine for me, does not block target., on and off fast with 10 mins practice, laser does not go out of adjustment, bla bla and by shoping around i got it new for 98 bucks, i am very happy with it and see no downside, also it will fir on any model or size Glock....
Old 02-13-2010, 15:41   #49
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
Looks like two teats on a Boar Hog. Stupid too since it will obscure your view of the target.

Sights, Optics and Lasers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotiki View Post
Typical trashtalk from someone who has never touched one.

If your looking through your sights and your target is so far off to the side that this blocks your view then your obviously not aiming correctly and need every bit of help you can get.
I have to agree with Blaster, it's got to be one of the ugliest Glock accessories devised. Second only to the "laserlyte bayonet"

I've shot with it and it does nothing for me, the obscuring of the front sight is a definate issue should the batteries run out or the unit be damaged in a tussle. Lastly in my opinon the manner in which it is activated is a big negatory ghost rider... u would never get it on in time if a BG was coming at you. The CT laser grips have the advantage on this one by a long margin.

Nothing beats a good set of night sight. Just my two cents...
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
BLUE Kool-aid drinking team member
Boxerglocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 20:00   #50
Bull543

Is this wider than the receiver? I am thinking about getting one, but concerned if it will cause problems fitting in my Crossbreed Supertuck?
Bull543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 00:27   #51
minkis18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull543 View Post
Is this wider than the receiver? I am thinking about getting one, but concerned if it will cause problems fitting in my Crossbreed Supertuck?
nope, sits rather flush.

totally unrelated but I saw an ad for their rail mounted rifle laser and it really just looks like an enlarged version of the Glock sight!!! I guess they like that design...
http://laserlyte.com/Laser_Gun_Sights/K-15/K-15.html
Old 02-24-2010, 22:16   #52
mikegun

Laserlyte update

Well i shot another 500 rounds though my 40 g23, laserlyte has not come loose nor has it come out of adjustment, holding up well, also mine has never reverted back to solid beam when on blink, they are making them for smithpd and springfield autos now....and if u have 5 glocks it will fit on all five it is not model specific, one laserlyte will go on any glock.....ill keep it....almost forgot, the glock has fit in any holster ive tried it in, with ll attached..

Last edited by mikegun; 02-24-2010 at 22:19..
mikegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:22   #53
ricklee4570

Too bad they dont make them with a green laser. I would be really interested then.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:49   #54
brasschicken

Laserlyte

I paid $120 at a gun show. It works perfectly on my G19. It is very durable and holds zero very well. I activate on the draw, it is almost second nature.

This would be near perfect with a GREEN DIODE.

Disclosure: I have a Crimson Trace and like it too.

Last edited by brasschicken; 03-03-2010 at 07:50..
brasschicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:19   #55
SPDMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklee4570 View Post
Too bad they dont make them with a green laser. I would be really interested then.
I e-mailed cust. service @ laserlyte about a green rear sight laser. They said that technology hasn't quite come around yet for the green laser to be so small. They said that they would hope to offer one as soon as technology allows. Damn, I want mine NOW!!
Old 03-03-2010, 10:42   #56
ricklee4570

I have heard that the green laser required more energy to activate it.
Old 03-04-2010, 21:34   #57
Bull543

Anybody have any issues sighting the laser in? I picked one up today and can't get the thing to adjust. neither the elevation nor windage allen screws will move laser....it just sitting on front sight and won't adjust

Last edited by Bull543; 03-04-2010 at 21:35..
Old 03-05-2010, 03:13   #58
minkis18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull543 View Post
Anybody have any issues sighting the laser in? I picked one up today and can't get the thing to adjust. neither the elevation nor windage allen screws will move laser....it just sitting on front sight and won't adjust
it seemed 'sluggish' to move when backing the screw out when I zeroed it. I guess that's why they said to always finish on a clockwise rotation. Just back them both all the way out and go from there.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:21   #59
Bull543

Yea...backed them out about 8 times, but still won't adjust. I am going to have to send it back.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:32   #60
Master T

Good solution for people who want a laser that will allow there weapon to use the holster that they already have. However the larger raer sight does take away from the target, and creates a problem visually going from weapon to weapon. Example carry gun vs back up weapon.
Master T is offline   Reply With Quote