SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-18-2010, 23:27   #51
minkis18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull543 View Post
Is this wider than the receiver? I am thinking about getting one, but concerned if it will cause problems fitting in my Crossbreed Supertuck?
nope, sits rather flush.

totally unrelated but I saw an ad for their rail mounted rifle laser and it really just looks like an enlarged version of the Glock sight!!! I guess they like that design...
http://laserlyte.com/Laser_Gun_Sights/K-15/K-15.html
minkis18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 21:16   #52
mikegun

Laserlyte update

Well i shot another 500 rounds though my 40 g23, laserlyte has not come loose nor has it come out of adjustment, holding up well, also mine has never reverted back to solid beam when on blink, they are making them for smithpd and springfield autos now....and if u have 5 glocks it will fit on all five it is not model specific, one laserlyte will go on any glock.....ill keep it....almost forgot, the glock has fit in any holster ive tried it in, with ll attached..

Last edited by mikegun; 02-24-2010 at 21:19..
mikegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:22   #53
ricklee4570

Too bad they dont make them with a green laser. I would be really interested then.
ricklee4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:49   #54
brasschicken

Laserlyte

I paid $120 at a gun show. It works perfectly on my G19. It is very durable and holds zero very well. I activate on the draw, it is almost second nature.

This would be near perfect with a GREEN DIODE.

Disclosure: I have a Crimson Trace and like it too.

Last edited by brasschicken; 03-03-2010 at 06:50..
brasschicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:19   #55
SPDMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklee4570 View Post
Too bad they dont make them with a green laser. I would be really interested then.
I e-mailed cust. service @ laserlyte about a green rear sight laser. They said that technology hasn't quite come around yet for the green laser to be so small. They said that they would hope to offer one as soon as technology allows. Damn, I want mine NOW!!
Old 03-03-2010, 09:42   #56
ricklee4570

I have heard that the green laser required more energy to activate it.
Old 03-04-2010, 20:34   #57
Bull543

Anybody have any issues sighting the laser in? I picked one up today and can't get the thing to adjust. neither the elevation nor windage allen screws will move laser....it just sitting on front sight and won't adjust

Last edited by Bull543; 03-04-2010 at 20:35..
Bull543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:13   #58
minkis18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull543 View Post
Anybody have any issues sighting the laser in? I picked one up today and can't get the thing to adjust. neither the elevation nor windage allen screws will move laser....it just sitting on front sight and won't adjust
it seemed 'sluggish' to move when backing the screw out when I zeroed it. I guess that's why they said to always finish on a clockwise rotation. Just back them both all the way out and go from there.
minkis18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:21   #59
Bull543

Yea...backed them out about 8 times, but still won't adjust. I am going to have to send it back.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:32   #60
Master T

Good solution for people who want a laser that will allow there weapon to use the holster that they already have. However the larger raer sight does take away from the target, and creates a problem visually going from weapon to weapon. Example carry gun vs back up weapon.
Master T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:44   #61
Bren
NRA Life Member

Never mind - I see it has a rear sight.

Last edited by Bren; 03-05-2010 at 05:47..
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:55   #62
MarcoPolo

Note: I have *never* seen or used one of these, so my comments are on design.

Is the thought behind this that it is a range gun accessory?

It seems to have some significant downside for a carry gun:

1. It seems like if worn IWB, it would rub like a larger sight. Is this the case?
2. Are they strong enough to use them to rack the slide on a belt (as they protrude above the sights?)
3. With no pressure switch, they have to be manually switched on? How does this work in a self-defense situation.

I'm not saying this thing doesn't have it's place, I'm sure it's great for spotting shooting errors and range work like any good laser.. just seems like for CCW, it makes changes that I am very, very hesitant to make (adding a step to my drawstroke, possibly effecting the actual draw and one handed slide-racks, etc.)

Help a Shriner Help a Child

http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
MarcoPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:36   #63
ricklee4570

Somewhere there is a torture test on this sight where they hammer a nail with it.

I would guess that utilizing it to rack the slide should not pose a problem.

With a little training, one should be able to ascertain whether they need the laser on and then switch it accordingly. Much as one would flick off a safety. This should work okay in a home defense situation. However, in a ccw situation Im not so sure. In a worst case scenario where you dont have time to switch it on, you can still use it as a regular rear sight.

If you shoot with both eyes open, then there really shouldnt be a concern about it blocking the target in your sight picture.

Im still on the fence about purchasing one. If I could find a good deal on one I would probably give it a try.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:43   #64
Bull543

Called Laserlyte...they have great customer service. They are going to ship me a new one and provide prepaid postage to ship defective one back....just hope the product is as good?
Old 03-16-2010, 16:05   #65
ricklee4570

I found a used unit very cheap. I know the seller and it is in good condition. I will give it a good workout and see how it holds up.
Old 03-19-2010, 16:45   #66
ricklee4570

Just got back from the range. All went well. I installed the sight (super easy to do), sighted it in at home on a target on the wall by using the iron sights and adjusting the laser to the point of aim of the iron sights.

Went to the range and the laser was dead on target. I shot 200 rounds. Functioned perfectly. Fun and I didnt find the size (as far as target obstruction) a problem at all. So far, very reliable and lots of fun. I shot some really tight groups with my 26 from 5, 10 and 15 yards.

I give this two thumbs up so far. I will report back after I have put several thousand rounds downrange for a long term report.

Last edited by ricklee4570; 03-19-2010 at 16:45..
Old 03-19-2010, 21:47   #67
DLSR

I just looked at this over the weekend looked very nice.
DLSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 19:28   #68
gargodude

Still needs development

I bought my first one for my M23 and installation was really easy. You don't need an installation tool at all. The brass drift they give you works just fine. You can use a soft plastic punch to drive out the factory sight since it's not in there too tight. Once installed, I rough-sighted it in, or at least attempted to. I could adjust the windage in one direction but it would not come back the other way when I backed off on the screw. I called LaserLyte and the rep was very nice. She told me to back out both adjustment screws and let it sit at room temperature for about an hour to let it "reset" (there is an elastomer ring inside the unit, which acts as a return spring). One it has reset, she also suggested no to make all of the adjustment in one axis all at once, but to go a little bit with each screw until you get it on target. I let it sit overnight, tried her method and it still wouldn't adjust properly. I called the next day and they told me they would send me a new one. I had it by THE NEXT DAY. It came with batteries inside it, 4 extras and they included a 12-pack of batteries for my trouble. I will say, they get an "A+" for customer service. I installed the replacement and sent back the original one in the postage-paid envelope they sent. This one was able to be rough-sighted in without issue, but when I took it out to the range today, that's when the trouble started. The first thing I noticed was that if you set the mode switch to pulsating initially, it would often switch to constant after 1 or 2 shots. The real problems came when trying to dial the thing in. The windage adjustment came in OK, but by the time I got the elevation adjustment onto the target (at 15 yds.), I went a little too high and couldn't bring it back down by backing out the screw. This is a repeat of the problem I had with the first one, but in the other axis. I also found that once I thought I had it close, it wouldn't stay vertically on target after a few shots. I was shooting off a bench with a sandbag, so it wasn't me. After almost 140 rounds, I decided to turn the laser off and try a magazine off the sights again. Almost all in the 10 ring. So much for the laser. I brought it home and uninstalled it. That's when I noticed the battery compartment screw was loose. I had read some reviews which also said this would happen before I bought it. Oh well. My conclusion is that this is a promising idea, but needs further refinement before I want to bet my life on it's performance (or lack thereof). LaserLyte deserves praise for good customer service, but I think they missed the mark on the quality. It goes back on Monday.

Last edited by gargodude; 08-04-2012 at 13:55.. Reason: Took out Word code
gargodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:57   #69
mikegun

two things when u adjust the laser u must lock it in place with a very short twist to the right, this way it cannot drift off tarket with repeated shooting, also if ur glock turns to blinking after u shoot it call laser lyte they will send u a new battery cap that is a fix for this....i have shot the hell out of my g23 and had no probs at all works fineIMHO