Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-25-2009, 18:39   #1
Jerseycitysteve

Scott Taylor for Congress

http://www.scotttaylorforcongress.com/

Virginia Second District

Last edited by Jerseycitysteve; 09-25-2009 at 18:43..
Jerseycitysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 18:31   #2
The Cavalry
I said "member"

I can really get behind this guy!

From his website:

Quote:
After high school, Scott enlisted in the U.S. Navy, became the youngest SEAL at the time at age 19. As a SEAL, Scott served throughout South and Central America where he gained a fluency in Spanish, built rapport with host nation militaries and leaders, and advanced U.S. interests. Scott also served in Operation Iraqi Freedom, where he was injured in a fall during a combat mission in 2005. Scott served over 8 years in the SEAL teams and spent 2 years teaching his fellow SEALs marksmanship and reconnaissance. While in the military, Scott started a small business and currently owns and operates a real estate brokerage company, a fitness center and a security consulting firm. Scott led a security mission that ensured the safety of U.S. citizens in Yemen during the Israel/Palestinian conflict in 2009.

Scott studied Government Contracting at Old Dominion University. He ran for Mayor of Virginia Beach in 2008 and performed well among many voting blocks. Scott serves on the board of the UDT/SEAL Museum and the Virginia Beach Forum, an organization that seeks to promote civic discourse in Hampton Roads. He is a member of the UDT/Seal Association, the American Legion, The Navy League, and the VFW. Scott is the “Voice of Leadership” on Portfolio.com, a video blog affiliated with the Virginian Pilot that highlights examples of leadership and goodwill in Hampton Roads. He is active with the charity Operation Smile, serves as a mentor to an 11 year old, and attends Wave Church in Virginia Beach.
The Cavalry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 20:41   #3
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

OK, so he has a nice record of service in the US Navy; so did Sen. Jim Webb (D) and former Sen. John Warner (RINO), both of whom served as Marine officers during wartime, and both of whom later served as Secretary of the Navy.

I wouldn't vote for either of them for political reasons.

What are his political views and values, since he's running for political office?

Of course, anyone or even anything would be better than my idiot congressman Jim Moron in the 8th district.

Last edited by ChuteTheMall; 01-06-2010 at 20:46..
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 21:50   #4
Jerseycitysteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
OK, so he has a nice record of service in the US Navy; so did Sen. Jim Webb (D) and former Sen. John Warner (RINO), both of whom served as Marine officers during wartime, and both of whom later served as Secretary of the Navy.

I wouldn't vote for either of them for political reasons.

What are his political views and values, since he's running for political office?

Of course, anyone or even anything would be better than my idiot congressman Jim Moron in the 8th district.
http://www.scotttaylorforcongress.com/
Jerseycitysteve is offline   Reply With Quote